Halo vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by SaphireKosmos, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Yes, I thought so...Chakotay barely hid his laugh, much to the annoyance of the Krenim that was threatening Voyager. Honestly, I think it's the actor (Robert Beltran) that reacted, rather than his character being assigned that reaction in the script. To see it executed was just tremendous.

PS I altered my last response to you slightly

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

It proves size does matter.

And Halo has been exposed to teleportation. The Forerunners used teleporters for transit, and the Covenent salvage Forerunner tech, making it slightly better in the process ( The needlers on Forerunner Enforcers and the Covenent needlers.) . Though the Covenent rarely innovate, instead prefering to imitate. Being masters of reverse engineering, it would not surprise me if they copied the specs for transporters, phasers, and photon torpedos. And I highly doubt that any ship in the Federation arsenal can hold more then 20 MAC rounds in its cargo hold. The reason to me that the Covenent prefer material transportation is because you can move more personnel and logistics then you could with a teleporter. And we've seen how massive they can build and how powerful they are ( They ripped a moon in half and turned it into a giant city-ship.) . And I think that the Federation would likely help Earth, given that they were peacefully colonizing worlds untill the Covenent glassed an outermost human colony. The Covenent were the first to attack, which means they instigated the war. And even though their from different universes, Earth is still the birthplace of humans and the Capital of the Federation. The UNSC is similar to the way the Federation was before intergation of other races.

And the Covenent are fighting a religous war, just like what the Arabs are doing in Iraq. Except this time the Arabs are winning. The Covenent have superior numbers, and will not stop a war until the enemy is either compleatly annihalated or integrated into the Covenent.

And in Halo 3, the Covenent have apparently conquered Earth ( Theres a grunt crossing sign in the trailer.) . And if Gravemind were to be let loose on a Federation ship.......

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Brutes and Hunters cant be assmilated by the flood so I dont think the borg could do any better.
    Oh and drones or buggers what ever you want to call them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Your worlds shall burn until their surface is but glass!

8. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Guilty Spark there is the final answer he teleports into your ships and dosnt shut up about how you must stop the flood by activating the halos and drives your crew nuts until you teleport him off your ship, then he just teleports himself back oh and he wont die I have tried everything to kill him it dosnt work

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

??

Enterprise has transported entire moving shuttlecraft into it's docking bays already. So has Voyager. I imagine those shuttlecraft would mass at least the same as the lower scale mass driver ammo (600T-1000T), shuttlecraft lengths are listed between 6 to 25 meters dependant on the class (shuttlepod up to runabout). Voyager has beamed a small vessel bigger than their Federation shuttlecraft already. Starfleet ships are thus logically capable of successfully using the transporter on moving inert matter.

This means nothing, this does not prove that a NOVA bomb is immune or is triggered by a transporter.

They have to board a ship first. Kill the crew before they either resist or initiate self destruct and without damaging the ship then successfully get past the encryption protocols without the computer wiping the database clean. AND survive on that ship when a score of surrounding Starfleet controlled vessels would be authorized to vaporize the compromised ship just because Halo invaders siezed it. You make it sound much easier than it would be.

It also would not surprise me if Fleet engineers like Geordi or Belanna figures out the Mass Driver specs after one scan.

Like i said haloguy...they do not have to. The transporters only need to scatter the molecules. Or they could just leave a line of photon torps in the way and blast the MAC matter to bits.

Speculation. I suggest to you that Covenant teleporters are not advanced enough that biological beings can survive it.

The true power of the transporter is not how much matter it can transport, but what comes out at the end of the process. The first part of transporters is essentially demolecularization. Many energy weapons can do that.

They'd like to, but trust me, if the Federation were under attack, their first priority would be to eliminate the Covenant's military machine.

As seen in the Mirror Universe Trek 'sodes, 'our' Starfleeters would indeed go against the Mirror Universe's Earth representatives if in danger. This is enough premise to assume that if Trek's Earth is threatened, they will neutralize (as humanely as possible) this threat.

How unfortunate for them.

Like I said, Dr Crusher would whip out her miracle hypospray make genetic mulch of the threat.

Or, Seven of Nine and Voyager's EMH would whip up a super batch of Seven's nanoprobes to neutralize the Flood DNA...ridding 'Gravemind' of its power.

Please bear in mind that genetic engineering is required for a Fleet doctor.

Or, they'd just beam it into space. Gravemind can only use its own teleporter a limited distance in and around the Halo 05 ring. Fleet ships can stand at a distance and use transporters.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  10. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Cov weapons are MAGIC stated by Bungie
    Flood will not be stoped by nanoprobes the most advanced race of all time did* everything to stop them and it wasnt enough

11. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Fettmans right. They tried everything: spaceing them, molecular deconstruction, bioweapons, directed energy weapons, glassing infected worlds, isolateing or executing infected people, deep freezing them in cold chambers. They are like the Cockroach of of biological sentients. They have no feeling of pain. Their intelligence and ferocity grows with every new victim ( as evidenced by Gravemind). They attack by the miilions, drawn to sentient beings and the ships. A single infection form can infect an entire planet. And they also have waht is essentially super-steroids produced in their bodys ( If any other creature had it, they would shatter their bones from being unaccustomed to their strength) . They heal their wounds in seconds, and have no sense of slef-preservation. The only thing that drives them is their insatiable hunger. They can stay alive indefinately, the flood forms on the first Halo having been there for millions of years. And once their in you, they mind rape you for information, whilst controlling your body, with you seeing what they see, but having absolutely no control over what was once your body. very soon after you are infected, the brain dies, killing off all traces of the former person, instead replaced by a monster that will kill and kill and kill untill it is either dead or all sentient life has been subjugated.

Even the Halos, the Forerunners last line of defense, which was designed to wipe the galaxy clean of the Floods food, did absolutely nothing to them. All it did was kill every sentient thing in the entire galaxy.

And were the Flood and the Borg to meet, then you would have either a stalemate, or a super race of hybrids intent on either killing of or assimilating all intelligent species. As soon as a carrier form gets on the enterprise, then all is lost for ST. With combined knowledge of Picard and the crew, they will go on an intergalactic rampage, consuming armadas, worlds, even entire star sectors. And you would not be able to beam over to an infected ship for one reason: the Flood produce airborn and water born toxins, and have no need for air. And as soon as you beam over, you will be swarmed by hundreds of Infection forms, each one wanting to steal your body.

And were the Halo's effect to go through ST wormhole to the Halo universe.......

12. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Flood are like super Zombies on drugs the Cov city fell in a matter of hours to them

13. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Dead Flood can only be permanently disabled by being completely destroyed.

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

HALO has the numbers ?, there are only a few colonies left. the UFP has 150 member planets.
    Star Trek vs UNSC ships would mean like covenant and humans , ST would win.
    If its universe on universe, the Borg will emerge victorious over the covenant.
    The UFP would not fight other humans, but ally with them against the covenant.
    Man, i'd love to see a spartan with a cloak.

Borg vs Flood... Borg would win, numbers and cybernetic implants plus nanoprobes.
    UFP vs flood, UFP would have a really tough battle, but it has defeated parasites before.

15. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Wow rabid trekkies who think Trek could be Warhammer 40k and that shocked me but now you can beat the Cov or the flood you guys really no nothing about Sicfi other than Trek lmao! this is going to be fun.

16. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

How many times do I have to say it Flood cant be stopped by the Borg if the forerunners couldn't do it then how could the Tech impaired Borg do it when Magic weapons couldnt?

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

If there were more of the forerunners, then they would have had a chance, and where does it say in the books or game that they've tried nanoprobes ?, Every time a borg assimilates a species, it learns all their tricks and the way they think, so if the borg assimilate one little flood, they know everything.

18. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

They wouldn't learn everything, only what the Flood learned from its host. And I doubt a Borg could assimilate Gravemind. The best way to think of the Flood is as a sentient bioweapon. They have nearly the same function as the borg: assimilate races and learn of future feeding grounds. In this way, they are like a cross between the Wraith in Stargate: Atlantis and the Borg. If a flood infects a capitain of a ship, they immediately start to sift through his memorys, then deleting the memorys from existance, untill they find a planet or something usefull. The flood only die from extreamly trauma to the body.They will continue to fight even if their head and arms have been blasted of. They have a habit of not staying dead. And if you kill a combat form, a new infection form can come and take control of the body. Their is a reason their called the Flood. And did I mention these guys can jump about 50 feet into the air and land right next to you?

19. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I conceded in the Warhammer thread that magic is its trump card. Q, Organians and Traveller are the closest that the Trek universe has to "magic". Q are the only beings that have gone on the offensive. Tech to tech Warhammer would probably struggle, but there's that pesky magic again. Maybe Capt. Picard should go back in time and bring in Harry Potter

Halo however has little experience with transporters, and a self defeating superweapon that is deadly to all life in its own galaxy. No shields to speak of, still reliant on (quaint) nuclear armaments, and afraid of some squishy creatures. I have seen no evidence of magic in Halo.

I have already said that Federation doctors are especially adept in genetic engineering. Flood capabilities provide no new and undefeatable challenges to them (see my examples in previous posts).

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Sure, no probs...I have no issue that pre Voyager (Scorpion) Borg would have been completely incapable of assimilating the Flood. However:

1. They could incinerate them at a distance. Species 8472 proves highly resistant to Borg weapons, but this doesn't mean the Flood is.
    2. The Borg have now learned of Federation genetic manipulation. They only need a single clean scan, or one dna molecule from the Flood to adapt the Voyager weapon.

Wow...the Flood creatures are large mexican jumping beans. Scary.

Did I mention that all Federation ships have transporters and can move personnel across a planet and inclusive of the sector in orbit, limited only by the fact that the beam is necessarily straight ?

21. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

*Deleted by poster*

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  22. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

Alas, when you say primitive, you are referring to humans. The Covenent are like technological vultures. They got their tech directly from the Forerunners. They have shields, megastructures, torpedos powerful enough to melt through all the decks of battleships, mile long capital ships, and an armada vast enough that it would make the Borg Queen go " Holy Shit!!!!" if she had emotions. And you don't seem to know very much about the Flood. If were afraid of squishy creatures, wouldn't you think theres a reason? Wouldn't you think they would be considered enough of a threat to give reason to building the Halos? Wouldn't you think there would be a reason they activated the Halos? The Forerunners are considered demigods for several reasons. And I would think that were the Flood vulnarable to bio-weapons, the Forerunners would have wiped them out. 343 Guilty Spark even says " After exausting EVERY last avaible option, the Forerunners activated the Halos, destroying themselves and all sentient life within 12 galactic radii of the galactic center". Notice that he says "every". That includes bioweapons. Granted, incineration would indeed be effective against the Flood, seeing as how the Sentinals of the Halos use that to destroy the Flood. But unless you can give about 30+ such weapons to the troops, then you will be overwhelmed. You can sum it up quite nicely by what an infected Covenent Prophet once said: "The Forerunners not defeat us, what chance you!". Notice that these words were coming from the Infection Form that was controlling the body; the former Prophet had absolutely no control, being compleatly assimilated.

The Flood jumping thing is indeed scary becuase they land next to you and then proceed to rip your head off. And tell me why you think that the Covenent still use nukes? I think I spy a ravenous trekkie. You absolutely refuse to come to compromises or see things for both sides. I'm starting to think your the TW of Trek fans. For the sake of Challenger and Fettman, I'll post a link:http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

23. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

"The actual technology is not plasma as we know it, but something far more dangerous, arcane, and destructive."