Halo vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by SaphireKosmos, Jun 20, 2007.

1. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I think Im gonna ignore you, you are the most simple minded, selfish, jerkwad to ever crawl the face of my computer screen.

You wouldnt know jack sh1t if it punched you in the face.

You dont know what your talking about, you offer no proof, and you make sh1t up.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ricrery Banned Banned

Pot-kettle-black.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Sorry for the wait, been busy with other threads and sites.

ST forces could try, but the Covenant are going to have a lot more brute force to put behind the magnetic field given how overpowered their ships are.

Ok, I'll check it out later.

Wil; I recall them being called cutting lasers, but than I'm just going off of what I recall seeing elsewhere since I have not seen the episode in question.

*Note to self: Watch more Star Trek so I know what the magnetometric guided charges are*

True, but that will only work against the ship(s) it would be flying at in close. Though it is likely that the Covenant would not fire on it until they get a clear shot if the Fed ship can keep the Covenant ship in the cross hairs of other Covie ships.

True, is likely to be plasma based like nearly everything else they use.

Will like I said its been sometime since I've seen it and am just going off of what I recall.

And though I haven't seen DS9 this was a battle between the Defiant and a ship form an alt. universe as I recall. What was the name of the episode? I'll look it over when I go to MA.

I'll look it over later.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I think in the end Trek would win... would be a bloodbath at first as the sheer size and power of the Covie's overwhelm them... but once tactics and superior mobility kick in (as well as adaptation and trechnobabble solutions) I think Trek would plink a hole in the Cov's shields and simply wipe the floor with them.

That, or they'd call in the Future Feds (time travel ftw) or Q... lol...

8. ricrery Banned Banned

Yet an entire fleet can't conjure up what one ship can conjure. It would be a bloodbath, cept one side wouldn't be bleeding.

9. ricrery Banned Banned

Doing my calculating, I decided to calculate how much it would take to boil water away.

Well, I found out that there is 326,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons in the world. It takes 2.260 kj to boil down one gram, and there is almost 4,500 grams in a gallon. To vaporize it all would take 613,972,800 gigatons or 1.467x10^26J. The Covenant vaporized a planet's (of bigger size than Earth) ocean in an hour. This would take 170.498 teratons a second, but since they used 36 ships (right?), it would be 4.736,055,556 teratons per second per ship.

A single ship in the Covenant does almost 5 teratons a second, so, HOW can Star Trek beat it? Oh yes, you just think Star Trek is better therefor it wins. Well, fact is, a ship can produce over 100 times what the Cardassian Dreadnought did *in a single second*. Halo is above Star Trek, and that's the truth.

10. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Covenant ships don't litearlly glass planets. We've seen that 'glassed worlds' have nuclear ice ages--ie, they've just been bombed the fuck out. Also, do we have to keep going with wank yields? If you want wank yields, I can top that with Trek. Easily.

11. ricrery Banned Banned

Go ahead, do so. The Cardassian superweapon: almost 43 gigatons. Borg nanite bomb: 17 teratons total. The Covenant can top that.

In "Genesis", a Photon Torpedo only destroyed an asteroid barely bigger than itself.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If I may interject something:

A MAC cannon fires a shell of ferros tungsten... and is able to penetrate Covenant shielding.

UFP Starships are built from Duranium and Tritanium composite, materials FAR harder, more dense, and with greater elasticity than Tungsten (all around far superior materials). It is stated at some point in the show that Tritanium is far stronger than Titanium and denser than Lead, which leads me to believe it's magnitudes stronger than Tunsten. Yet, Phasers still have no problems vaporizing large chunks of these materials.

I think it's safe to say UFP phasers could be quite damaging to Covvy shields due to this fact. I mean... a Tungsten slug would impact a UFP ship (assuming shields are down) and, while it may dent/distort the ship, I doubt it would penetrate, due to the sheer difference in material strength and composition.

*shrugs*

Just my .02$

13. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Harvest was not fully glassed because the Covenant wanted the Forerunner relics on it intact. You know, like EVERY OTHER PLANET THAT HAD A FORERUNNER RELIC. Even Halopedia agrees that Harvest was not fully glassed. You are trying to force a COMPLETELY unnecessary contradiction where there is none.

What next, are you going to again claim that the screen going white at the end of H:CE is the explosion when I disproved it with a link to what happens when you fail to escape that makes it very clear (as though it wasn't clear enough before) that it was dramatic fade out?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  14. this should've been created as a poll. It is such a great question even I need to think about it. Hmmm........I say........eh Halo but only because of the fact that the actual Halo ring is a big giant weapon.

15. DarkFox13 Registered Senior Member

argh! halo kills, the end.

16. DarkFox13 Registered Senior Member

don't know if this is relevant or whatever but wouldn't the flood take down the borg?
    correct me if i'm wrong!
    take note of the user title

17. berzerker Registered Senior Member

halo inhabitants could use the rings individually to destroy attacking ST forces

18. Ilithi_Dragon Dragon Overlord Registered Senior Member

Wouldn't that kind of kill all life in the galaxy? Even individually?

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, Ilithi got a point, collateral damage.

20. Ilithi_Dragon Dragon Overlord Registered Senior Member

Okay, I checked and it's not the entire galaxy that would go... Just everything within a 25,000 lightyear radius, so only a quarter of the galaxy.

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I never knew that...anyways, the keyword is everything.

22. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

"This installation has a maximum effective radius of twenty-
    five thousand light years, but once the others follow suit, this
    galaxy will be quite devoid of like, or at least any life with suf-
    ficient biomass to sustain the Flood."
    - 343 Gulity Spark

Lighting one ring lights all of them.

Yes, the Flood should be able to beat the Borg given they can infect faster than the Borg can assimilate as seen in Halo 3 where it takes less than 10 seconds to full infect Marines/Brutes/Elites. Really comes down to how much biomass the Flood have and how many ships and their tech level.

23. Clandistine1 Registered Member

Just pointing out:
    A normal mac cannon firing a 800 ton tungsten slug at 40% the speed of light has a kinetic value of 1.17 tera tons of tnt according to halopedia