Hallucinations caused by Cannabis

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Diode-Man, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what similar stimuli? how similar? and whether either one of them were in a suggestible mood is entirely speculative. i've been pretty high and i've never seen aliens. there are also people who claim to have seen aliens while sober.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Not being omnipotent, and never claiming to be, just why the fuck are you asking me that question?

Cannabis makes people relaxed, and being relaxed makes people more suggestible. Go read a book on hypnotherapy, and get beyond your speculation.

So what? Like I said, just 'cos some stoner doesn't have the experience doesn't mean others can.

Yeah, and they are about as sane as you are.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Crazy Shit is real . He comes from the Nez Perce tribe. Pretty nice guy too . He likes to get wild and cray though. Yeah when he hooks up with Get Wild a girl from the Black Foot tribe look out . Now this is weird shit " Babies " happen

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

You smoke weed . Only weed smokers know what schwag is. The new expression is Chief , Yeah get hip and smoke Chief . It evolved from the idea of Peace Pipes . So that is what young people say . Smoke some chief

8. John99 Banned Banned

Well its still better than the hard stuff. In the long run they'll all do you in.

9. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Milk drinkers die too. Except if someone drinks my milk you might live longer . I call it Doctor GReathouse's white root injection .

Have you not heard? Weed is the gate way drug. I actually learned a week ago the real gate way drug is Tobacco and weed is way down on the list . Alcohol is the number 2 gate way drug. Out law Alcohol NOW!!! Oh yeah that was tried once , never mind

10. John99 Banned Banned

Why is tobacco a gateway drug? It dont even get you high.

11. John99 Banned Banned

Someone on here claims to get high from caffeine. Dont want to mention any names but what a load of HS that is.

12. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I don't smoke anything, I am a daily long distance runner and cannot tolerate dirt in my lungs or toxins in my bloodstream.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Cannabis is one of my ongoing research projects, however.

Hallucinating is a very common part of Buddhist meditation. Every meditation session quickly goes to an illusory, hallucinatory period. This due to the cessation of saccades. Without constant eye movement the illusion that you believe is what you actually see goes away until you shift your gaze.

Note: both nicotine and caffeine are psychoactive drugs. Individuals may experience differing effects from these substances.

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you're the one who brought it up as an assumption and isn't that a basis for your arguement? nonetheless yes, diode man would have to answer my questions.

being relaxed and seeing an alien are two very different things. which begs another question for diode man...were they in fact relaxed? i don't think i would be if i saw an alien.

that's another question i have for diode...how often did he and his brother get high? i mean if aliens exist, and these guys were high most of the time, or even a lot of the time, odds would be good they would see an alien when they were high, but not because the two things are related.

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They use to do it when pot was only 5.00 an ounce and peyote buds were 1.00 each. Back then it was more of an experimental type thing rather than just getting high so to say. But the few who put the peyote in with their pot did have some very nice hallucinations for sure. :m:

15. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

I call bullshit in regards to pot being responsible for anyones hallucinations unless they were predisposed to it prior and weed somehow stimulated it. I have been smoking since I was 15 and when I smoke "too much" pot I normally just go to sleep.

This is what I suspect is the key agent to any "hallucinations" relating to weed. Have you ever been deprived sleep or alternatively operated when you were very tired? Your sensory system is not 100% up to key.

Before I smoked I would stay up sometimes at night and the shadows in my room would appear a little different. I would "hear" things sometimes that really wasnt there or was exagerated based on me staying up all night.

Seems like when theres less activity (the later it is) or silence or whatever can successfully "alter" your experience.

16. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

I also have never heard of hallucinating on pot, yet the US govt does classify it as an hallucinogen.

17. SomethingClever Registered Senior Member

in response to the first comment, I am high on caffeine right now! I have been everyday for the last three months. It is not a super intense high, but it's definitely a high.

to Stryder: I am well aware that my brain is still being influenced by the "half-life" of THC. Last year I abstained for 7 months and by the 7th month I was a completely different person (in a good way)

cannabis is a double-edged sword: the benefits are many, but when abused, it completely erases everything that's good in life, it robs me of my natural spirit.

I am aware that life is far better non-stoner, but when I have to write a bunch of papers on insignificant/dull topics, I smoke lots of weed and sort of "go to sleep" and when I wake up, my papers are done. :bugeye:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:m:

I think in moderation cannabis is a God-send, but frankly, I like the stuff too damn much, so it's best to just steer clear.

18. John99 Banned Banned

Well for myself it shows some physical changes, but only if i overdo it. I usually dont but coffee can\will make me jittery. Never felt "high" from it where someone will say i was mentally altered.

19. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Exactly. thank you.

There was no damn alien!

20. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Well, the weed never did it alone, but if I ever stressed out badly I'd start seeing and hearing shit that was just not there. (But only when I was ON weed)

21. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

Misleading thread title.

A cautionary tale about mental illness is all I get from this thread.

22. Gustav Banned Banned

i have mild hppd (mostly ripples of lines) that is accentuated by weed.
    fun stuff but a reminder that acid carves out new pathways and whatnot

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A friend of mine has that. She sees a drop of water drop from the top of the frame whenever she goes through a doorway.