halloween

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by robtex, Oct 3, 2004.

1. robtex Registered Senior Member

Are you going to wear a costume and if so if what? If not this year when was last time(s) and what were you?

I am going as a demon with a 4 ft plastic axe.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vslayer Registered Senior Member

plastic??, im gonna scare little keids witha real one

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I dunno what I wanna do for Halloween this year yet.

But what I did last year was dress in all-black, and put on the magnetic glasses clip that came with my then-new glasses. They are so kool, but I've lost the clip! Anyway, I grabbed a mop and skrewed the handle off, and I took it with me. I was a blind person.

I might wanna do it again. There was a kool sense of security that came with carrying a mop handle around . . .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Plus, I will have another eye appointment before then, and I might be able to get new glasses, so I'm gonna get the same kind I got last time.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Bah, Halloween gets more popular here each year, and I hate the little brats at my door. Perhaps I dress up in a black robe, some corpse paint and a scythe (a real one) and scare away some people.

8. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I've always wanted to dress up and go, but this year there's no company, and my creeps think it's silly. So I guess this will be another boring halloween with beggars at my door.

9. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I'm going to give out the candy this year (as always, it seems). My friends and I have a tradition of making a conference call on Halloween while we are all giving out candy. The last thing I need is to eat candy...

10. MagiAwen Registered Senior Member

I am involved in a community service group. This year we are having a haunted house. I get to hide in the shadows as a cloaked dead person and grab people as they are leaving. I am not very excited about this as I am sure people are going to hit me but nonetheless scaring the crap out of them will be some fun.

11. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I am dressing up as a giant, ohh wait, that’s what I am every day =]

the only pic of me that i have, but that is a badass pic though.
    I am in the background in case you don’t know.

p.s. don’t try that at home, even my TKD instructor got burned pretty good.

12. vslayer Registered Senior Member

setting yourself on fire is fun, me and my friends would break outh the meths and see who could set the most of their body on fire(only for a few seconds), i did my whole head once but my friend topped us all by doing an entire body fireball at the top of the hydroslide then sliding headfirst into the pool

13. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

I'll probably dress up as some norse goddess and carry around my REAL 3 foot war axe. The challenge would be to avoid poking myself with the many different pointy things protruding from it. Who carries around pillow cases?

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Hmm, looking at the lawbooks I notice that it is forbidden to carry around a real sword in public... but it is quite legal to carry a battle ready double headed barbarian axe or a spear, yeehaw, talk about useful laws.
    Anyone need company from a bearded fierce looking barbaric German, lifesized at about 2.03 metres (6.66 foot) with a mean looking axe/spear?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  15. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Holy crap....

A guy I know got kicked out of a crocery store because he had a whole bunch of swords in a bag with him. I think you can carry swords around here, as long as they're not out in the open and ready for action.

I saw very few police people in Germany. I bet you can sneak around with weapons.

16. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Oh, the same applies here, you can carry a sword, as long as it is wrapped and not ready to be drawn (bound with wire to prevent a quick draw and so on...)
    But carrying and axe/spear/morning star/warhammer around openly and battle ready is legal. (also applies to crossbows and bows)

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Mmh, now out of curiosity I looked up what our new weapon restriction law says (was established at the beginning of this year) and I found out that it is absolutely legal to carry a sword with you, sharpened and ready to use (applies to all other weapons that cannot be hidden as normal non weapon devices), without doing something illegal...as I found out, I can also carry a loaded gun without any kind of registration and background check (which is normally needful) as long as the gun design is from 1871 or later...or at least it is possible that it is not illegal...

I do so like laws...

18. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Man, I need one of them! No one would mess with me! What sane person would mess with someone hanging out with a bearded, fierce-looking, barbaric, 6'8", axe-toting German?! I'd be able to give it commands in its native language, too! Can I get one by mail order?

. . .

19. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

If you pay my flight.

20. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

But I have no money . . . I'm poor

Great, now people are gonna beat me up on Halloween night . . .

21. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Why do people beat you up on Helloween?

22. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Oh, there's supposed to be this tradition thing.... A kid comes up to your door on Halloween, says "Trick or treat?" If you don't give him a treat, he'll give you a trick, which, traditionally, comes in a form of a raw egg on your door (or something of the sort). But nobody does that. Some boys throw eggs on the street for fun, spread shaving cream, etc.

23. robtex Registered Senior Member

gf may be a french maid. ....a demon and a french maid.....that is not fitting together well is it?