Half of Americans reluctant to shop online due to privacy and security fears

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Plazma Inferno!, May 16, 2016.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

A study by the Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration found that half of American Internet users are "deterred" from engaging in online transactions because of fears over privacy and security breaches.
    The survey's respondents cited the risk of identity theft as their main source of anxiety, followed by privacy concerns over data collection by online services and the US government.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://boingboing.net/2016/05/15/us-govt-survey-half-of-amer.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm an Aussie and totally agree!
    My Son though does it all the time.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ha!!!... ive done bidness online for years an the worst thats hapened to me is have my name home-address email-address birth-date phone-number credit card number health insurance account number an Social-Security-number stolen.!!!

A few weeks ago my mail box was run over... an after the car was towed an the cops left... the sister of the driver knocked on my door an handed me my mail which the mail man gave to her to give to me... an one of the letters was from Medicare... an of course it included my complete Soc Sec number on the letter... yep... its even hard to stay safe when not doin bidness online.!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.