Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by djkmoney, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djkmoney Registered Senior Member

I just have to say this is the most amazing game EVER!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I knew someone would start a thread. Yep, tis the best game I've played in a long while. I'm at the prison at the moment. Very well made game, very very well made game. This definatly wipes the floor with Halo 2.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Super Mario Bros. was better back in the day.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ghost III Banned Banned

halflife 2 walks over halo2, its reallly cool i have just passed the prison

8. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i have to get it some time, hopefully i can get a copy from one of my friends with broadband

9. Dilbert Registered Senior Member

Thor, you are probably the only one who would dare to say that they are in prison

10. Psycho-Cannon Home grown and Psycho Registered Senior Member

ANyone else finding the AI to be lacking?

I certainly was disapointed to run into an invsable wall within my first hour of play (Taking the Airboat through the Tube by the Wreck with the 2 Missile launching Car type things.
    I got to the ramp you need to use by jumping my boat over the wall using the rubble as a ramp instead of blowing the Red shipping crate open and driving in through that and hit an invsable wall on the ramp!!!! it disapeared when i blew the crate on the other side of the map!!!
    Very dissapointed so far but great physics and Graphics!!!

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Can't be that far behind can I?

Yeah there's a few niggles and the AI is alright but I'm only playing it on easy (to get a feel for the game so my team can start on our mod) but I'm sure the AI is amazing on the most difficult level.

And I love the industrial music that plays when your on the hoverbike. That made my day

12. ProCop Valued Senior Member

I will be getting Half-Life 2 for free (because I have bought 9600 XT card). I do not know when it will be send to me. Do more people here get it like this, please can you report when you get/got it?

13. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

That much better than halo 2? Hmmm. May have to get it.

I have enjoyed halo 2 so far though its not groundbreaking or anything. You guys playing the halo 2 campaign in co-op mode? That is much funner than single player.

14. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Sorry for these stupid questions:
    Are you talking about PC or Xbox? Is Halo2 available on PC? Is half-life available on xbox? can you really compare xbox graphics to pc graphics?

15. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Half Life 2 is PC only at the moment but there are plans to launch and XBox version. Halo2 is XBox only with no official plans for a PC release but we all know that's coming.

And you can compare the two as the XBox is just a PC with gamepads. An outdated PC I might add. It was old before it came out.

16. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

So is it even a fair to compare the two games. I mean you can by 2 xboxs consoles for the price of a graphics card (alone) that can run halflife. Alright maybe I'm exagerating on the cost of graphics cards but you can't compare the cost of hardware required to run the 2 games. Obviously, we'd expect PC games to be better. The fact that console games even come close in quality to PC games puts them ahead IMO. -- (sure we use computers for other things too but we don't need $200+ graphic cards and 1G ram for "other things").

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

There's no such thing as "other things" to a gamer.

w00t, just completed Half Life 2, I is proud. Ending was shite but the game in all is amazing

18. Ghost III Banned Banned

How long did it take you???
    I have played it for about 6-7 hours

My friend just phoned me saying he has a problem installing halflife2 it says

'error 1335. the cabinet file 'hl22.cab' requred for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the cd-rom, or a problem with this package.

a few minutes into installation could anyone help him???

19. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I WANT TO HAVE IT!!!! Damn fuckers in Austria send it on its way yesterday, I hope I get it tomorrow. Can't the post company deliver faster?

Oh, if anyone thinks it is strange that I ordered it in Austria, I can only answer, it is impossible to preorder the German version (and the English version) in Germany itself because it is rated 18+ and no company goes through the hassle of checking all the IDs of those who order the game.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  20. Ghost III Banned Banned

youll get your chance dreamy, any day now.......

21. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Took me....uhm...jesus...about 20 or so hours...I think :bugeye:

What part are you at now, I'll tell you roughly how long you have to go?

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

About time it came out! I'll see about getting it for Xmas/Hanika, my brother owes me for getting him Doom3.

23. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I thik I'm going to get Half-Life 2 for Christmas. I might buy it now and ask for a different game for Christmas. I remeber playing Half-Life a LOGN time ago, I'll have to download it and catch up in the meantime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.