Haiti earthquake

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Syzygys, Jan 13, 2010.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Did too:

On April 18, in response to riots among evacuees and looting, Mayor Schmitz issued and ordered posted a proclamation that "The Federal Troops, the members of the Regular Police Force and all Special Police Officers have been authorized by me to kill any and all persons found engaged in Looting or in the Commission of Any Other Crime." It is estimated that as many as 500 people were shot dead in the city, many of whom, it has been suggested, were not looting at all, but were attempting to save their own possessions from the advancing fire.[25] In addition, accusations of soldiers themselves engaging in looting also surfaced...(wikipeda)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Documentation? I'm sure *some* remote amount of criminal activity took place in that event that took place over one hundred years ago, but do ask Haiti to join us here in the 21st century.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Remote? They had to send in the Army, who did their own looting! Please join us and stop being such a racist. Looters in Haiti are also getting lynched by crowds, but I guess that doesn't fit in with your worldview?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. WillNever Valued Senior Member

No documentation, why am I not surprised? Take a look at the works cited that you just quoted: it says nowhere in its source that the army was sent in as a response to looting. It simply says that they are there *in case* looting takes place. Check your facts.

Racism...?

What racism..? What has any of this to do with race? Take your mock outrage and idiotic accusations elsewhere.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Taylor's letter continued: "At the time of the recent earthquake at San Francisco, and during the days of the conflagration which destroyed the business portions of the city, much looting was carried on, and unnumbered robberies were committed. Among the looters and robbers, the majority of whom it was impossible to identify on account of the chaotic conditions then prevailing, it was observed that soldiers of the U.S. Army in notable numbers were especially active. The fact that these plunderers wore the uniforms of the army of the United States, and bore the regulation arms openly and menacingly, rendered their connection with the Military Department of the Government easy, though their individual identity could not be noted." (source)

(It took me all of two seconds to find your racist comments about the Chinese):
    Chinese people are notoriously unhygenic, gross-looking, and uniformly dark eyed and dark eyed. Statistically speaking, on average Asians have very tiny penises. They also torture animals for taste in their food. China is also officially one of the worst human rights abusers on the planet.[picture] More greasy little chinese. {source}

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  9. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Spidergoat, I asked for documentation. Let's start there. Approximately how many were seen looting? Was this number significant at all? Also, why don't you bring up the looting that took place during Hurricane Katrina as an example of more recent looting in a natural disaster..? What would be the implications of you doing so..?

Can we say, racist apologist..?

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Thanks for reminding me about Katrina:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. WillNever Valued Senior Member

No spidergoat, thank you. You see, looting was rampant in New Orleans, for very similar reasons that it is now rampant in Haiti. That is why *I* brought it up. The two locations have something in common: they are plagued by a shitty, self-destructive culture of violence and a jailhouse mentality which thankfully, most of the USA remains largely unscathed by.

Other nations have started with worse conditions than Haiti... yet they did not remain backward and moronic and weak for two hundred years. The legions of anklebiters out there, which includes yourself, can point to century-old examples (while failing to make an actual point) as much as is needed for you to feel intellectually worthy in this conversation... but the truths I have spoken remained unchanged. Haiti has been a backward shithole ever since they broke free of France. And we're seeing some excellent examples of their collective idiocy right now.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If they weren't violent, they would not have become independent, would they. In any case, I did prove that Americans are no less violent or greedy in times of extreme stress. It's a human trait, not one particular to Haiti. I also proved that you are personally racist, and thus your comments are probably racially motivated.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

What a load of crap, i can rember MANY reports of looting after cyclone Katrina hit and not all of it was food and water either. In fact if i rember correctly there was concern about gun shops being looted at the time as well not to mention TVs, DVDs ect. Will you are nothing but a racist and your arguments dont hold water

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

TVs can be sold, guns can defend your life, anything could help.

15. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Query: are you making accusations of racisms based merely on the fact that the people of Haiti are black? How do you know that I am not black? Or what if the people in Haiti were white and I were saying exactly the same things I am now? When you take a moment to think about those questions, it will reveal that YOU, not me, are the one making racially based judgements about other people.

No you didn't. For one thing, my statements about the Chinese are all true: that country *is* one of the worst human rights abusers in the world and asians do have tinier penises than most everyone else. For another thing, you haven't been familiarized with the content of the thread in which my statements were posted. I was debating with a racially charged asian person who was making disparaging remarks about the USA. I merely thought it prudent to give that person a taste of their own medicine.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

who the hell cares what colour your skin is, your a brit or a yank (cant rember which) and your judging them simply because they are poor and "not worth your time". You then attempt to justifiy this by demonising them as sub human. That is text book racisium

17. WillNever Valued Senior Member

That is irretrievably stupid. If skin color is not part of the debate, then how come racism is? Do try and aim for a little consistency.

Judging someone based on wealth is VERY far from being racism, least of all "text book" racism. Racism is judging someone based on skin color.

However, nowhere did I judge them based on them being poor. You would be hard pressed to find a statement by me berating them for simply being poor. My judgements are based on their violence and self-destruction.

18. WillNever Valued Senior Member

That is bullshit and you know it. You wouldn't need guns to defend yourself, if there weren't already nutcases running wild in the streets.

Back when I was living in New York during 9/11/2001, our city suffered a catastrophe, and everyone pulled together and supported one another. We were under attack by terrorists, who smashed up lower Manhattan. Thousands of people were dead and dying. Nobody knew what was going on, or who was causing it. The police were spread too thin to preserve law and order. The fire department was up to its armpits in burning rubble and dead bodies. We were being ATTACKED, mind you... not just suffering from a natural disaster like an earthquake. For all we knew at the time, those attacks were going to continue.

But we had no riots. We had no looting. We had no rapes or murders. In fact, criminal activity in NYC went down enormously in the days following 9/11. We were all on the same team, that's why. We helped each other to deal with a horrible crisis. That's why New York is the greatest city on this earth: our people kick ass.

None of the earlier analogies have any merit. We are not animals... and we have already proven that to the rest of the world. Now it is time for Haiti to prove the same thing.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well, the NYC attack was highly localized, and the people there aren't poor.

20. Doreen Valued Senior Member

This is a joke of an analogy. Perhaps 100,000 have died in Haiti. People do not have access to the same media for information. The city does not have the same infrastructure before or after. The citizens do not have access to the same amounts of food and other resources. The people do not have anywhere near the access to medical care. Every possible factor is worse in Haiti and that is setting aside the history of the country and the ways in which its rulers have related to the public.

Any asshole like you who calls these people baboons - either too stupid to realize how that kind of comparison has been used or racist - who is so ignorant and self-infatuated to the point that you think 9/11 is a good analogy, I have very little hope for. You should be flattered people have wasted as much time on a lowlife like you as much as they have in this thread. They apparantly hold out some hope for you and your brain. I don't.

21. WillNever Valued Senior Member

And those things have what to do with stealing luxury goods and raping women and assaulting children? By the way, most European countries have far bloodier and more brutal histories than Haiti does. Just look at what took place in Germany only half a century ago and how *their* ruler related to the public. Yet we don't see this kind of behavior from the Germans, in spite of the recency of those events. How fascinating.

Nay, simply irreverent of how that comparison has been used. Learn the difference.

Actually, you should be honored that I'm indulging this obviously-forced mock outrage and race baiting from yourself and the rest of the clowns in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  22. kira Valued Senior Member

23. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Who is the "we" here?