Ha ha, fooled you all! Jenny is Starthane!!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by jennyRater, Mar 28, 2005.

1. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Well, then you exist as a figment of your imagination -- but you still exist.

How can someone say "I do not exist"? If others can read your saying this, then, for them, you do exist.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. plexus Registered Senior Member

It could be a chat bot.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Wait... Jenny's and American? I thought she was Canadian, or possibly Australian. She was really dumb. I pretty much ignored her, everything she posted hurt to look at.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

People couln't give a rat ass either.

8. Roman Banned Banned

Since jennyRater has never added anything of any value to this community, would it be possible to delete her and all 400 of her inane posts?

Just wondering.

9. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

as I siad its an online hermaphrodite.

10. Arditezza Banned Banned

If we deleted all the posts that added nothing to the value of the community at sciforums, we would have all of about... 12% of our current posts.

We specialize in the terminally stupid. And we can't seem to get any of them to shut the hell up.

11. Roman Banned Banned

True enough. I guess I agree with Mills in that allowing everyone to speak is the best and easiest policy. I mean, what are the alternatives? Totaltarianism, or a few steps above that?
    Besides, letting people tell lies only better illuminates the truth.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

You're just bashing Jenny because you now know she was a sock puppet.

13. Arditezza Banned Banned

I don't mind the lies and people who are just wrong.

I mind the useless sots who don't add anything at all. The painfully dumb, socially overcompensating folks with huge post counts and no real content.

14. water the sea Registered Senior Member

The bell curve, my dear. You couldn't be "special" or "different" or "better", if it weren't for all those whom you mind -- "the useless sots who don't add anything at all. The painfully dumb, socially overcompensating folks with huge post counts and no real content."

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Technically she would still be better if the 'sots' wouldn't post here.

16. Arditezza Banned Banned

No. I'm stupid in a lot of ways. I just don't open my mouth and prove it to people all the time. I'm no better or no less than anyone else. I just don't need to bring attention to myself each time I post, thereby pointing out my ineptitude in a painfully public way making myself useless and inane.

My point is that there is a time to talk, and a time to listen. Some people have never caught on to that, and this forum is an extreme example of people who don't know much shouting over the people who know a little and drowning them out.

17. water the sea Registered Senior Member

You've brought this up before. But all you do is complain. What have you DONE about these people who have never caught up with that -- that there is a time to talk, and a time to listen?
    Apparently, they don't learn it themselves.

18. Arditezza Banned Banned

All I can do it complain. And hope they listen. I am not a moderator, nor can I ban those people who can't seem to help themselves. Pity that, really. I will however continue to bring it up in hopes that at least one or two of them listen and post one less post than they were going to today. I could make a list of people, but what purpose would that serve except to cause more clutter and spam. Calling out stupid people is not a good idea in general. You could call them stupid to their face, but then you'd get banned or suspended for it. It's a crying shame because there are people here who can contribute and have good conversations, but the sheer numbers of those who can't are overwhelming. I don't post all that much here, because I know that someone stupid will follow it up with either a dumb off-topic comment, a really ignorant comment, a flame or an army of strawmen. It was that way when I first came a bit, but it's getting so much worse.

People don't learn. So I suppose all the energy I spend trying to get people who should shut up, to shut up is useless. Problem is that there are quite a few people I respect here and would like to have a conversation with. I don't want to have to wade through a septic tank to be able to do it.

19. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Arditezza,

You are a woman. What about some proper female cunning?! Some subversiveness?
    I mean really, one can have a positive effect on other people. It takes some love and guts though.

20. Arditezza Banned Banned

I spend all that type of energy on people who I see face to face.

There are quite a few people here that I have spent the energy on. They know who they are, and they know why.

I simply don't bother with the rest because I am only one person, and you can't really be heard over a screaming mob of a thousand children without a bullhorn or microphone no matter how much love and guts you have. You can still want it to change though.

21. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Then it's odd you should complain -- if you're not willing to do anything for them, and all they get from you is scorn. Not very motivating.

22. Arditezza Banned Banned

Perhaps you misinterpret my wanting them to improve and be contributing members of society as scorn. I have no problem with those who become good members. Perhaps my complaints are just criticisms of their behaviour in a want for them to improve. They didn't listen when I spoke kindly about it, so I have thrown out the pomp and circumstance in favour of honesty albeit without tact.

23. Naomi [oxiglycodextrosium] Registered Senior Member

Now that would look and sound ever so cool in a wedding vow.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It sounds so ... so ... religious!