Ha ha, fooled you all! Jenny is Starthane!!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by jennyRater, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

I cannot believe that no-one seemed to figure out the connection between "jennyRater" and Starthane Xyzth over the last 2 months!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Let's see:

- We always seem to post in the same threads;
    - We reply to each other's messages when no-one else will;
    - We express similar views;
    - When Starthane was temporarily banned, it was only Jenny that made a fuss... DUH! We are the same person!!

That must be testimony to my skill in creating a character with such bad spelling, omnipresent typos and nonexistent punctuation. And in convincing you all that "she" is an American, when in fact I have hardly ever been there.

Perhaps I have a repressed gay side - I don't know. Impersonating a female was just something I've always wanted to try. could have carried on indefinitely, I suppose - but I really am getting tired of it...

Goodbye folks, this has been such fun.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Indeed... as a few others have said, SciForums has taken up a LOT of my time. Especially since I began masquerading as jennyRater

There are, I fear, more productive things I could be doing. So perhaps I'll finish with this transgender revelation. Kudos to you all.

Or I might be back one day, in an entirely new guise perhaps? Depends how boredom and nostalgia may have it!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Arditezza Banned Banned

It couldn't have been that people just simply didn't care...

naw.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Interesting. I think that the reason you pulled it off was:

a.) You don't seem to be one of the types to play such games (just goes to show...)
    b.) You made her seem ignorant and flighty enough that people just basically ignored her. I did anyway. I hope you intended to make her seem ignorant...

Nothing strange about this. Some people's viewpoints jibe and so they find the same topics interesting. However, with only one person in the couple being intelligent, it would seem strange that you should respond seriously to her.

Why should this send off any warning messages? Again. If you find each other's posts interesting why wouldn't you respond when no one else finds them to be so?

Never noticed that. You seem intelligent, she seemed... empty-headed.

It's interesting that even the moderators didn't catch on during your banning. They too must have overlooked the flighty chick.

I suppose what made of made her most believable was her picture. It wasn't too hot, but not too ugly. It was just sorta cute without being anything fancy. Like a real person. Whose picture was that then?

Anyway. So you're planning on leaving? Pity. The astronomy forum will be poorer for your loss.

Yeah. That too. It wasn't like she was controversial or anything. Hardly a blip on the radar.

8. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Hm.

I must say that I have liked both Jenny and Starthane. They both had a lightness and a freshness about them.

No, Invert, I don't agree with you about "You seem intelligent, she seemed... empty-headed." -- in that music thread, she held a very interesting position.

What was most astonishing was the way Jenny marched into the forums. In such a grand and self-assured style! It made quite an impression on me. And somehow, I couldn't quite believe that a girl wearing such make-up (no offence, please) could be so smart. A true "Harward Blonde".

And Starthane was just the kind of person I would have liked for a friend. He showed such delicate discernment so often.

Well, I shall miss you if you go.

9. plexus Registered Senior Member

I liked Starthane, but Jenny made me itch. Wow, you made her really girly and annoying! I only guessed the two of you were dating.

Ghm. By the way, invert_nexus and I are the same person, as he himself has hinted and others have guessed.

10. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Oh, how perplexing that you are invert_nexus, plexus.

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Plexus,

Bullshit.
    I do wonder who you are though. You did admit to being a puppet. But who lies behind the mask, I wonder?

Don't let it fool you. It lies. Puppets are adept in lying.

Anyway. As to JennyRater. Dunno. Seemed like a bubblehead to me. Especially at the start. I suppose there were a few posts that weren't completely inane. But not many that I read. Like I said, I basically started ignoring it after a while. Occasionally tuning in to see what stupid shit it would be saying this time. But, it wasn't outrageously stupid like Philocrazy or John Smith. It just sort of hovered around the edges of anonymity. Which means it was sometimes halfway intelligent, but never enough to make a mark in my awareness.

12. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Thankyou, Water! I never realised you took much notice of me (in either persona!)

We can be friends if you like - do you have MSN?

And cheers to Invert & Plexus for you comments; I'll bear them in mind next time I join a forum...
    That was just a random American girl I found on Faceparty.com. I suppose I took the slight risk that she was already a member of SciForums as well...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  13. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i thin that they are seprate people, trying to fool us now, is it not posibel that tehy are plotting to fool us now, by maknig us "realise" all of teh similarities, they are actually setting us up for a bigger april fools, when in a few weeks they tell us they put it all on and fooled us gullable idiots

14. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

You got me, you play a bitch well.
    Does your anus sport labia by any chance?
    There were a few times I raised an eyebrow, are you australian starthane? There were times jennyrater seemed australian pretending to be american. There's a certain australia-speak that is evident in the posts of australians and jenny rater had it.
    Also, when she was bothered by your absence, I made a note of it as I found it quite peculiar that anyone would notice or care.

All in all well played though really, she seemed dumb in that characteristically female "I don't ever think about anything important" kind of way.

15. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh a virtual hermafrodite.

16. Gambit Star Universal Entity Registered Senior Member

( Music Fades in )

-- " .da da da...the crying game "

lol

17. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

I don’t understand, you have posted 400 posts under a different name and you are calling us sad because we didn't realize it......

Come on you are the saddest in the first place for even thinking about doing it...

18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Rather than start a new thread this seems an appropriate place to confess: I am not any other poster on this forum; I am not even a poster on this forum; Ophiolite does not exist as an entity or a nom-de-plume or an alias or a metaphor. All posts by Ophiolite have been the result of a random concatenation of sub-atomic particles and wave functions coalescing into aparently material expressions of dubious significance. If you have been angered/saddened/dismayed/ informed/amused by any of these pseudo-posts it is not to late to seek professional help.

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

What an odd coincidence that a such "a random concatenation of sub-atomic particles and wave functions coalescing into aparently material expressions of dubious significance" would happen to confess to what it actually is so accurately.
    The chances of that happening have to be over a million billion to one.

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

That's just the way the up-quark crumbles.

21. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Yes, I have MSN. And then we can talk about journals and bad make-up!

22. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Unless you are the only one of this kind of phenomena -- then chances are the rest of us also do not exist as entities or nom-de-plumes or aliases or metaphors. All posts by us have then been the result of random concatenations of sub-atomic particles and wave functions coalescing into apparently material expressions of dubious significance.

Would you really like that to be the case?

If you have been angered/saddened/dismayed/ informed/amused by any of our pseudo-posts it is not to late to seek professional help.

Will you say that all this isn't really happening?

23. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I do not exist. I am merely a figment of my own imagination.