"Guns" and the Second Admendment..

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Godless, Jan 1, 2004.

1. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

The scenario that you describe brings up the question: Would you have felt safer knowing that all handguns were outlawed, hence you would be at the mercy of those that still possessed them, or would you feel safer knowing that you were legally carrying a handgun and could have defended yourself against whomever it was that was shooting at you? I guess that's the real question here, no?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert Title Here)

I ... thought that issue was somewhat neutralized by circumstance; rather, I again refer to the scenario described:
    Now, really ... so one day, while my friend is looking to buy his own handgun, he keeps pushing for me to put money down for this slick, small .357 with a black handle and brushed-metal finish that was designed with no "sharp" edges. Apparently, that's ideal if I wanted to hide the weapon in some baggy jeans and not have part of the structure snag when I pulled it to put a cap in some poor f@cker's ass ... anyway, I digress. Now, let's just say that I was high enough that day to fall for it. First off, oooh, I bought a stylin' gun ... let's be worried enough about that? Secondly, I got a small gun with some wallop. Now, let's just pretend that I have that gun on that occasion. My target is a hundred yards away, downhill, obscured by shadows, and shooting something slightly less than randomly from a stationary automobile. I have no idea who's shooting at me at the point that I would be considering using the gun, and ... what ... as they flee into the night I'm going to run down the hill after them shooting like a Hollywood prettyboy? I doubt it. I can't imagine so, at any rate. I'm unsure what use a handgun would be on such an occasion. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps on such an occasion I should take the shot. Perhaps I should dash down the hill doing my best Fox Mulder ....

Neither can I imagine that anyone not on crack would have expected to actually hit anything of importance unloading a gun over such a distance with such haste.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.