Gundam vs Transformers

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Omega133, Mar 28, 2010.

?

Who would win?

1. Gundam

50.0%
  2. Transformers

50.0%
  1. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Lol, it's gonna be hard to convince everyone that you missed an integral part of the plot pjdude

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Never heard the word hatchlings. heard lots of talk about energon nothing about hatchlings.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Gundams are only the top performance mobile suits, ZAFT, OZ, Earth Alliance, Zeon, ORB, UNION, HRL, AEU, Celestial Being ( Innovators faction ) and every organization I can't think of on the spot have AT LEAST half a million mobile suits each. Abilities + Equipment, that is Gundam pilots. Kira Yamato reprogrammed the Strike's OS within minutes and with no computer training or previous knowledge of the Strike, while scientists of ORB and Earth Alliance tried years to figure it out, the La Cruset team did it at the same speed/faster and they never had previous contact with Gundams or probably any computer training at all. Look at George Glenn the first Coordinator and you know what I mean. Super Soldiers also demonstrated their superiority with Allelujah and Marie ( Noreiga asked Marie to time their attack and evasions and she did it perfectly ), Innovators are on the same level ( or perhaps lower or higher slightly ) then the Super Soldiers. I don't know much about Newtypes, but I do know Amuro Ray jumped in a super difficult-to-pilot Gundam and owned everyone else despite NO MOBILE SUIT training. So basically they can give Coordinators, Enhanced Naturals, Newtypes, and Innovators a few months of training and stick them in a Gundam and they will kick ass.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

To pjdude and pinwheel: A lot of times the most efficient movements and maneuvers are the most beautiful. I've seen a lot of epic combos of real shaoxlin monks. And I'm pretty sure, though I don't have any documentation right now, that a lot of the movements and stances that they use in gundam are based, if only loosley, on real martial arts forms.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and what will they do when the tranformers had already blown up all their mobile suits before a direct conflict?

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yes because so many martial arts involve the firing of misslies willy nilly.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Just use the Meteor and other missile spamming mobile suits. They got the snipers and missile spammers.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Transformers are better. They can be very small and very small creatures can get into areas unnoticed.
    Only time in the whole wide universe where smaller is better.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Remember that Gundam is not just the mobile suits. Also the ships, the super humans, the colonies .ect.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and what is Gundam without people?

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

There are autonomous MS like Mobile Dolls.....Anyways it is the Newtypes, Coordinators, Enhanced Naturals, Innovators and Super Soldiers that makes the Gundams awesome.

15. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I personally don't like the newer gundams - gundam wing was the best IMO. The quality of anime went downhill when everything stopped getting drawn by hand and they could turn out a new season every 2 months. I do find it interesting though that all of the transformers supporters have never seen any gundam, and probably didn't know what gundam was before this thread.

16. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Yeah. It's my favorite of the series. I especially liked Heavyarms, Trowa's Gundam.

17. Pinwheel Banned Banned

:d .

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

My favorite is Gundam OO, it is very well animated and have a good plot.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

It took two years to make the Gundam OO movie, and Gundam OO took a long time to complete. Stop bashing the Cosmic Era, Anno Domini and generally the newer ones, the are awesome. SEED and SEED Destiny get bashed a lot by hardcore Universal Century fans, but it is pretty awesome for the general audience, it is what got me hooked on to Gundam, well anime in general and that was when I started my love for Japanese music. Gundam Unicorn is out : ). I am going to try to convince my fansub group ( Megami-Anime ) to sub that. The quality of the newer ones are better in comparison, even though hand-drawn was pretty sweet.

20. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

No one said gundams were limited to martial arts... good strawman though.

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Have you people EVER watched Gundam? ( To the Transformer supporters )

Their movements help intercept and evade missiles, also can give them a superior position to fire. Macross is a great example of that, Gundams have just as much missiles as Variable Fighters from Macross ( or sometimes even more ). They are not restricted to fight like that, they never do it with the weaker pilots. Maneuverability is also another awesome characteristic of Gundams. Missiles are not everything, they also have a lot of beam weapons of each Gundam ( Freedom is a great example ). Phase-shift, Gundamium, E-Carbon, Gn Particles ( and every other material used to make Gundams ) can't be damaged by simple projectiles.

WATCH SOME GUNDAM THEN TALK! ( Again to the transformer supporters )

22. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I like any and everything when it comes to Mech Warriors. However, Optimus Prime, Devastator, Trypticon, Unicron, Megatron!! It's not contest TF's hands down.

23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Have you ever watched Gundam before? If you have watched SEED/Destiny, Wing, and OO you will know the ownage of Gundams.