Gun control - US vs. rest of the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James R, Oct 1, 2007.

?

See first post for gun control measures. Are you for or against them?

1. I am American and I would support the measures below, in general.

14.5%
  2. I am American and I am against one or more of the measures below.

44.9%
  3. I am NOT American and I would support the measures below, in general.

30.4%
  4. I am NOT American and I am against one or more of the measures below.

7.2%
  5. I have no opinion on this, or do not wish to express my opinion.

2.9%
  1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And you shouldn't. But you should give up your guns to a government official if your guns would be unconstitutional. Otherwise you would be nothing more than a terrorist. An enemy of freedom and democratic values.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't want to talk about this topic anymore ....and I ain't giving up my guns. I've had my say, the "diplomacy" is over, you can go back to your desk and write up the report now.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm sure you personally do not have to give up your gun.

The local militia asked me to pass on a message to you. They are going to overthrow the government on wednesday afternoon and they require you to be there. Bring your guns and wear the appropriate uniform and stipulated in the charter 23b of your local militia regulations.

And don't wear your sneakers like you did last time. BOOTS!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Exactly Baron. Let them piss and moan about guns. All new guns laws do is make criminals out of ordinary people.

Canada has a problem enforceing and punishing CURRENT gun laws. Using a gun in a crime is a felony...BFD - a felony that may not even yield ANY jail time in Canada. Yet people are clammering for more gun laws. My thinking is, oh well tighten the gun laws make me a criminal and who gives a fuck even if I get caught....slap on the wrist, a fine at best. Probably cheaper than registering and paying for every long arm every year.

So basically what I'm sayin' is fill yer fuckin boots people, whatever makes you FEEL safe.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

wow.... a knee jerk.

So you don't want gun control because you like the way your life is now. hardly a proper argument that supports the constitution, be it American or Canadian.

How come everybody is so unwilling to discuss gun control here? gun control doesn't mean less guns. It might even mean you will get a spanking new fully automatic gun and a bazooka instead of the pathetic puny stuff you have now.

Honestly, these kind of posts sincerely suggest that some kind of tight gun control is needed cause clearly the people who own guns seem to be very unstable.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Huh? How in hell did you get that from what he posted?????

What the hell are you drinking or smoking this morning? Read his post again, Spurious, perhaps, just maybe, you'll understand.

Baron Max

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So if someone "seems" unstable to you, then you're permitted to force them to do whatever you say?

Interesting viewpoint.

Baron Max

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No, but I feel the sudden urge to own a gun.

12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Never been a fan of full auto, it's very inaccurate. And already restricted to grandfather clauses in Canada since 69'(Though I do know a certain "grandfather" whom legally owns an FN-FAL, I need to nudge myself in his unofficial will - I will make a special exception for an FN-FAL). Bazooka? Even if by strange occurance of fate I find myself upagainst government tanks, I would be using the trusty 30-06 to kill bambi's mother in the Rockies so I don't risk getting ID'd in the supermarket.

There is an unstable post...mmmkay?

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

How many tanks do you think you can take out by yourself?

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

im against banning automatic weapons.
    personal gun freedom is the second line of defense against a government gone wrong.
    (the first, by the way, is a free and unbiased press)

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no because an educated population will not allow its government to become tyranical.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not really, e.g. LTTE, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, Kashmir, Hamas (vs Israel).

Guns are pretty useless against the government.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Revolutionary War, guns were very effective against a Tyrannical Government.

WWII, fire arms were very effective against tyrannical governments. The lack of firearms and knowledge left the populace of Europe vulnerable to tyrannical governments, the one country that wasn't gobbled up by the Nazi War machine was Switzerland, the land of the Gun, every swinging Richard has one, and knows how to use it, don't you think that that information played a large part in the decision of the German Government, not to try and take Switzerland, they took every other country in Europe, Hitler, didn't they even try to take Switzerland?

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

zero. Did you read my post? I'd hide out and hunt with my rifles.

However, if i'm important enough to send a tank after, I have some friends. I might be able to convince some of my fellow revolutionaries to become Molotov trained.

Finns beat the shit out of Russian tanks in the 39' winter war, using this tactic, I would think you knew that.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

True, so the Muslims of the world turn those guns and weapons on the innocent civilians of their own nation, right? If Muslims kill enough innocent Muslims, then the governments will bow to their demands? Great tactic, huh, Sam?

Baron Max

20. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yeah pretty much.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Tanks ain't worth a damn without infantry for protection.

Baron Max

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well they put the infantry in tanks too nowadays Baron. They are real chicken shit about this stuff, it costs a lot of money to pay a wounded vet.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't see how you can say that, Sam. Guns in the hands of people have pretty much been the reason for most governments of the world to take the power that they now enjoy.

Baron Max