Guess who's coming to dinner.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Badfish, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Badfish Registered Member

Here's one I've thought about for a long time. And the longer I think about it, the harder it gets.

Here's the question (and you can expect to want change your answer a dozen times before you can settle it. Don't answer too hastily).

If you could have dinner, say three hours of private conversation with anyone, anyone in history, who might it be.?

Several pop into my head immediately - my Dad, who I never took the time to talk to while he was alive, Albert Einstein, Hitler, Jesus Christ, the list just gets longer and longer. What about D B Cooper or Jimmy Hoffa? JFK or Ghandi?

Give it some thought and share with me. I'm sure you'll suggest people I never even thought of. (That's what I like about this forum!)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Who's buying dinner?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

Steven Hawking, Nikolai Tesla, JFK, Albert Einstien, Timothy McVeigh, Richard Speck, The Unabomber, Tim Burton, Socrates(translated), and Macguyver.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

My father, Hitler, Teddy Roosevelt, JFK, Einstien, Helen Keller, Madam Currie

8. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

The guy (or guys) who shot JFK.

9. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Einstien, Carl sagan, Mr.Tesla, Plato, Democrates, Hypatia, Pharoh Sneffer(i think thats him), Coral Castle dude, Me in 30 years, Jesus Christ(to find out if there really is a god), Imhotep, An atlantean, and thats about all I can think of right now.

10. Badfish Registered Member

I was thinking of having just one person, but I guess a dinner party would work. I'd just hate to have to split up a short period of time between such important people. Can you imagine telling Jesus Christ "be quiet please, it's not your turn. I'll be with you in a few minutes!"?

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

reads more like a party. I think those are good choices but would want to add a few more, just to make it interesting:

Robin Williams
    Jerry Lewis
    Phyllis Diller

12. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

The dinner party...

Hmmm, I think it would be fun with a girl party so I would invite all my previous reincarnations as Nefertiti, Marie Antoinette and that geisha I canĀ“t remember the name of... and other non incarnation of mine as Madonna, Cicciolina and perhaps Maria Callas too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. machaon Registered Senior Member

Dinner

If I could have a dinner and a talk with anyone alive or dead, I would have to choose Buddha. We could sit in the middle of war-torn Europe around 1912. Me and him. Looking and smiling at each other over a rickety wooden army folding table. I would be grasping a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels and Buddha would be sucking a worm out of a bottle of tequila. Noxious Chlorine gas clouds would be wrapping our feet in soft tufts of wispy death as bombs exploded overhead. Yes, I would know his joy. His pain. His great sense of loss. In the distance I could see those with eyes cast low marching towards the columns of smoke on the horizon.

14. Badfish Registered Member

Wow, very good!