Greetings, I come in peace

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mystech, May 11, 2001.

1. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Hello, mind if I join you? I heard from a freind (who lurks this board) that there were some open minded people here, thought I'd pop in and see what it's all about.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

StayPuft Marshmallow Man

As Ernie Hudson said, in <i>GhostBusters</i>, "Hey, there's always room for jello."

IOTW, there's always room for another mind.

peace,

prag

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Glad you could join us

Always like to hear from another!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Time/02112 Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Welcome!

Welcome to our forum!
    have a looksey, you are more than likely to find "something" of interest here.

---"12"

8. HOWARDSTERN HOWARDSTERN has logged out.... Registered Senior Member

???????you come in peace, hehe

???????you come in peace, hehe!

And you go in pieces!!!!!!!!!

<i> fascinating.............pure energy, non copor....

O'hell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jump in !!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Malaclypse Perturber Registered Senior Member

abderazac

10. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

hi.. welcome

well
    groove in....groove on
    and as you said an "open mind" is one of the more rare
    things in this day and time(when analising the shear volume of data now at hand)

may your journey provide answers; to know questions that may take a thousand life times to comprehend
    and a thousand more to explain to others
    so we may all then start to find the answers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace...love...and missery to all greed merchants.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

# please note "groove in" does not mean bind to a cult or creed!

11. discord5 Registered Senior Member

I had an open mind once but the doctors patched me up right quick

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Was that at the same time

as the slap on the behind?

13. sol_gazer Registered Member

Hello

I'm not entirely certain whether anything I'm doing at the moment is going to pan out or if I'm going to get a bill for thousands of dollars in the post over the next week. I am very new to the web and this site grabbed me. Once I got it to let go I registered and am now looking for other chatters. I have a lot of ideas and need some decent arguments to sort them out. I'll pretty much discuss anything and am dying for a good debate/discussion. Unfortunately I don't get a lot where I live. I'm so green I can't tell if you're chatting now or what. Hopefully I'll get sorted and go from there.

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Chat vs boards

Unfortunately, this is a forum board. Meaning that the message is posted and responces come in later as and if another feels it is of interest. Your post may be here an hour, minute, or never have an answer.(though mostly all posts get answered). In chat your are online with others at the moment, so to say. Only with chat it's very hard to stay on the subject as the other folks will ask and comment on everything under the sun.
    The message board to me is much prefered. You make your post, go on and come back ater to see an answer. Kinda like e-mail, it's there waiting on you when you pick it up.
    And why would you recieve a bill? Porfiry totes the load on this one. He pays to finance this site that you might enjoy what he has wrought. And a good rendering he has made.

15. Sethmac Registered Member

Welcome

Welcome, I am new here as well ...

16. sol_gazer Registered Member

Cheers!

Aha!
    Thanks for the rapid replies. It's a strange thing to post a message and then get a reply. Is this a usual response from the very new? I would love to start babbling incoherently about everything and have attempted to start a new thread. I'm just looking for it now. No success yet. If anyone spots it before I do give us a yell.

"I'll be back."

17. discord5 Registered Senior Member

WET1
    adding to what you said i prefer forums as well because it gives more time for things to be thought out than in a chat.

sol_gazer
    please do, start another thread ...... blow our minds and shatter our illusions !! oh yeah i'm pretty new myself.

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Newbees

It is my firm belief that those who act responsibly should indeed be welcomed, even cheered! As new blood brings new ideas and new challenges. No not everyone is so welcomed. But you choose a relevant posting which everyone loves to see happen. One of the terrors for the administrator is to deal with bad posts and posts scattered all over the place.

As you can see from the postings that have occurred under this thread quite a few have known that feeling of being new. In fact everyone has at some point. The last thing to do is let that poor soul who could make valuable contributions slip away either through frighting him off or through disinterest.

I agree with discord5 that the message board is much preferred to the chat. You have time to collect your thoughts, research your topic, say what you what to say, and even dress it up before presenting it to the world. …and make no mistake you are indeed presenting it to the world

I think I’ve said about all I need say on the subject other than to say,”Welcome!”

19. Neg. Electron Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Aha!
    Thanks for the rapid replies. It's a strange thing to post a message and then get a reply. Is this a usual response from the very new? I would love to start babbling incoherently about everything and have attempted to start a new thread. I'm just looking for it now. No success yet. If anyone spots it before I do give us a yell.

20. Neg. Electron Senior Member Registered Senior Member

That Backslash777 user. You have to look him/her up and read the things written. Right up all your allys. (ps. Love the name abbriviation \777) is not neceserraly an alien or person. He said in another group that by 2006 70% of internet users will have online penpals and 40% of them will not know which are the real people.
    I reackon he is a program created by the sites creators like that Eliza chat bot or something. He posted a lengthy scientific reply to a physics web site in under 2 minutes once. Check out the time stamps. Another thing, he gave me an in depth IT discussion to me through personal messaging. Does anyone else provate chat him?
    By the way, that text to speech he does has to be real people- at least 3. I have never heard anything like it b4. If there was something that good Hawkins would have it on his wheelchair.
    Adios Amigos