Greatest I Am's anti-religion thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Greatest I am, May 3, 2017.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way of life?

Is our love of God and War connected due to being the epitomes of our love of drama?

People tend to do what is rewarding to them. We are a pleasure seeking species. War, as the epitome of drama, is a condition that humankind is forced to suffer because our instincts force us to seek the fittest. To us, that is either a god or a king; or whatever word or name you give to your epitome of whatever type.

Men controlled, by their two main passions, love and war and love of God as an ideal, have used war to seek a male God from the moment men set matriarchy aside 5,000 year ago.

We naturally seek the fittest and to us, that means we are driven to war.

We men are responsible for 5,000 years of advancing God with war.

Granted, we have used war with some skill and advanced society and its wealth, but we have yet to reach the ideals that matriarchy and Goddess rule reached. Not by a long shot. Wealth, when produced by war, is basically gained forcing the citizens to suffer. We lose both income and positive lifestyle, as well as; the more important, human lives.

Men get a fail mark in finding God and cannot do better from what women did before them. I think all real men of honor and duty would confess this reality.

A Gnostic Christian first recognized and coined the saying,” that for men to continue to do the same thing, while expecting a different result, is a sign of insanity”.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The all mighty does not require war logically.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wellwisher Banned Banned

The purpose of war is allow change to occur. Often people often assume if it is not broken, do not try to fix it. War breaks things, so these same things now have to be fixed. Broken can be relative, like the country of North Korea. It is fine if you are one of the few elite. It may take war to break the subjective state of all is well so a better state can appear.

Change can also occur by invading other territories and collecting new resources and skills from others lands. The settling of the Americas led to the Indians wars as the settlers attempted to gather resources and land. The Revolutionary war was needed to overcome a status quo that was repression to progressive change. War can also be the obsolete attempting to prevent change, like the Democrats against Trump.

Some of the best improvements in technology occur due to preparing and defending against war. Making better swords resulted in new metals like bronze and iron which there will be peacetime applications; plowshares. The global GPS system was set up during the Gulf War and is now a way to navigate an automobile without map skills. War is also a form of natural selection, where to the victor goes the spoils and breeding rights, at least during the victory party.

War is hell but it was sanctioned by the gods because it also had progressive value for the immortal soul, in the sense it helps to shape the future with the lessons learned, the new technology created and constant need to rebuild, even better.

War was typically a male thing. It has somethings to do with male instincts. My guess it is connected to mating rituals. This explains the romantic nature of war to the young male. The male deer fight for breeding rights; the spoils of war. The Muslim terrorists are promised a small herd of virgins in the afterlife. Male desire is also the drive behind innovation.

Roman mythology. Bellona, goddess of war. Honos, god of chivalry, honor, and military justice. Mars, god of war and agriculture, equivalent to the Greek god Ares. Minerva, goddess of wisdom and war, equivalent to the Greek goddess Athena.

It is interesting that Mars was the god of war and agriculture; swords into plowshare; innovation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Humans INVENT gods to fit what they need and their ideas of how to obtain it

And to my 3 neurone brain it seems so very strange that the supposed almighty gods live in a heaven which mirrors the conflicts found on Earth

Satan kicked out by the CEG (Chief Executive God) because he wanted the job

Presumably Satan had read all the heaven manuals and knew what was expected of the business
    • Stay out of sight
    • Ignore prayers
    • If you make a human
    • Make sure you make two versions (one acts as a template the other like a 3D printer)
    • Make the 3D printer (the one with bumps on chest) want to know everything and eat the fruit of knowledge
    • If you get pissed off with humanity
    • Get someone to build a Ark to save a couple of everything
    • Flush the rest away with a flood
    • The Universe itself is self sustaining with some old bloke called Physics and not even god almighty messes with Physics (see footnote Don't try to perform Miracles)
    Perhaps Satan had some new ideas like installing Central Heating and god would have none of it

It was reportedly overheard behind the closed doors words like

Democracy my backside. I made this Universe from a singularity and I don't care how many of those wing flapping halo wearing walking on sunshine angeles think you could do better

GO TO HELL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  8. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Logically, there is no all mighty and if there is one, we have no way to know what God requires.

Regards
    DL

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It would be nice if we did not have so many swords to turn into plowshares.

You seem to promote war more than peace but the examples we have from most tribes is to trade instead of fight.

Regards
    DL

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

True. And the obtaining is done with violence instead od persuasion to a better ideology.

Which indicates that the religions do not have a worthy ideology.

Regards
    DL

11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You're a god and you're really bad at persuasion, so you tell us.

exchemist likes this.
  12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I do not accept your premise without you showing what created it.

Stone throwers like you are a dime a dozen so take your lies elsewhere.

Regards
    DL

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I back up sideshowbob observations you are bad at persuasion

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I back you up

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Given that you have answered your own premise:

I can see no reason for this to remain in Religion (it is obvious you don't wish to discuss any actual religious tenants or texts here)... So *punt*

16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

The premise that you are a god comes from you. Haven't you made that claim?

The premise that you are bad at persuasion comes from the fact that practically nobody ever agrees with you.

Michael 345 likes this.
  17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure which god I disagree with most

The fictitious ones

or the one who post here

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

If clergy were honest, would religions die?

I do not think so. Based on the fact, some clergy are maintaining religions based on telling the truth and have stopped lying to their adherents. Knowing this, I wonder why the clergy of all supernaturally based religions continue to lie to their adherents.

In the more honest distant past, those who sought God; did so at a more intellectual level than most do today. The ancients admitted that nothing concrete could be known about God. God was said to be unknowable, unfathomable and worked in mysterious ways and that no attributes could be applied to God.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Today, the idol worshiping religions, like Christianity and Islam, have given what they still claim is an unknowable, unfathomable and mysterious God, with kinds of attributes; which of course are human attributes taken to the maximum of the impossible and delusional supernatural.

Some religions seem to be returning to the more intelligent thinking of the ancients.

Would the idol worshiping religions like Christianity and Islam, be well served if their clergy returned to telling the truth of what they can know of God, or are the clergy serving their religions better by continuing to lie to their adherents?

Regards
    DL

P.S.
    What is said here about politicians and business is a good analogy to what I think religions do.

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I thank that most of the honest clergy preech from street corners an hear voices in ther head... but im one of the sane honest religions an we thrive... an i thank the world as a whole woud be beter off if superstition wasnt promoted.!!!

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

For sure.

"sane honest religions"

Which one?

Regards
    DL

21. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

The one im most sure of is mine... "New-Age Christan Atheist"... which meets the standards of sane... honest an most moral of all.!!!

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That sounds surprisingly close to this.

Regards
    DL

23. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes shes good (prolly read some of my stuff in forums)... sanity is so refreshin an yet its still an up-hill battle even in these modern times.!!!

Not surprizin that some who have power to silence such speech use "rules" as justification when they also have deeply-rooted superstition at the core of ther beleifs... lol... sad... <snickers>!!!