Greatest I Am's anti-religion thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Greatest I am, May 3, 2017.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

What sin?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

So, you simply ignore responses then.

Since you're preaching, and not discussing, you should start a blog instead of a thread on a discussion forum.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

So much for free will.

So you deny that last quote of the O.P. Right?

Now you add to scriptures and scriptures forbid that.

You just put above that God created you as a sinner in the womb.

If you are a leaky pot who knows God does not like leaky pots, why would you not ask God why he made you with a leaky hole?

And you think that those little sins are worthy of a sentence of death after a suitable eon or two in hell.

You say you have judged but your judgements are obviously not sound so God is punishing you for not being intelligent enough to judge that a genocidal son murdering God is not worthy of you.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Only the unworthy garbage ones.

Regards
    DL

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That pretty much proves that I've shot your premise down. Your best response is to refuse to respond and simply name call.

Repeat after me:

"Nuh-uh!"

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/beliefs/originalsin_1.shtml
    I find it difficult to believe you are actually unaware of this if you have read any version of a bible from virtually any Catholic or Christian branch...

In other words, you are here purely to preach and proselytize... or perhaps trolling. Both are rules violations you have been warned about repeatedly in the past... so what is it then? Are you going to partake in honest and rational discussion, or just continue to blather?

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

How do you interpret that to mean "so much for free will" - we are free to make our own choices and mistakes, we are not programmed or forced to do one specific thing. That is, by definition, free will...

I actually deny that you know the slightest thing about Religion at all, so in a way I guess yes, I do.

Please quote where I added anything to scripture - I merely pointed out your misunderstanding that stemmed from your cherry picking of quotes.

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance.

No, I would strive to better myself on whatever path He set for me.

Again, you demonstrate your great ignorance...

*laughs hysterically* You know for a fact that God is punishing me, hm? Interesting...

I've come to a conclusion, based on what you have said -

at absolute best, you are a pale attempt at the Anti-Christ.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm talking about the existence of a belief, not the existence of miracles.

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Any stranger than a god?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Going back to a video I saw during my nurse training from the Moody Institute

The one unforgivable sin is rejection of the offer of salvation

If you reject salvation it is not going to be forced on you

The ultimate expression of free will

In the video it was likened to someone on the way to the electric chair and refusing a pardon

Not sure if god condemens people who in effect condemn themselves

14. birch Valued Senior Member

lmao. oh, i think he probably does. the thing is when perfection or better happens it's superseding on it's own or learning beyond god's design. this is mitigated by the war of good and evil where good is called evil and evil is called good, where right is called wrong and wrong is called right, where inferior is called superior and superior is called inferior. his leaky pots will try to attack/rob or mimic which is not a leaky pot.

that's one out of many possible analogies or directions but a kind of sinister analogy that god has an ego but is inferior/corrupt in his design and questioning that is not welcomed.

15. birch Valued Senior Member

salvation is a free pass card. it has no other purpose. in essence, if there is no merit to enter heaven but just belief, then heaven will be ruined by the sinfulness just as here.

this is why you have religionists who even gratuituously and wantonly do evil and abuse the fact they are 'saved' anyways.

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

No

Evil

I piled heaps of Cowpat on EVERYBODY

I'll go with that

If I'm going down I'm taking everybody with me

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Not sure you followed what I said which came from the Moody video

The person who rejects salvation are NOT saved

Free will

They go to hell by their own rejection of salvation

Of course this is all only academic discussion since none of the characters exist

But it is such discussions which keep electrical impulses flowing through my 3 neurone brain and stimulate the chemical reactions with the pleasant effect of the heart beating

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

On the plus side, this discussion has quite effectively pointed out those who talk big about religion without ever having picked up The Book

19. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

My bold.
    Are you saying it just comes down to your own interpretations of Bible text?

Who decides what is right or wrong in your thinking, You? Or, do you just decide to go along with some other person's interpretation because it fits in with your other interpretations of things?

That may be one interpretation.

Can you give an example of something where your thinking was wrong and so led you to this '' Self-chastisement''? What do you tell your self then?

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Let me add to the question.

If there is only one begotten son, who are the sons of God spoken of in the O.T.?

Who mothered them?

Regards
    DL

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

There's quite a bit of discussion about Jesus' siblings.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_of_Jesus#Jesus.27_brothers_and_sisters

The Bible (whether Old, New or both) is notorious for having contradictory entries, so it's not really surprising that it's a source of much interpretation.

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Indeed.

One wonders how it has lasted this long as a viable book to discuss.

Regards
    DL

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

To quote a rather powerful statement:

It has lasted because, despite everything you and your type have done, it has persisted, it has outlasted, and it has withstood the tests of time.

*shakes head* Ah, I don't expect you to understand GIA... after all, you have no want or wish to actually understand how this all works. You only want to capture it and use it to your own ends... hardly an innovative or unique goal, mind you, but one that you will ultimately fail at.

Blessed be...