Greatest I Am's anti-religion thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Greatest I am, May 3, 2017.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

No, religion is about belief. It's what sort of mythology you believe in.

Don't believe me? Compare the ethics of Bono, Scott Roeder, Albert Schweitzer, Anders Breivik and Pope Francis. What do they have in common in terms of ethics? Nothing. What do they have in terms of belief? They are all Christians.

If someone judges them to be all the same because they are Christian, they are no better than someone who judges all blacks to be the same because of their skin color.
    "Hey, whatever he believes that's OK, as long as it doesn't get in the way of work." - (Muslim co-worker when asked by his boss if he could work with a pretty vocal right-wing Christian guy.)
    ???
    Uh - surely you have read the dozens of threads here about the unethical aspects of several texts? Where is that "silenced?"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. birch Valued Senior Member

that seems to be true because i never could really figure out what the motivation for an obsessive belief in god was about when it came to my so-called caregivers. in germany, that woman would pray early in the morning too and singing hymns waking up people above or below us in military housing. she also would hang a tapestry of the lord's supper and hang a crucifix of her husband's dead uncle's casket above my bed. they were just fixatedly religious to a disturbing degree but the rituals weren't as bad as the fact they had no respect for ethics at all which is what confused me the most. there was always a contradiction in their outward persona in public and church versus their version of god and who they were away from it BUT what did unify them with other christians seemed to be something in common as no one could tell or noticed anything wrong and that i know is because most of them were also uncaring or were in it for the social aspect or rituals of society. only one woman sunday school teacher in all the years i was forced to deal with church sensed something was not right with the picture, that's because she actually cared, not about a club/member mentality. all i could figure was they saw god as some medium of power to draw from. anything they could use or take advantage of to implement their plan even if it was obscene or immoral.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.