Greatest I Am's anti-religion thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Greatest I am, May 3, 2017.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The big one that comes to mind "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" was retracted as a fake:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2015/january/boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-retraction.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I would say that if you, GIA, were honest, your particular brand of religious ideology would, indeed, die... so in a way, you are correct.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Oh god who I do not believe in please if by any chance you do exist give me the strength to carry on

Provide me with a smartphone with

which I can use crayons to scribble down

explainations in a simplified way

After that you can go back to running the

Universe

8. river

Think what you like , of course .

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Indeed - however, can you provide even one example that has been proven true?

10. river

The book by Micheal Newton , Journey of Souls .

Nothing fake about the experiences told in this book .

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

How do you wish to substantiate that claim? What was done to prove what he said was genuine, and that he wasn't making it up? EEG perhaps?

12. river

Because as you go through the book , you understand that experiences matter .

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

There you go

Read the book and prove it yourself

Could not be easier

14. river

Actually it could not be more difficult .

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

If you are reading a book of Woo Woo I

guess it would be impossible to convince

yourself of the veracity of the contents

16. river

Actually it is the veracity of the contents that make it difficult to argue against .

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Do tell the methods of the verification process

How many were verified

What was the WOW moment which

tipped the content from

Woo Woo

to

this is the real thing?

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

We seem to agree on my point that you think only competition and creating victim is the way to rise in rank.

I do not agree as I see those who cooperate rise within their groups as cooperation makes friends and not foes and in groups, the majority usually rule.

I do see where you are coming from as in group competition of ideas does happen, but majority consensus is what is used by the group to bring the losers in line and not necessarily the work of the winner.

Regards
    DL

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

What truth if told within my religion do you see harming my ideology?

What part have I lied about that I could repent for and then speak the truth?

Regards
    DL

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Circular reasoning - a common logical fallacy.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Let me list a couple real quick:

1) That your ideology is somehow "uncorrupted" and that all others are.
    even though you make the exact same claim as the "intolerant religions" you claim to hate - that "your way" is the "only good way".
    2) Your claim that you are equal or even above Jesus Christ:
    2.5) Your claim that most of mankind is "above God":
    This is especially foolish, given that history has shown time and again that far too many men would prefer to kill, steal, pillage, or otherwise TAKE from others, rather than being compassionate, unless there is something compelling them to be compassionate (such as rules, be they from religion, government, or society in general). This is evidenced in our ultra-capitalistic society today - we are going to throw MILLIONS off of their health care, and leave untold thousands to die of treatable disease, hunger, and exposure, in the name of giving the wealthiest among us even more wealth. This isn't the work of one or two people... this is the work of dozens in Congress and the hundreds of thousands to millions that elected them.

Also, Christian Scripture does not, in fact, say God will "kill all in hell" - it ACTUALLY says, repeatedly, that we have to do quite little to be with God in heaven:
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
    Romans 10:9 - Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

There are many, many more references to this.

3) Your claim that you are in a position to tell an Almighty God what is "right and wrong" based on your mortal morality:
    4) When you cannot defend your (admittedly untenable) position, you resort to disengaging from the conversation, claiming the one besting you is "wasting your time":
    5) You attempt to blame a particular religion for something that is not an issue of religion, but rather a symptom of mankind and man's lust/greed/arrogance overall.

I could go on, but I think the point is plain for all to see. GIA - you are not of "superior morality" nor "superior intellect"... you are mortal, you are just as guilty of arrogance, ignorance, anger, and the like as the rest of us.

The biggest difference between you and I is simple - I admit and recognize my faults and shortcomings. You proclaim yourself to be "above" such things. Your hubris is your downfall.

Yazata likes this.
  22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I do not recall saying "all" unless I was speaking of the supernaturally based ideologies. If I did, let me show a few exceptions. Buddhism as some of their branches do not believe in a God and do not name one, Karaite Jews who put man above God and my own Gnostic Christianity that follows that same reasoning.

Gnostic Christians do tolerate all other religion. We are esoteric ecumenists and try to learn from them, and when we learn something that has corrupted thinking, we are duty bound to speak against them because to allow that evil to grow, all we need do is let it ride unopposed. I do not think I ever said our way was the only way. Get the quote though so I can make sure.

I do not think I said above so again, get the quote so that I can see it.

That aside, are these not saying that we can indeed be brethren and equal to Jesus?

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
    John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The supernatural Gods, for sure, but not the God Jesus speaks of in those quotes just above.

We are all above the supernatural Gods because they are fiction and we are not.

We can do things that can be seen and attributed to us while nothing can be genuinely attributed to the fictional Gods.

I recognize the callousness of American's on this issue but that is just local while I see the rest of the world doing a lot better than the U.S. Proof is that the rest of us are contributing nicely to medical and social systems that look to the poor, to the point of soon having rid mankind of the type of poverty that the U.S. would impose on it poorest and weakest. Have a look.

https://www.economist.com/news/lead...out-extreme-poverty-20-years-world-should-aim

Sigh. If you only have one son, would you step up to die or would you send your child?

I will assume that you would do the right thing and not what God did.

Further, scriptures say that many are called and few hear and are on the wide road to hell, and then the lake of fire.

That is God killing the many and just having a few end in heaven.

That ideology is what this bishop says will kill Christianity and the sooner the better in my view.

In Gen 3, God says we gained the same moral sense that he has. They have become as Gods in the knowing of good and evil.

That is what allows us to judge God by doing what scriptures urge us to do.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

You, I hope, tested the notion that your God would be a prick for sending his son to die instead of stepping up himself. If of course you chose the moral decision above. I will be interested is seeing if your morals are better than the God who did not have the balls to die to fill his own requirements and had his only son murdered.

Let me test your morality again. Would you condemn a God for using genocide and killing when he could cure?
    Would you condemn a man for doing that?
    Or would you give God a pass while condemning a man for the same offence?

As for your "That's not how this works... or are you claiming I have some right/ability/standing to tell God that He is wrong? That I don't need saving?

Tell us all what you did that was so sinful that you deserved to be condemned to hell and death, remembering of course that your scriptures say that justice is close to an eye fore an eye, or better said, that the penalty must suit the crime.

Tell us my friend, why did God produce such vile creatures?

Please do not use your foolish free will card. But if that is all the answer that comes to you, read on.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Oh my how low you put those who Jesus said are the light of the world.

You show you are a dim bulb and do not like those who shine brighter than you.

like your God, you are a jealous God.

Let us see if you are a moral one at least when you answer my questions above, if you answer that is.

Regards
    DL

23. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Majority? Friends? In a church hierarchy?
    I do not know what planet you live on.