Great Explanation of Global Flood Model

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

For instance, just suppose that tomorrow a sentient extraterrestrial civilization makes its presence known to mankind. This new race demonstrates to us that life on our planet is millions of years old, via visual recordings taken at the time. How would you fit that into your belief system? How would you cope?

Or then again, perhaps something a little less fantastical. What if when the oceans of Europa are explored, microscopic extraterrestrial life is found? How would that fit into your beliefs of a Young Earth? I’m pretty sure the bible doesn’t advocate panspermia or exogenesis.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Extraterrestrial "evidence" is found all the time (remember the Mars hype?), never pans out, but to answer your question, the Bible does not rule out ET's, so no problem there, and I think ET's, UFO's, are fooling people because they start and stop on a dime, high speeds, so they are not physical entities.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Mars was different that was down to interpretation. I'm asking about a bona fide race of people able to commmunicate our past to us. I'm sure the bible doesn't rule E.T's out but it would make the claim for a literal interpretation of the bible (i.e. Earth = a few thousand years old) defunct. Once again how would you cope on a personal and religious level?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I'd ask them if they'd heard about Jesus.

8. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

And what response would you expect?

9. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

"Jesus? That drunk?!"

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I would expect they would know of Him, afterall, He would have created them, so like Adam, they would know from Whom they came.

11. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

But your literal interpretation of the genisis account in the bible would remain incorrect. So, I guess what I'm asking is. How integral to your religious beliefs is such an interpretation?

12. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

As I've said several times before, I was born-again in a conditon of Darwinian/Lyellian indoctrination, so my salvation has really nothing to do with my interest in Genesis history, I just love it.

13. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

But you are such an ardent advocate of Genesis history, how would you react if all that was taken away from you?

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

As I said, it wouldn't take away my salvation, so no big woop.

15. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Good for you. So you would admit that your predilection for the Genesis account is based upon faith?

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Why would I "admit" that?

17. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Sorry perhaps you misunderstand: You would admit it if the scenario given above were to occur?

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Why should that scenario induce me to do so?

19. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Because the alien race would present you with incontrovertible proof of the earth being millions of years old.

20. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Space aliens are notorious liars, but if their data wasn't doctored up, I could go with the flow.

21. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

How? On the one hand you are saying the bible is the absolute word of God period. On the other you would have absolute evidence that the bible is incorrect. How would you reconcile the two?

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Like I said, I became born-again while under Darwinian/Lyellian indoctrination, and millions of born-again Christians believe the Earth is old, as I did, so no big woop.

23. Benauld Does your dog bite? Registered Senior Member

Well, it's time for me to go again. Later...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.