Great Dane is 7ft long, weighs 270 Lbs. and is the world's biggest dog

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

He is truly beautiful, as are the dalmatian puppies.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

So, help me out with this... I am foreign.

I can use a um... simile to refer to someone as a, lets say poo flinging chimpanzee, indirectly, and that should not be taken as a direct insult? In order to achieve that, I should use words like "as" or "like?

Can you give me an example using "banning for personal offense" and "hypocritical asshole"?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

While we are on a thread where the topic is dogs, check out this bruiser! Do you suppose he's taking a supplement? Wonder what the workout entails.....Yikes!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I've seen that dog before. He has a genetic disorder that essentially causes him to grow "double" muscles. He doesn't go "woof" he goes "how much 'cha bench?"

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Looks worried.
    Does he live in Korea?

9. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

George is always sitting on sofas.
    What's the dog version of a couch Potato?

10. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

It probably can't stand for more than 2 minutes because dog breeders have no fucking heart, or pity, they just need to keep making them bigger.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Possibly, yes.
    I didn't think of that.

The chances of such dogs living a healthy life would be better if the Pedigree Breed Societies would allow breeders to re-breed dogs from crosses without health problems.
    It would only take a few generations for them to breed true, and be indistinguishable from the original breed.
    Unfortunately, and cruelly for the animals concerned, they have some kind of racist dog ideology thing going on.

These are the last four giant dogs.

Shamgret Danzas
    Shamgret Danzas was once the tallest dog on record. This Great Dane weighed 238 pounds and stood 41.5 inches tall at the shoulder.

Gibson
    Although Gibson died of bone cancer, he had a long run as the tallest dog in the world. He was certified by the Guinness Book of World Records in 2004. He stood 42.2 inches tall at the shoulder and weighed 170 pounds.

Titan
    Titan held the record for the tallest dog in 2009 until George took the title away from him. Titan weighed 190 pounds and stood 42.25 inches from floor to shoulder. He was blind, deaf and had multiple health problems.

Giant George, Currently the World's Tallest Dog Ever
    Currently, the record holder for the world's tallest dog ever is Giant George, another Great Dane. The Guinness Book of World Records sent an examiner in early 2010 to check the measurements of this dog. The examiner found that George was seven feet and three inches long from his head to the tip of his tail, and he weighs a whopping 245 pounds. George is 43 inches tall at the shoulder. This was verified by an official of Guinness World Records.

http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Worlds_Tallest_Dog_Ever

12. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

The original photo is not photoshopped, oh no!...BTW g'day and fuck ya's all, I've been away by choice cos this place is certainly not a place of science and scholarship, etc.
    The original photo is just short of hanadeka, it's wide angled to the max, just short of where the average Joe can recognise that the guy's leg is twice as long as his torso or that his feet are twice as long as his head or the dog's head is three feet loser to camera but makes his owner's head look twenty feet away.

Fraggle's reaction to Kremmen is completely extraordinary. Fark, these guys should know each other's M.O inside out but someone had their usual attack of idiocy savance (you know what I mean,....well Kremmen and Gustav do anyway).

Fraggle can drive anyone to distraction, his ability to appear like a genius (back in ya cage Gustav) whilst not realising his arse is on fire despite the smell of burning blubber, the intense pain and the presence of the fire brigade who have their fucking huge hoses trained squarely at his flaming quoit is beyond 'eccentric professorial type with green corduroy dacks and extremely aged purple jumper with leather patches at the elbows' and well into serious lifelong Aspergers sufferer who's just taken the plunge down the slippery slope of ...well, the slippery slope.

@Kremmen, I'm dismayed, I saw dog, couch and potato and figured there was a smokin' pun in there somewhere but I've given it a full 8 minutes and I'm stumped. Chaise longue haired collie just doesn't cut it...help me!

13. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Oh, and by the way, Gustav, Varda has become all Americanised, she lost a wee bit of that jungly allure, sure she has the world's most magic tits but that arse which I used to play percussive rhythms on (I called it the macadamia macarena) has softened to the point of no return.

14. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

What do you call the offspring of an Irish Setter and a Bichon Frise?

Fries settee.....there ya go.

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Rubbish. Think some more.

Ok I've got one.
    Not the best, I'm sure, but passable.

Q What do you call a dog that's a couch potato?

A. A Taily addict.

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Yes, I hope Fraggle can see the funny side of this.
    He's a valuable and unreplaceable member, despite sometimes being a.................
    sorry, I mean sometimes acting like a total idiot.

You know you love him really Gustav.
    Where could you find someone new you wind up so easily?

Re the photo.
    Yes, the dog is both a living breathing dog (last time anyone looked), and he is also Photoshopped.

Otherwise, that guy has entries in The Guiness book of Records both for World's largest Dog, and Worlds biggest feet.
    How likely is that? (I'd have pushed my crotch into the foreground too)

They have magnified the foreground, but leave straight lines straight.
    As a photographer, perhaps you can tell us how they do the distortion without making curved planes.
    Is it advanced lenses, or some Photoshop magic?

Spud. Genuine opinion. Is this the best thread ever?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

An Irish Bitch with a Netto Freezer?
    (UK Supermarket Netto have just been taken over by Aldi I think)

A Bitter Caesar with a Fiery Itch? Ferk. Cleopatra you could have said.
    (I think that's about the best I can do.)

A mongrel?
    (Probably healthier and with a longer life expectation as a result.)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  18. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Do you think that I'm anthropomorphising this dog, or does he look distressed to you? This photo makes me concerned.
    That creature looks very very unhappy.

19. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Kremmen, I can't explain the wide angle thing with the photo.
    It is probably curving some lines but it's not that obvious, not without comparing it with a slightly longer focal length lens image.

No, not the best thread (you've developed a short memory, somewhat Fragglesquely) although it has some mild appeal.

The hercules mutt does look a bit harried, I believe it's the lovechild of Arnie and Susan Sarandon. You'd be harried too.

My dog sits in front of the telly all day....I call him the idiot boxer.

20. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Idiot Boxer.
    Very good.
    My Rubbish! insult was a spur to greater thought.

Maybe every thread is the best when it is in full flight.

Perhaps not the best thread, but it has had some high points.
    Particularly Gustav's post using the "like" excuse for insults.
    That was a gem.

21. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

Getting back to the matter of banning Kremmen for either insulting another member (and not employing the acceptable mode of insult: the simile) or accusing a member of malfeasance (in this case, willful deception), what about Cosmic?

The following post can be interpreted in (at least) three manners:

1. Cosmic is attempting to deceive Fraggle here, as he quotes the entirety of Fraggle's post:

which would suggest that he had in fact read it, but he makes no attempt to clear up the matter of mistaken identities and thereby furthers the deception--a bannable offense, yes?

2. Or, although he quotes Fraggle in entirety, he makes no effort to, uh, comprehend what Fraggle had written, which suggest flagrant disrespect--is that a bannable offense?

3. Or, he is simply functionally illiterate--probably not a bannable offense, but it sure as hell ought to be.

Just tryin' to understand all these rules and shit.

22. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

It's O.K, I took it with a big grain of salt (as I reported you) Captain Kretten.

Just on the topic of stupid dogs. What's sillier ? A labradork or the dalmation with a spot on his arse? (BTW, there was a neighbour with two dumb as dogshit dalmations which I used to all 'Freckle' and 'date').

/ nnngggg!

p.s Do you suppose Fraggle is keeping up with all this?

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

@parmalee
    Bad punctuation. That's what he should be banned for.

@Spud.
    No. And I don't know what the hell you are on about either.