Gravity

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by timojin, Jul 21, 2016.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

How differently act centripetal force from gravity?
    In a spin motion at different distances there is a different force act on the body at different orbits .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

They are very, very different: rotations have an axis, so you and another observer only feel the same force if you are on the same traced circle, whereas gravity is the same on an entire sphere.

And, of course, you have to be moving to feel the force...and it changes with speed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timojin Valued Senior Member

Well the earth have an axil and I believe have a constant speed, as you go out the gravity or attraction to the center of the earth decreases. So why can I not assume every particle have spinning electron and they move around the particle and create a centripetal force to attract other particles ? We know that surfaces are charged , so it means electrons are on the surfaces .

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Because an electron spinning around a nucleus is an outdated and falsified model. An orbiting particle is an accelerating particle, an accelerating, charged particle will emit EMR. Electrons don't.

Wouldn't it make more sense to read what the physics actually is, than to get an idea and make unfounded assumptions?

9. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

The earth is a sphere, not a disk, and the force is pointing in the wrong direction.
    Because that's gibberish. Electrons don't orbit in circles, the force points in the wrong direction and it doesn't affect other objects.

I'm having trouble believing this line of questioning is real.

10. timojin Valued Senior Member

Sorry I meant to say the nucleus have a spin

11. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

No.

12. timojin Valued Senior Member

din't you believe the nucleus spins ? Is not that NMR is based on nuclear spin and the analysis is the response the absorption of energy at that point the called flit of the nucleus .

13. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

No.

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

I am sure your vocabulary is larger then No, If you don't agree with my last post apparently you are not familiar with magnetic interaction with nuclear spin.

15. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Your statements are gibberish: You don't know what "spin" means. And the more you gibberish, the further you get from gravity.

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

I was attempting to relate gravity to centripetal force . I know they are not the same . But at the same time I understand the wisdom of physicists have problem understand it an for some time they are attempting to fin some particle called graviton .
    Well since I speak gibberish I would challenge you to explain of what you know without asking mother wikipedia.

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Wow. There aren't a lot of people here who know more about physics than Russ. But sure.

Why would he accept a challenge where you ask him to teach you physics?
    Surely, if you wanted to learn about it, and wanted his help, you'd have asked before putting a chip on your shoulder and challenging him to knock it off?

18. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

That depends on the situation. For a satellite orbiting the Earth, gravity and the centripetal force are one and the same. A centripetal force is just a force that acts towards the center. For a rotating or orbiting object, it is whatever force keeping the moving in a circle rather than in a straight line. For a satellite, gravity is that centripetal force. What centripetal force is not, is a force generated by spinning objects.

19. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

You're doing a really really bad job of it. Even when errors are pointed out, you go further and further down the wrong road without showing the slightest hint that you understood why the first step was wrong. Like Alice, the deeper you go, the further off the rails you get. If you ever want any hope of understanding physics (or any other science), you'll need to stop doing that.
    I did! Conversely, your first stop when you have a new thought about science should be wikipedia.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  20. timojin Valued Senior Member

There are observation that in space were gravity is reduced items flow in the capsule and gravitational force is not observed , The capsule is following a relatively straight path . But now let assume the capsule start to tumble at its center point . So there will be generated a centripetal force , which will be a gravitational force with respect to the capsule . Yha same way I look the earth is a capsule with respect to our solar system.

21. timojin Valued Senior Member

Please talk science and not my supposed ignorance with respect to your wisdom,

22. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

I did: I gave you important, useful advice. Are you going to follow it?
    I haven't mentioned my wisdom. This isn't about me.
    We're on the outside of the Earth, not the inside.

23. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

If you are considering something like a space capsule orbiting the Earth or the ISS, the "weightlessness" the occupants experience isn't due to any reduction of gravity. Gravity at that altitude is a large percentage of that at the surface. What is happening is that the occupants and craft are both in free fall and responding to gravity in the same way.
    But putting that aside for now, even if you had such a capsule so far away in space that it did not experience any significant gravity, and spun it, it would not "produce" centripetal force. If you were to place an object in the capsule, so that it was not in contact with the walls, you could spin the capsule as fast as you wanted and the object would not feel any force pulling it in any direction. The so called artificial gravity felt by standing in a spinning enclosure is really just inertia. The inside wall drags you along with it. You want to travel in a straight line, but the wall won't let you and forces you to travel in a circle. The "force" you feel is the walls pushing on you to make you travel in that circle. That is the centripetal force, and it is provided by the molecular bonds that hold the capsule together. Again, spinning something does not "magically" produce centripetal force.

sweetpea likes this.