Gravity never zero

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Ivan, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

No, it means "working model".
    A theory cannot be proved, only supported by evidence and logic. It can. according to Popper, be disproved with a counterexample.
    The only thing you can prove is that the model works, until (and unless) you find evidence which it doesn't work with, i.e. explain.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stc Registered Member

To be quite honest, my main interest is in the expansion of the universe and the "MISSING" matter, which is the reason for my joining this forum, my interest in gravity is just an intriguing part of the BIG PICTURE,although It does dovetail nicely with my thoughts on what is actually happening out there. So far I have been unable to disprove my own theory, which leads me to believe that there just may be something in it. I had hoped for some intelligent and informed criticism on my thoughts,but instead of that , I have discovered moronic sub humans who probably still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy because mummy told them that they really existed. The days of burning people at the stake for daring to suggest that planet earth isn't at the centre of the universe have long gone (although if you believe the readings of the red shift you could quite easily "mistakenly" believe it was.)
    Maybe It would be better if I asked a simple question, such as "Why do you think the universe is expanding?" (if indeed it is.) I just might get an intelligent reply.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

And you obviously don't understand the use of the word theory in science.

Come back when you grow up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Sure, no one could possibly miss evidence against their own brainchild that they are willing to assert as if fact.

And did I miss where you actually presented your complete theory for review? If not then what are we to criticize?

8. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

I think we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.