Governments REAL position on UFO's

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Believe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Yes, lets compare things that one or two people see (probably suffering from schizophrenia or Pseudologia fantastica) to something is viewed by millions of people, on every continent, throughout history, with many credible eyewitnesses, and other evidence for it such as radar tagging.

Also, you can't tell me you don't see the shape in the bread? Not saying it's anymore special then breakfast, but it looks odd.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am not trying to speculate as to what they are. Nor have I said that I think the government knows what they are. Something wierd is going on and no one knows what it is for sure yet, and rather then acknowledging this fact and causing a possible panic, they just deny it's there at all, especially since they can't do anything about it anyway.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neverfly Banned Banned

Yes, lets.
    Let's compare how many people view "the Virgin Mary" in unsual ways and places, fairies and the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot... the Yeti and what have you... Angels, demons, ghosts and all manner of mythical creatures...
    And compare it the the many people that claim to have seen an Alien Spacecraft (those who simply saw something they could not identify are NOT promoting an absurd view) and see how it compares. I absolutely agree to your challenge, Believe!

Really?
    Knows what WHAT are, Believe?
    Really? For not trying to speculate, you just succeeded. Sensationalists and claimants do not mean "something weird is going on."
    Typical Conspiracy Theorist mumbo jumbo. "They don't want to cause a panic." No one needs deny anything for no panic over nothing, too.

You make it sound like everyday, Strange spacecraft, of unknown origin, are darting all over the world, observed by millions of people and wholly denied using plausible deniability.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension a bit. Have you even read my posts or the op, because what your writing does not indicate this. I (key word) have not tried to be sensational about this topic what so ever. I am not saying that UFO's are not some kind of natural phenomena that we do not yet understand/black projects of some country/ or something else entirely. I also am obviously not talking about the ones that can be explained away. There is in a tread of people of people here on sciforums discussing their own UFO sitings and many of the people on it are certainly not crack pots. How exactly to explain instances when the UFO is picked up both on radar and by pilots in the sky? How do explain mass sitings of UFO's? I don't see any of that reported for bigfoot/nessy/angels, do you?

For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

This was witnessed by hundreds, if not thousands and people with many videos and plently of eyewitness accounts of credible people. Mass hysteria cannot make video tape.

Just because it makes it easier for you too sleep at night by denying it whole heartedly does not mean that something isn't out there that we don't get. I have no idea what it is and I very, very much doubt its little green men in space ships from another galaxy just here to site see.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neverfly Banned Banned

Let's take this one step at a time...

1.) A person who sees something unidentified is not a crackpot.
    2.) A person who sees something they cannot identify and thinks it is weird, is not a crackpot.
    3.) A person who sees something they cannot explain or identify is not a crackpot.
    4.) A person who sees something they cannot explain or identify and reaches a conclusion that it was something weird or normal, such as birds, weather or natural phenomena is not a crackpot.
    5.) A person who sees something they cannot explain or identify and jumps to the conclusion it is a visiting alien spaceship is a crackpot.
    6.) A person who sees something unidentified that they cannot explain but they claim to know what it is, aliens, and promote this idea to others is a crackpot.
    7.) A person who sees something they cannot explain or identify, but claims it is aliens and they are controlling our government is not a crackpot. He is crazy.

And just because someone on the internet cannot "explain" something doesn't mean it can be anything you want it to be (Or say you don't want it to be.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  8. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Ok, not really sure what point you're trying to make with this post but since I have not participated in 5, 6, or 7 what's the problem?

9. river

10. Neverfly Banned Banned

No comment...when?
    You should wait until you've gotten no comments after a reasonable amount of time...
    First off: My own inability to explain anything can never be held as justification for it being whatever you want it to be...

Either way, what you've shown is paintings made by superstitious people from a superstitious time.
    The chariots of the Gods, is not a new concept, nor Halos and Comets.
    That an ancient artist would envision a man riding a comet is far from farfetched.

There are quite ordinary ways of viewing those paintings. That deal with ordinary people and ordinary concepts.
    So back then, it was comets and chariots and wings and angels and halos from heaven... Today it is spacemen, spacecraft and extraterrestrial visitation.

While it may be true- they may have seen something spectacular, such as visitors from outer space.
    Which is not so ordinary and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    And ordinary paintings with ordinary ideas and concepts doesn't cut it.

11. river

which I thought I had

not trying to rush

but where would this concept , idea come from in the first place ?

if you truly , I mean truly want more evidence , then look into Sumerian History

its all there , really

12. Neverfly Banned Banned

Well, then stop succeeding.
    In evolution, the higher animals developed a sense of Pareidolia. The brains way of using pattern recognition to enable survival: It is far better to see a predator that is not there, than to not see one that is.

This pattern recognition of pareidolia is extensive. A circle with two dots and an arc is recognized as a face. Which is absurd, really. There are no real similarities between the circle and dots than to a real physical face.
    Yet,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

there it is.
    Ultimately this has benefited even the program life- Insects and spiders, which use mimicry to their advantage against predators endowed with pareidolia.
    A moth with what looks like Owl Eyes on its wings stood a greater chance of not getting snapped up by a sparrow.

Seeing patterns in things has a long history of influencing minds, even great minds.
    Ancient practices that included using drugs and alcohol in foretelling contributed greatly to many myths which included psychotic deities, mythical animals and plants that eat men, dragons, mischievous hell raisers and numerous claims of seeing the dead.

To equate the vision of a comet and a man speculating about riding one to an ancient observer witnessing extraterrestrial visitation may not seem absurd on the surface; but one is quite plausible while the other is extraordinary.
    And an extraordinary claim... well, you know the rest.
    So where the concepts came from in the first place is well established and clear and speculations beyond that are plausible.

To equate the established 'ancient mythical' by a modern myth's standards; this requires a more vigorous exercise on your part to support that relation with better evidence.

I can just as easily claim that it's not impossible that the ancient concepts of Heaven and Hell came from an ancient floating city that has left us, and a fiery cave in the Earth that has since closed up.
    Worthless speculation unless I have some solid evidence to back it up.

And those pictures of paintings you linked to show Comets and special humans, halos and heavenly beings- all well established. No grays, no spaceships. Unless you can demonstrate a convincing presentation of solid evidence otherwise.

How about you provide that, to support your claims instead of asking me to do your work for you.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  13. river

not about Humans

so all the Ancients from Sumer were on drugs , I see

oh please , such non-sense

actually I don't find this argument as well established and clear at all
    there are spaceships

14. Neverfly Banned Banned

We are higher animals, River- of course it's about humans!
    Nonsense or not- I did not make that statement.

I said that it was an influence on the tales and art we see today that has survived the passage of time.
    Because you focus on your belief instead of critical thinking.

Prove it.

15. river

there is so much evidence , its hard to know where to start

thats why I mentioned for you or anybody of course to look into Sumerian History

a good book(s) to start is Zecharia Sitchins Earth Chronicles

this guy gets such a bad rap , why ? , I don't know

but these books have taught me so much about the Ancient past that very few know

like the fact that the Earth circles around the Sun , rather than the Sun circles around the Earth and about procession of the Earth , was all known 6000yrs ago

know the thing is , how did the Sumerians know these things ......

from alien beings

16. Neverfly Banned Banned

Been there many times; I know the feeling.
    Now- get to it. Gather it up; make a presentation.

17. river

your just going to have to read the books

because no matter what I say you have no idea what I'm talking about anyway

18. Neverfly Banned Banned

No, that's not how it works. You made the claim, you support the claim. Again, it's not up to me to do your work for you.

It's fine, if you do not wish to do that work. Everyone would probably understand.

Simply say, "I do not wish to support this claim; I retract it at this time."

To do any less shows a lack of motivation on your part and a lack of necessity for us readers/responders to take any claim that is unsupported seriously.

19. river

true

but I don't know where to start

the thing is that no matter what I claim from his books , anybody can make a retort , not knowing the full context of which I take this information

for instance

the giza pyramids were here before Egypt

and that this was known from a stela , by Kufu and is in the Cairo Museum

20. river

and then back to my post #32

about the procession of the Earth

Hipparchus knew about this but the question was how and where did he learn this ? since it takes more than 2000yrs to shift from one Zodiac house to another ( 30degrees )

his source was Sumerian

Professor Langdon's findings reveal that the Nippurian calendar , established about 4400 B.C. in the age of Taurus , reflects the knowledge of the procession , that took place 2160 yrs earlier than that

21. Neverfly Banned Banned

You are discounting known astronomy or at least, ignoring it, to claim an outside source of knowledge.
    How about Eratosthenes, who measured the circumference of the Earth around 200 B.C.?

Astronomical observation and measurement- calculation of precession etc has no bearing whatsoever on Aliens.
    Not only is it just plausible to accept that we worked out the calculations rather than we were given the maths by alien visitors- We have documentation of the mathematicians working it out!

Native American cultures in the Americans such as the Mayans, Aztec and Inca for southern Americas and the Anasazi and Pueblo of the north Americas had worked out the astronomy and 'predictions' for astronomical events (no credence to Planet X here, folks) with impressive accuracy using rudimentary pillars and observing stones, measuring distances and doing the math at least a thousand years ago.

As to your first post about not knowing where to begin: Get organized.

And give your readers the benefit of the doubt. You are trying to rely on a series of books you read, not years of research.

22. river

answer this from my last post ;

Professor Langdon's findings reveal that the Nippurian calendar , established about 4400 B.C. in the age of Taurus , reflects the knowledge of the procession , that took place 2160 yrs earlier than that

nice skip Neverfly

you asked I delivered

now its in your court

23. Neverfly Banned Banned

Ok,
    Prof. Langdon:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Langdon

A fictional Character.

Perhaps you can post a bio of a living and real Professor Langdon?