Goth who walks fiancée on a leash is banned by bus driver: 'No dogs allowed!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cosmictraveler, Jan 22, 2008.

1. draqon Banned Banned

like I told you as long as it doesn't affect me or is not directed at me, let them be. But if the start to make me part of their game of goths vs non-goths, than I will beat them up.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The right to be who and what I want to be and do what I want so long as I don't violate the same rights of anyone else. It's a pretty simple concept that is usually covered in secondary school. I'm quite surprised you haven't learned it yet.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I thought they were in England. Do they have the same rights Americans do?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. C1ay Skepticist Registered Senior Member

They are in England and England does not have a Constitution in the same sense that the U.S. does in that there is not a particular document one can refer to. England is a Constitutional Monarchy and its unwritten Constitution is given in its statutes, treaties and court rulings. I am in the U.S. myself and someone from the U.K. could probably fill us in here on any limitations to rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if such limits exist.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

rights are given by law in places like England and Australia. Ie the antidescrimiation act rather than the constitution would be at work here

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, the UK is a permissive society, so unless in law, a certain activity is illegal (leash wearing) or someone is empowered to intervene (the bus driver) these folks are expecting to be able to go about their business unhindered.

As there is no law prohibiting leash wearing, and the bus driver is not at his discretion to prevent people wearing leashes onto the bus, he's fucked, quite frankly. I would suggest sending the fella on some course to teach him about discrimination.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

isnt it intersting the difference between the US and comonwealth countries

11. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Obedience course?

Sorry, still going like a dog at a bone.

12. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Agreed.

Makes me wonder if the bus driver has eye damage that he can't eyeroll...