Got a psychological problem?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Manifold1, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You took one? Then you only got a tiny bit of the effect - it takes about a week to two weeks (depending on body chemistry) to reach full-effect (at least according to the family MD and the Psychiatrist I was seeing at the time)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

I get that, thanks. Many years ago, I did almost every drug that was available, so I have some appreciation of compounded effects. Give me good old Dexedrine any time over Adderall or Ritalin.

Actually, don't give me anything.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Heh, I'm a strange one... never done any drugs, including tobacco or pot, and I'm not a fan of needing prescription meds (though honestly... since I was put on Omeprazole, Allegra, Singular, Flovent, and Flonase, I've been able to breathe and swallow better than I could in years)... my family history is full of strong addictive personalities (my fathers bloodline were all alcoholics for several generations back) so... I'm a bit wary, to say the least

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

:shh: God gave the Irish whiskey so they wouldn't take over the world.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

alternately:
    God gave the Irish whiskey to make them humble
    and she almost succeeded

9. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Oh, ok. So you decided that what the medical "profession" decided was a disorder, wasn't actually a disorder.

Congratulations.
    Now when are you going to figure out the rest of it?

Every man and his goddamned dog has a "disorder" these days. It's not only permitted, it's encouraged.

10. Manifold1 Banned Banned

Encouraged?

Elaborate somehow for me...

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Kids wont stop running around the house? Their ADHD, give em drugs!
    Kids can't focus in school (because they are bored)? Give em drugs!
    et al

We over-medicate like it's going out of style...

Oh, I never said it wasn't a disorder - I willingly admit I had ADD (not so much the Hyperactivity) - and now, as an adult, I have AADD (the adult version of it). I fit ever symptom for it... but instead of relying on medication to take care of the symptoms (since they can't actually treat the cause), I manage them through introspection.

12. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member

I just want to note that for all your defense of people with psychological disorders, the self-declared sociopath eventually had to be banned.

And, for the record, yes, I have a real problem interacting with sociopaths. Online I would say they usually manifest as trolls or worse.

I can't imagine being that sick that your primary wish is to harm others. I don't care how much abuse you've endured in the past; it's no excuse. And certainly no reason someone should tolerate the presence of a sociopath around them if they don't want it.

Edit: Had a look at the "banned" list. Seems manifold's sock puppet list is a mile long. (Perhaps manifold comprises all of the banned member aliases?

) Just like a sociopath, they never know when to quit.