Gore stabs Lieberman in the back!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by truth, Dec 9, 2003.

1. truth Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Loyalty? Faith? Realism?

Who cares about loyalty or faith? It's quite obvious that Lieberman can't win, and there are greater stakes afoot.

Perhaps you'd like him to jump on the Lieberman bandwagon so you can slam him for hopping on a dead horse in order to do a Paul Revere?

Get with the times, man.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spookz Banned Banned

and there are greater stakes afoot.

word!
    infact i think gore should run! he should get a lot of sympathy votes

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

Lieberman can't win.
    it's just impossible.
    not because of his policies but because of who he is.

i'm sure he'll do wonders for America if he were elected.
    all your internal problems will improve.
    but your foreign relations will get fuckd.

also, Lieberman being elected is the worst thing that could happen to Israel and Jews worldwide....so i wouldn't want him to win.
    he'd jump out of his skin and over his head just to prove to everyone that he's not biased towards "his people"...which will do too much damage.
    i'm happy he won't win

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Someone's horse had to be Gored. I'm considering supporting Dean instead of Clark: The neocons must go before they do additional serious damage to my country. Dean is far more comfortable in political life than Clark, whose military credentials may not be as important as it originally seemed. We just need a way out of deception, debt and Iraq, which will be painful but vital.

Howard Dean for America

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Looking ahead

I just heard a lovely piece of analysis on CNN, that the primary season is over before the first ballot is cast. It may be true.

In the long run, I will back a Dean candidacy, but I reiterate here that a Dean candidacy is bad for the Democrats, the United States of America, and the world at large. My sense of the dramatic, my hope for the epic tale for the ages, still awaits the dark-horse salvation of an Edwards campaign

Now ... first off, this pseudo-leftist bent of Dean's is new. I'll take it, there's no question about that. But should I really put the cynicism of watching American politics all my life aside in order to convince myself that I'm not about to watch a bum's rush back to the center in January, '05?

Secondly, I think people who worry about the "teapot" and the idea of "the button" push the issue wrongly for humor's sake. But we ought to be prepared for legendary and ridiculous battles with the press corps should "President Dean" become a reality. And is he going to turn that one particular shade of tempermental when the Saud is giving him a cartful? Will he be able to keep his mouth shut around Berlusconi? How badly can he embarrass himself in Paris? Set an Irishman loose on him and that vein in his forehead might burst.° I think these are the issues of his temperment that require serious consideration. The tallest candidate always (or usually, I didn't measure last time) wins. Americans like their presidents to exude a certain quality of attitude and image. "Apoplectic toad" just isn't on the list.

I can't imagine my partner, Tigger, among "my" crowd. (It's an abstraction, as I haven't been within my bred and accustomed social sphere in years.) I can't imagine my brother in the priesthood. I should know better than relying on such imaginings; I couldn't imagine George W. Bush winning at the ballot box ... oh, wait, he didn't.

Phack!

But that's the thing: I think there's a lot of people out there who simply can't imagine "President Howard Dean." They look at him and say, "No." They listen to him speak and say, "Uh-uh." They watch that vein in his forehead pulse and they say, "Is Nader running? Hillary? Bring me Al Gore, for Christ's sake!" And then they consider backing Lieberman.

Me? Sure, I can imagine it. President Howard Dean. It does take some getting used to. But his teapot is well within the buffoon standards set by Dubya's monkey.

Dean ought to arrange a "fireside" debate. And then serve pretzels.

In fact, every American ought to send George W. Bush a pretzel right about now. Throw the dog a bone.

Notes:

° vein in his forehead might burst - It occurs to me, as I am about to click the "Submit Reply" button, that there is a test of Dean's presidential mettle out there. Think about it: Dean is a doctor, a politician, and put those things together and that means he's a geek. Not a Bill Gates type geek, but a geek nonetheless. Hell, look at him! What is one thing every geek fears? Unrestrained, undignified fury. Now ... work with me, here, because it sounds just a bit ... ah ... what's the word? Racist? Well, yeah. But simply, Howard Dean needs to be publicly whooped by a black woman. Picture it: Overkill, natural overkill--an angry, modern black woman as typecast as the DNC could possibly pray for, akimbo and shouting and waving the finger and doing the ol' Claire Huxtable side-to-side. I've seen it before. I've been on the receiving end of it. I thank chance alone that she was going on about Jesus hating gay people or else I actually might have been frightened. But if Howard Dean is capable of weathering with reasonable dignity an old-school whoopin', the kind of routine exploited for a cheap laugh at the Apollo ... well, then, he can handle the French and the Germans.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  10. 567 Registered Senior Member

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Gore likes dean ideals and polices more over Lieberman's. He made a honest choice for who he thought would be best for president.

12. ranxer Registered Senior Member

i didnt think there was any loyalty to break between gore and lieberman..

my impression was that gore picked leiber as a running mate as a political ploy to endorse the jewish lobby(and fascist capitalists) enough to get elected.. ploy does not imply loyalty to me.

13. truth Registered Senior Member

So Gore is a deceiver and a hypocrite.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It's simple, really

This is news to anyone?

Gore is a politician.

Deception and hypocrisy generally go with the territory. It's why an honest politician is an unsuccessful politician.

15. ranxer Registered Senior Member

oh, shocker! Lol

um, i really WISH i could believe the dems..

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The American public can certainly demand accountability and honesty, along with forcing any other important political issue. No, the results would not be instant- it takes time to identify and remove the corrupt, and unfortunately we haven't even started yet.

As I've expressed in other threads, if your farm is overrun with weeds, it's not because all plants are corrupt: It's because you are complacent.

Americans can only blame ourselves for whatever quality of power we allow to grow in government. There is far less personal risk in the USA for victims of bad politics to do something to improve their lot. Democracy is not failing America- America is failing democracy.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

GORE LIEBERMAN

(snicker)

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Who here thinks Gore is a goody-to-shoes??? What are you insane all politicians are evil at the core, some are more evil then others (like the whole republican party for example) but that does not exempt others. Remember the wonder of voting is that it allows you to choose between several bad candidates.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I'll drink to that

I'll drink to that.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I don't know American Democracy is a little out dated.

21. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Kerry

'nuff said

22. kajolishot Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by truth
    Gore is now endorsing Dean instead of former Vice-Presidential running mate, Lieberman. So much for loyalty!

What's the point of this thread?

You make it seem as if Gore planned on or should have endorced Leeb.

So Gore is a deceiver and a hypocrite.

You can say this with a straight face while having all your eggs in the Bush camp? I applaud you.

23. truth Registered Senior Member

Never said all my eggs were in the Bush camp. The fact is that Bush on some points annoys me to the point of anger: I cannot believe that he actually signed that prescription drug bill. He will not do anything to halt illegal immigration from Mexico, put troops on the border. He is actually considering allowing illegal Mexican immigrants access to social security. NOTICE, I said illegals!