Goodbye?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by PhysBang, Nov 12, 2016.

1. PhysBang Valued Senior Member

Well, it seems to me that these forums are primarily for humoring racists and cranks. I guess that's all I have to say.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Goliathus Registered Member

Depends where you look in the forum

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The God Valued Senior Member

Thank you. This place will be much better without you.

danshawen likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

I'm off too...
    I'm no great contributor here, but now and again there was something worth reading in the science sections. But that's history. This has nothing to do with Rpenner, his hands seem tied by the wacky rules here. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Sorry to see you go PhysBang.

Edit - The God, it appears you are physically incapable of helping yourself... all you can do is insult and degrade and generally put others down. Let this serve as public notice - I, personally, shan't tolerate that anymore. Shape up or ship out; those are your choices.

If any of the administration wishes to overrule me on this, then feel free to do so, but whomever will be responsible for explaining why such behavior is to be tolerated in a forum that wants to pass itself off as one of rational discussion and scientific debate, rather than a cesspit for the dredges of the internet to reside; lets face it, 4chan and other sites like that already have that role filled... lets be something better, shall we?

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Änd may I add, god bothering cranks, quacks, and a wide variety of nuts also.
    But why give these fools a free hand?
    Yourself, and sweetpea among many others are reputable contributors.
    We seem to have already lost schneibster and brucep and Trippy due to the interactions of these fools: Let's not lose anymore.

danshawen and Ophiolite like this.
  10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Im just hangin on by a thred myself --- its all i can do to keep putin up wit all these wrong opinions from riff-raff who disagree wit me... but i plan to continue on wit the good fight for right.!!!

Ophiolite likes this.
  11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That's a shame. I may have my disagreements with PhysBang, but he's a contributor not a desctructor of content.
    This place needs more contributors and fewer cranks.

Ophiolite, paddoboy and Kittamaru like this.
  13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Agreed

14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Maybe ban Farsight from posting in the physics section.

He disgusts me.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I certainly hope again that sweetpea and PhysBang rethink their decision, and also the likes of schneibster and brucep who appear to have left us.
    In the meantime, I'm just about to get "dolled up" and attend my 57th Old Boys reunion!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Always a great day, where plenty of stories, lies and laughter abound!
    Seeyas all tomorrow!

danshawen likes this.
  16. Ultron Registered Senior Member

We disagreed on most things, but you had some moments when you delivered really interesting physics insights. So it will be kind of loss if you really go.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

18. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Hang in there, bud! Lassie will send help and, through nothing but generic barking, will convince Farmer Parson's son Jimmy that you are in dire need of a rope with which Lassie can haul you up!
    Anyhoo - you can't leave. Although you can probably leaf, or leev, or something else that comes close.

But even then you're like a moth to a light... where would you go? Admit it, CLH, you're hooked. An addict. You need your daily fix of those bizarre people who dare disagree with you! Besides, with no freewill you have no choice but to stay (until you don't)!

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  19. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Rise above, PhysBang:
    Report all the racism.
    Ignore all the cranks.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Wise words and also apply to myself.

I will now start applying those edicts, and I hope that the mods/admins play their part.
    Again though, we need PhysBang, sweetpea, brucep and schneibster back into the fold.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I should have said before, but I'd like to see those people continue to post here, too. Their contributions make for a better forum, most of the time.

cluelusshusbund and paddoboy like this.
  22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Thanks James R... i was touched by that... an for myself... i will hang in thar an continue to help make Sciforums Grate Agan.!!!

Grrrrr...

Hay... you dont know me... why... i can quit this place anytime i want... it just so hapins that i dont want to.!!!

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Another decent human being who apparently left after being continually insulted by a lesser human being, was Daecon.
    Let's hope he decides to make a return!