Good Vs. Evil: the Eastern viewpoint.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by oscar, Jan 18, 2006.

1. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

Nonono, I wanted many of them before we got to one of the "main ones". The thing with getting to an answer right away (at least for me) sometimes makes it easy to forget about the process. Maybe I was getting nowhere

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyway, I know it pretty much ends there, but I also know that non-dualism can be a bit of a trick pony for those who don't read between the lines (or for those who do for that matter

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

). From what I've learned, duality must be first grasped before it is transcended and advaita is "attained". In other words, you must first know maya to realize it is indeed, maya (or the illusion).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nameless Registered Senior Member

I understand what you are saying and appreciate the wisdom. I was speaking a bit 'tongue-in-cheek', though. *__-
    Peace...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

According to the Tao Te Ching, the existance of one implies the existance of the other. You cannot define something as "good" if there is no "evil". The book talks about that when they talk about the days when there was no loyalty, or trust, or anything like that. Those things were not thought of because they were inherent qualities of human beings. But when deceit and "evil" was "created', then those things became relevant. Basically, they only exist when "evil" exist. When you have no "evil", then you also don't have any "good". All things are neutral- it is how we perceive it that defines it in a dualist perspective. Such is the essence of the Tao. The Tao is the unity of the opposites, and thus, in the Tao, there is no "good" or "evil", there just IS.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.