Good News

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, May 31, 2007.

1. Sputnik Banned Banned

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Just aren't paying ANY attention, are you? I said 64, not 60, and did you actually READ the information in that link??? The maximum was only 0.025% which is almost nothing. And they didn't state how much time was required for even THAT to happen.

Nope - and pay attention to this, please - your point is FAR from proven!!!

And did you note in the CDC article that "styrene is POSSIBLY carcinogenic to humans" which again goes against YOUR claim that it is.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

yes 0.025% might seem a small percentage to you...but thats every time one uses that cup...higher temperature than that percentage of toxin release increases...everyday these toxins accumulate in body, some perhaps are removed but some stay.

yes I did notice the word possibly, and the reason for that word is that there is a huge industry making styrofoam out there...they do not want people fearing for their health when styrofoam is their product that is at stake. that word "probably"...was probably paid off by the companies making styrofoam.

8. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

And here you go with even MORE claims! Do you have any proof that any of those chemicals accumulate in the body or is that just another batch of your wild guess-work in action?

And I'd like to also see some proof about the claims you've just made about the stryofoam industry.

So far, you're batting zero for at least four unfounded claims you've made. Do you intend to try and redeem yourself or just keep on digging more and more holes that you can't fill???

9. John99 Banned Banned

and you dont think that is significant?

and what if it gets so hot that it melts the container and the container liquifies?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. John99 Banned Banned

yeah, it looks like you got that from my thread.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Of course it's not. The only way for the container to get hot enough to melt is if the water has all boiled away - and it can't get hot then because ONLY the water absorbs the microwaves and turns them into sensible heat. That's the very basics of heating in microwave ovens - no water molecules, no heat.

12. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

lmao, who's right here! Read-Only makes valid points, dragons are seemingly all from the same source material though on different websites :shrug:

Someone change this threads name to "Styrofoam Wars"

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Heating any plastic in microwave causes chemicals called xenoestrogens to be realesed. Those chemicals are toxic and carcinogenic.

Reusing plastic bottles for a long time also cause the release of xenoestrogens. (I shouldn't say "cause". The xenoestrogens are released through the natural decay of the plastic.)

Xenoestrogens are particularly toxic to females with endometriosis. Hints: "estrogen" and "breast cancer".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoestrogens

14. John99 Banned Banned

Thanks TruthSeeker, I was just getting to that.

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

But once again you've making a bad assumption (just like the other guy) about the plastic - in this case, stryofoam - actually being heated in a microwave oven. Only the water is heated directly by the microwaves and the heating of the plastic is a secondary action through conduction - NOT direct heating. And since the temperature can never exceed to boiling point of water, the tiny amounts of material released are insignificant. "Significant" and "insignificant" have tremendously different meanings.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Next time, touch the plastic and see if it's significant or not....

Just because plastic is not a good conductor doesn't mean that it doesn't heat up.

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I'll bet you were. :bugeye: But there's STILL no proof there of the claims you've made. And you don't seem to be making any effort yourself to prove any of them. Instead, you're just waiting and hoping someone smarter than you will do it for you. Guess what? They still haven't helped you either.

So do one of two things: either provide some solid proof OR just admit that you were talking with no real knowledge of the subject. Which will it be??

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yeah, kinda amusing, isn't it?

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Ha! Of course it will feel hot to the human touch!! No one is questioning that. So exactly what is your point again???

20. draqon Banned Banned

So now we refer to each other as "the other guy" :bugeye: ....well well well...I will see to that

21. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

This is nuts...

I believe foam is not a threat, it is not even heated inside a microwave! Liquid is not the same as a solid, why would foam merge with it in any way?

22. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Also the molecular breakdown you're spouting about dragon, etc.. is impossible. Molecules don't just disintegrate into the nearest material, it's madness... it takes a long time for that to occur, even with foam in the junk yard!

23. draqon Banned Banned

well than how do you account for 0.025% release of toxin from styrofoam...as shown in the experiment (link provided)