Good News for ME!!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by lucifers angel, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, I think that's most of us.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

To each their own I guess.

:shrug:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I suppose.
    I'm just thinking, the first house my husband and I looked at was $15,000.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

thats all?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

the cheepest house i have seen recently is over $200 000

8. DanceAndExplode Fear me, for I am Death. Registered Senior Member

congrats, LA. hope you have a great time

9. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

ok let me tell you all why we are doing it, seeing that there is doubts,

me and my husband split up a while ago, and when we got back together we had the idea of of renewing vows because we had a small wedding first of all, and now we want to do it properly, we are going to turn our backs on our lifestyle and my piercings are going, (my converse are staying) so its a way of saying we love each other

10. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

not that its any of your business but my mum was very abusive to me from a very young age, i was a victim of munchausen's my mum used to steal medications from the hospital where she worked has a nursing auxzilary (sp), i was allways in and out of hospital with various "conditions", and then when all that ended my step father started beating me, when i told the school what happened they took me back home and my mum started beating the crap out of me, i went then to live with my real dad, who then started abusing me, (in a way that i will not talk about here), i went back home because social services didnt want to know and when i finally left home had my own kids i was willing to try a new start for my mum, and she looked after my kids, and i found out that she was still stealing meds from the hospital and giving them to my kids, (my son now has mental conditions that may or may not be down to the drugs she gave him)

i havent spoken to my mum for many years now, i dont want to be at her funeral and i wont shed any tears, now do you blame me?? now do you see why she will nto be at my wedding vow renewal ceremony??

so please before you sit there with this holier than now attitude, remember life is not just about blood ties its about looking after yourself and your family, my mum and dad failed me and my kids, they will not be allowed to do so again

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

LA have you ever looked at taking an action against the state for failing to protect you (i compleatly understand if you say its none of my buiness, fuck off

)

12. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

I am sorry to say, but this look really stupid to me. $18,000! Don't you know
    that with $2000 you can travel around the world? If I were you and have
    that much budget to spend for mutual moment with my husband, I will definitely
    go travel around the world. It is much cheaper.

Check these, for example:

http://www.bootsnall.com/rtw/
    http://www.airtreks.com/Default.aspx

From this link:http://www.airtreks.com/Products_AirSpecial.aspx?specialid=0e7fa25e-afa7-484a-b511-d7760e04138a

with USD 2099 per person, you can have trip here:

Los Angeles - Nadi (Fiji) - Auckland - Sydney - Bali (Denpasar) - Hong Kong - Los Angeles.

Or, as you live in Europe, you can take the one passing London.

In Asia, hotel is very cheap. In Bali, for example, you can stay in a 4 star hotel
    just for US$ 65/night. If you share room with husband, it will cost you US$ 90/night:
    http://balihotels.com/areas/kuta.php

In 2 star hotel, just US$ 31/night. And that is in Kuta Bali:

13. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Or, as you live in UK, if you want to travel around Europe, you can visit up to
    these 18 countries with rail networks: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland,
    France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Luxemborg, The
    Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

http://www.statravel.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/au_division_web_live/hs.xsl/eurail.htm

There are 3 passes to choose from. The 2nd pass (Eurail consecutive pass), offers
    unlimited train travel for the duration of the pass (15 days, 21 days, 1 month, 2 months
    or 3 months) to explore 18 European countries - consecutive days travel.

And the total train cost is around $800/person. Not $18,000! :truce:

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

OK, for the people that are actually attacking LA here on the eve of her wedding - STFU. Seriously. WTH is wrong with you?

Congratulations, LA, and all the best.

15. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

It is none of my business. Don't think I was attacking you personally. I could go into a discussion about this right now but I don't want to because I will most probably say things that would offend you, and I don't want to offend you - believe me.

Seriously, congrats, hope you have a brilliant day - I mean that.

16. Bells Staff Member

Then I seriously hope it all goes well for you and that the weather is nice enough at least.

You'll have to excuse most of us. We've become hardened individuals who seem to find spending too much money on ourselves to be wasteful, when in reality it should not be so. You and your husband appear to have had a bad run in many aspects (separation, children who aren't well) and you deserve to have a special day in your lives.

So ignore all of us (myself included) and enjoy yourselves. I hope you're at least getting a nice second honeymoon as well.

17. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Holy shit!

It's your money, you can spend it however you want. But yeah, I'm thinking 'term deposit'. Better to have that kind of cash available if you (or your husband) gets sick and can't work.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

as bells said, since when has spending any money on yourself been a crime?

If they want to do it and it will make them happy who cares how much it costs, i have herd of people paying $1000 for a HAMBERGER for christ sake

19. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Anyone who pays $1000 for a hamburger is an idiot, especially when I could make my own, and far better. I't's not that I'm a cheapskate, but I don't like being had and blowing my money.

As for happiness, there are far cheaper ways of achieving it. A $20 computer game can give me weeks of happiness. A $18,000 wedding lasts, what, a few hours? Why not just have a party, invite your friends around and have a glass or two? The whole concept of needing an expensive wedding is just a con to extort money out of young couples who usually don't have it.

From my experience, people throw expensive weddings to impress their friends. Their friends talk about the wedding for a month or two, then they forget about it. However, the married couple don't forget about the debt.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I doubt you could make that hamberger for less than $100 BTW, it uses black truffles, gold leaf, minced eye fillet steak ect

And who are you to judge what will make someone else happy?

Its not YOUR MONEY, its theres.

21. lepustimidus Banned Banned

I'm quite aware that it's their money. I made it clear that I'm questioning their judgement, but that it's not up to me to decide how they spend their money.

Having an opinion =/= dictating to someone.

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

FFS we're doing it because we had a cheap wedding first of all, it cost us somthing like £500 (including rings) and we have had a lots of problems so we're doing it bigger and better this time!

we are NOT doing to impress anyone we're doing it for us,

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Luci, you spent your birthday alone.

Have you picked another date for renewing the vows?