Good is an actual quality like water that we need to "drink"

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by MattMVS7, Oct 28, 2017.

1. river

for thinking , advanced beings . good is natural attitude towards all beings . with goodness comes advanced understanding of all things and other beings . good and bad .

further

this Good Human , is kind and friendly , has the full potential of the Human brain and mind , psychic , telekinetic , mathematical in an instant , sympathetic , empathy , strong mentally and physically , the strength of will , primitive but advanced knows all the arts of war , martial arts , and war theory . Humanity survival is foremost and absolute in thought , initiated contact between other intelligent beings . with the military not in front but behind , would be a good ambassador for Humanity .

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Nope.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

unfortunately, since humans can be so lame to even be jealous of another's positive emotions or a bit of self-esteem or anything, instead of just developing their own or minding their own business, their idea of happiness or constructive action is to mess with your happiness or to find some way to take it, literally or figuratively.

i have learned the only real ultimate truth can be nothingness. when you have nothing or left with nothing, there is no reason for others to torture you or take anything of worth.

the positive of being a loser is very few people are jealous of you and even the people who use to torture you or be vigilant of making sure to undermine/sabotage you eventually stop once they know there is nothing left to take or their sabotage worked.

abusers/bullies attack your core and your personal self/qualities first. people who are jealous of you will focus on and usually attack/damage your good or best qualities they see might benefit you or be instrumental to success, not your lesser qualities.

and this is what people can be jealous of which are not all concrete, abstract mostly:

youth, time, potential, hope, love, good heart/character (bullies really don't like this), intelligence, beauty, talent, originality, self-esteem, confidence, self-discipline or inner strength, even humility ( bullies like cowardly/scyophants but not true humility) , happiness and of course money/wealth.

out of all those characteristics, the good heart/character and humility is what will be attacked even without those other qualities simply because it is the exact opposite of the inward nature of your typical bully or someone who would attack someone just out of jealousy and those two qualities are seen as a weakness or opening to them.

and petty as it is, even a sense of "hope" is something that will be targeted because miserable or unhappy people don't want you to even have hope. it's hard to explain this type of person because there are miserable and down and out people who are literally on the very bottom who do not attack people but these types of people are narcissists who even if they are better off physically than others, will undermine or want to attack or obstruct anyone they are jealous of because of ego.

the most jealous people is not so much about what they have or whether their needs are met or not but what they percieve they don't have compared to what their ego believes they deserve. and if it's extremely huge in comparison to their equally shitty character, they are very dangerous and toxic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. birch Valued Senior Member

some people don't even appreciate good.

this is a common occurrence. i will use the example of the stepfather again. he is the typical white-bread americana from an upper-middle class family in the suburbs. he has never been without money, homeless a day in his life, went to jail, went hungry or actually suffered anything drastic at all YET he was the most narcissistic, self-centered, woe-is-me, violent, angry person whose ego was paramount to anything and everyone around him and what he wanted or believed he should have. no humility at all or ability to appreciate the little things in life or even care to. it was always about what he didn't have, not what he did. and what he did have, he would abuse because he thought it wasn't good enough or just used as a stepping stone, including people like objects.

so even if people have their needs met, they may not even be appreciative. it all depends upon the person.

i also noticed something about his family and especially his parents. they were the spendthrift type who were into a good life. even the few times he had his birthday party there, (yes, even in his thirties, they had a birthday party for him) they bought him nice things so you could tell he was always well-provided for including his siblings as they were big spenders.

but ironicly, he was extremely cheap and used to like to torture me withholding even food some nights or snatch my food away. as a child, i thought i had done something wrong but in hindsight it was a game to him. if he got angry, he would send me to sleep without food etc but i was provided for barely while the rest of the household (him, wife and his daughter were provided normally/well).

he also made sure that i was put to severe work in the household doing chores like a maid would, even as a child. i was treated like a live-in-maid for him, my mother and nanny for his child and sexual toy for him and nothing more.

whenever we would move, which was often, the first thing he would excitedly do is walk me to the broom closet and laugh to show me my tools. you have to understand the juxtaposition of this with all these christian friends and associations of his and her while attending kentucky bible seminary.

so i was sufficiently old enough now to ask him why i had to do all the chores and his answer was that he was raised that way and he had to. i already knew this was impossible because he was so messy and irresponsible even with the simplest chore as if he never had to do anything. so i asked his mother and she was shocked and said all that boy ever had to do was turn on the bathwater for his younger sister and he was out on the golf course all the time.

the truth is when you hear the lies of society that those who abuse must have been abused themselves is not always true. it can be either extreme because those who never had to suffer at all or feel empathy/sympathy or spoiled or raised to feel superior to others may see other people as objects to play around with or control, instead of as another human being.

8. birch Valued Senior Member

there was another case, this one known in the news, happened around the '50's and this woman had adopted several kids specifically to control and feel power over. another male adoptee was a witness to it and he admittedly survived because he acted subservient and compliant as he was very afraid. the two year old boy was a bubbly and happy child which she could not stand. she wanted him to be unhappy and whenever he showed any happiness, she was jealous and punishing. she was out to kill his spirit and eventually killed him physically too. this was at a time in americana where child abuse was not taken as seriously.

he said that originally he was not afraid of her but eventually he was no longer happy and ended up just crying in a corner with no spirit at all left in him, because everything he did, right or wrong, was punished for. there was no sane reason. it's like the pavlov effect. this was what she wanted.

that's the thing about sociopaths, they love to feel power over people, even over the most ridiculous and petty of reasons because they are scum. they are actually very weak on the inside core which is why they lustfully desire power over others to an insane degree. people who are truly strong care more about the quality of what they are doing rather than the adulation or ego which is nothing but a secondary added bonus or unimportant. it's the opposite for imposters, the adulation/status/ego or power over others and decision is the goal itself, even if they are unqualified or unwise. most are fortunate, i am speaking even of perpetrators, because most will never be known or they just bully/abuse but don't kill.

now take into consideration the idea of the theory of darwinian evolution and the obnoxious idea that only the best and quality survive. absolutely not true when evolution is dirty. if that were true, society wouldn't be so full of gross faults and stupidity itself so that is not even technically true. the lowest, sociopathic and basest actions/motives work and this is why those genes are also continually passed on.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  9. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

Hello Matt. As you may know, I am a relativist. I beleive you cannot have good without bad. However there is such a thing as neccessary evil. Without regret, remorse or conscience it would be impossible to reverse, or remove, an action or decision. Put simply evil exists to allow us the opportunity to undo said bad decision. Without the bad, you could not have the good.

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

They question was not about them having qualities. It was about them being qualities. Good and bad are qualities but water, food and electricity are real things that have qualities.

11. river

Very Good point .

12. river

Good is a quality of thinking Human beings .

To be Good is , to other Human Beings , is an attittude of our want to survive .

13. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

"Good" is okay, but evil is neccessary. Only an evil action can be regretted and withdrawn. Goodness is contented.

With regards to the opening post, should you drink the Lord, you will be drinking forever.

14. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

How do you "withdraw" an evil action?

15. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

You must truly regret it. You could try not repeating said action.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
  16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That would be regretting; it would not be withdrawing.

"I have extincted all ceteceans. I truly regret that. I will definitely not extinct any more ceteceans. We good?"

17. river

Wisdom is a quality of good .

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Define wisdom?
    Define good?

19. river

wisdom to learn from mistakes

good is to promote , through ideas and/or actions , Humanities survival .

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So you accept that the atomic war on Mars by Aliens and some of the other non scientific paraphernalia you claim as out right facts on this forum are incorrect? Good, that's progress.
    Humanity has a "use by date" just as the Sun and stars have, of which we were synthesised from.
    Good is being compassionate, avoiding harming anyone, and treating them as you would want yourself to be treated: A Christian can be good, as can an Atheist or Agnostic, or even a plain nut

21. river

to be good is not only an attitude to have towards all Humanity , towards either gender , but also for our very potential as to who , what we Humans could be .

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Bingo!! and as admirably emphasised by science and the scientific methodology.

23. river

Gnostics knew this back in the time of Alexandria .