Good day fellow members

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by darksidZz, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

You're actually lucky you didn't lose your leg. It's a sad state to see ex-bikers hoping around on crutches and tends to be a sight that un-nerves other bikers.

Diesel always seems to be spilt on roundabouts (and sharp bends) usually not too far away from Fuel stations. Some people tend to fill their car up too full and when they go around corners it leaks out the fuel cap and spills on the road

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I was hit from the side on my motorbike by a postal van doing 50km/h while myself I was travelling with the same speed in a perpendicular direction, resulting in a quick slingslot into his windshield, which got dutifully smashed, after which I was catapulted into the side of the road narrowly missing a small pole made out of unforgiving concrete.

The driver of the postal van was very upset since he thought he just murdered another human being. Luckily for me his optimism was not called for and I could stand up after 10 minutes after the ambulance arrived and the paramedics not having found any serious injuries.

The only visible wound was dent in my leg, and still you can feel a shallow dent in the bone at this particular spot years after.

Needless to say, my motorcycle suffered slightly more than I did.

Kind of retarded to fall because of some silly diesel.

You should at least be rammed by a truck or a bus. Or have a story like that japanese guy that hit the side guard of the motorway, drove on for several kilometers only to discover he was missing a leg.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

My thoughts exactly - 3 weeks after I bought the bike I considered writing to Suzuki's complaints department that I was still alive and ask what I was doing wrong...
    180 mph capable machine and I dropped it at 40

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I assume they answered with a schematic picturing the throttle control, a hand on it, and an arrow indicating that the throttle should be rotated to its most extreme position.

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You've been reading too many sciforum posts.

I hope DSz returns, but with a more robust persona.
    He seemed like a nice, genuine person.

He's clearly smart, and his posts provoked a lot of debate.
    When he was conducting a self-experiment in
    reducing his sexual desire using a herbal remedy
    it attracted a huge number of views.

But if you set yourself up as a punchbag
    you shouldn't be too surprised if someone gives you a whack.

Even Fraggle had a go.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think open governance is a good policy, don't you?

The secret cabal notwithstanding.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

That sounds a bit like when I was struck by a car - the gentleman was running around freaking out because I'm sitting there bleeding profusely from a head wound, and I'm wondering whether I can legally take off because I have to work early the next day.

11. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

so your saying that Darksidzz asked for what he got? why to punch someone in the balls when they're down!!!

12. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Actually I'm not at all surprised how myopic most are here. Darkside dipped his toe at Sciforums, felt the waters—the general flow and temperament—and built upon that. It goes without saying he was encouraged to follow through with his mode of persona, gaining popularity votes and distinction (his polls are symbolic to that). And distinction here at Sciforums has always been a much coveted incentive: Satyr gets banned for his, S.A.M. gets moderatorship for hers, Baron Max get's booed for his. —I get shunned for mine. Big. Deal.

But once built upon, a new persona can not so readily reverse course midstream. Darkside might have tried a more conventional approach but saw it led nowhere character-wise, and it probably felt terribly formless and hypocritical to do so. Besides, his choice of moniker, DarksidZz, obviously testifies to a predisposed inclination already set for further exploration of "himself". And he had a full right to that—as we all—and that was going to be that.

Now, Sciforums is again attempting an unsettling countercurrent position midstream, and audaciously proposing to dictate with threats of bannishment how one's persona should act and conform in the vicinity to the majority's. Middle America, here we come.

But Mr Rocker, regarding himself as an "elder" to this community—his own words—whose parental guidelines and voluminous advice was not wholeheartedly embraced by Darkside, couldn't, it seemed, resolve Darkside's indifference—such a reputable value and wisdom Mr Rocker's persona has gained for himself here. And has Mr Rocker a right to his persona? Indeed he does. But my oh my, what does he do afterwards? He stabs Darkside in the back and shoves his middle class morality down his throat: what's so awfully wrong with living at home, anyway? Nothing more than a different lifestyle, right?

But now it's too late for Darkside. However, it's not too late to feel an urgent need to know exactly what Mr Rocker meant when he said:
    Um, I'm afraid clown antics and lab coats don't figure much in my fringy wardrobe.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

darksidZz had an excellent opportunity when he came back as darksidZz after being banned as sderenzi to create whatever persona he wanted.

14. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

The good thing is.
    Nothing lost.
    He can join somewhere else.
    Even be an owl again if he's committed to the role.

Or come back here as Dsz.
    People might treat him nicer now that they feel guilty
    and miss his little woot-woots
    and feather fluffings
    and the way he used to eat grubs while he was talking :bawl:

He could even return under a new avatar.
    Try a different approach completely.

Who would be the first person to uncover him?

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i really miss him and after e mails to him he says that he wont come back!! :bawl:

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Look what you've done now mr Owl.
    I hope you're happy making lucifers angel cry.

If you do return with a new name
    don't make it a giveaway one like SidszzerD.
    They'll spot it in a second.

17. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

its ok because i can talk to him through e mails anyway!
    but its not the same here! come back darksidzz

18. Ripley Valued Senior Member

He missed an opportunity to fulfill whose expectations?? And how could a "dark side" be anything else but something that is dark on the other side? His moniker reflected his choice of direction.

Nonetheless, I'll admit that I thought Darkside was a crashing bore, but I certainly don't see why I should have the right to demand someone repaint their face simply to accommodate my own sensibilities. And if the day would come when Darkside outgrew his mopping finicky face, then so much the better; I would see that as a personal progression—but that sort of thing is best left to a person's own discretion, and to their personal timing; I couldn't impel such a transformation on anyone. I'll admit though, that Mr Rocker couldn't be expected not to attempt to tear off Darkside's mopping face, if not out of shear frustration. But I found it in bad taste of him—as an elder—to be setting an example of trumpeting a bombastically humdrum value of lifestyle over someone else's differing lifestyle. It's not tolerated with sexual preference, nor with race, so why should such a different lifestyle be marginalized and condemned here? (And condoned, since no one really objected much.)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I knew a chap that lived with his mum.
    Until she died, she brought him a full Irish breakfast in bed.
    Every day!
    Even when she was in her 80s.

What wife could beat that for service?

20. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Pray tell us what delicacies that consisted of...

I'm certain it's a subject far more interesting than the glaring inconsistencies of the apparatchiks' administration of Bozotsky-land here...
    and no doubt doubly so than "poll-putz's" gibbering inanities.

21. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Irish Breakfast Recipe

Take
    2 slices bacon
    2 eggs
    2 sausages
    2 slices of white pudding
    2 slices of black pudding
    1 Tomato

Fry all in a large pan.
    Then use the remaining fat to fry two pieces of white bread
    (not brown, you are already eating a tomato remember
    so it's not as if the meal was unhealthy)
    mopping up every stray morsel and leaving the pan empty.

Eat.
    (You can leave the tomato if you are not too hungry, remember the waistline)

If you are in the enviable position of living at your parent's home
    and having it served in bed
    ask mother for a cup of Barry's Black Tea.
    Bliss incarnate.

If you have a wife who has given up the "equal adults" malarkey
    and agreed to be your substitute mother
    (which is what you wanted when you got married in the first place)
    this is just as good. Don't feel inferior.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  22. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

That sounds like, death in a plate, and absolutely delicious mmm.

23. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

You mean these ?
    White puddin'

Black puddin'

aha !
    mmmm... meaty...
    LoL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.