Going Postal

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by kmguru, Jun 17, 2002.

1. kmguru Staff Member

This lingo is typical American. Now the news is Forest worker started fire in Colorado that has destroyed 33,000 acres, 5000 people evacuated and so on.

Somewhere I read that Anthrax problem started by a government scientist. Are the government employees losing their minds?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

And if they are going bonkers, is it because the gummint brainwashes them to do it do create trouble and give the gummint an excuse to introduce new legislation??? Oooohhhh, spoooky.......

But seriously, gummint jobs are quite often mindless bureaucratic slave jobs. Very icky. Maybe people aren't supposd to sit there folding envelopes all day every day for thirty years at $2 an hour.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

What worries me is those judges and policemen who are paid low but hold so much power....the power they can so easily abuse...

I remember my son dating a judge's daughter - after he dropped her, she got upset and got wild and pregnant out of wedlock by someone else. Imagine the family pressure. I feel sorry for the poor bastard who showed up that day (the bad news) for sentencing....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

I feel the same way about education and the "ADHD explosion". Maybe we humans aren't designed to sit in packed classrooms for 8+ hours a day. Who the hell wants to pay attention for that long to stuff that's mostly not even concrete.

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Humans spent their entire evolution growing up around family, their formative years surrounded by their kin. Then altely we stick them in schools with strangers in those formative years. Xenu, perhaps you could start a thread on the possible effects on individuals and societies of this change in behaviour?

9. kmguru Staff Member

Adam: good observation. Dont forget, in US we have "latchkey kids" too. So the only time the kid sees the parents is just before going to bed and may be in the weekend.

10. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

I had began to start a thread but it kind of exploded in my face, called "Why is Humanity Screwed Up". It turned out to be so general I had to post it free thought. This will be just one big heated argument. I probably created a monster. It's all apart of this morning's emotionality.

I'll try to make one more specific and directed one about families when I'm well... a bit more "well-adjusted"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

-Xenu

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Strange it is that we now have a word to describe a bazaar behavior. What came from a fellow worker shooting his co-workers and then copycat actions from others.

Going postal. Such a sad meaning for such a dastardly act.

I am not sure that I would call someone who set a forest fire that injured and killed others, in a national forest (federal charge), and destroyed acre upon acre of natural habitat as postal.

I would describe it as a lack of good sense and I don't give a hoot attitude. I think this lady will regret and roue the day she burned her estranged ex's letter.

12. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

They had minds to begin with????

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!