God is a Moron

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Neutrino_Albatross, Apr 12, 2002.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

And you have...?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jadon Banned Banned

Superluminal,

I have more then you -- words from The Scriptures penned more then 2000 years ago, plus the words of Great Men of history who Professed to The Truth, and acknowledged the existence of The Creator.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

M*W: I think byron is jadons new jesus, just like david koresh was.

and jadon I have great books, penned by men of wisdom older than yours easops fables, a thousand and one nights, and then theres the vegas, and the qu'ran, why do you think yours is better.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

You left the M out. The thread title should be "God is a Mormon!"

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  8. audible un de plusieurs autres Registered Senior Member

brutus: what are you reading from the book of morons, oops omited an M.

9. Darkman Registered Senior Member

Yes Jadon, I'm here now, and I agree. Adam was the one who started it all, and He was created by God. It's sad when people deny their own free will and try to blame God for their troubles, as you said.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I know you can't be that stupid, Jan (oops, Jadon). We all know that this is what you want to believe so that you can feel "good" about yourself. I've been like you. Do you even remember when you sold yourself out? Can you even recognize the fact that you have?

Why would your all-powerful god be disappointed, water (oops, Jadon)?

Then, according to your delusion, I am for the devil and perhaps nothing you can say will change this, so bug off. Show me some proof, and not just emotional baggage, and I might change my mind. Give it your best shot, or you might just be letting one of god's children slip away.

I think it takes more of a coward to be you, moop. Anyway, we are all cowards to some degree. If you don't think you are, you really are deluded, and you must really think yourself better than what God supposedly created all by himself. Are you better than Adam, moron?

So be it, now fuck off.

11. Darkman Registered Senior Member

lol @ Jadon and Superluminal's bickering.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

However I have to side with Jadon, because I agree with his posts!!!

12. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

darkman: why do you thing adams to blame, when god wanted evil in the world.

13. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

How could we have free will without the choice to do evil? God did not want evil, but wanted us to have the choice. We chose to have it!

14. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I didn't! Speak for yourself. Sins of the father visited upon the son, by the way, is the stupidest, most moronic thing I've ever heard of, so don't say it. That son does not have free will does he?

15. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, but once the human race received the knowledge of good and evil, there's no going back. I didn't want it either, but what can we do. We know right and wrong and are now accountable. So, I have the choice to do right or wrong. I, the son of Adam, have the choice. Just because dad screwed up, doesn't mean I have to.

16. Yorda Registered Senior Member

My parents didn't create me, since they are also created by God. An effect can't be the cause of another effect. So humans can't be blamed. And in my version of "God", he can't be blamed either.

You think God needs a religion?

Not "we", it was Adam... although he didn't choose it, he made a mistake because God made him imperfect.

17. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Jadon,

I'd really like you to address the "defense of your faith" thing. You said you didn't have to, and the bible says you do. And we know that Jadon LIVES the scriptures. You posted it yourself.

So what gives?

18. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Human kind went against God for the first time. The consequences were knowledge of good and evil. Because the consequences affect human kind, it was human kind's choice, not just Adam's. Adam was made in the image of God, perfect in every way. We chose to take on imperfection, which is the struggle to be perfect.

19. Yorda Registered Senior Member

You still don't get it, do you...

It wasn't our FAULT that we went against God. We didn't WANT to go against him (because no one wants to suffer)

It was just a mistake, because of our childlike understanding (which God gave us)

20. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

humankind did not go against god, they had no knowledge of wrong or right did they.
    god wanted evil
    no gods choice
    can you explain to me how adam chose to be imperfect as you put, when he had no knowledge of good or evil, perfection or imperfect(vanity), how was he doing wrong, god brought evil into the world it's what he wanted.

21. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Geeser, assuming of course, that God exists.

22. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

well god does'nt, that's a certain truth, (however some will argue we cant be sure, which must be given credence, I personal am 99.999999999999999999999% ad infinitum sure no god exists) no need to assume anything, we'll leave the assumptions to the religious.
    however the argument cant be posed unless it's included.
    anyway the arguement leads to that inevitable conclusion.
    it rebuts the idea of original sin.

23. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

If we didn't want to against him, why did we take the fruit?

Yes, it was a mistake because of our childlike understanding. But, God warned us, so the burden of guilt is on us. It's like me telling you don't use that salt shaker because the lid cannot be screwed on tight. And you, wanting salt badly, take it anway and it spills out onto your meal, ruining it.