God is a Former NBA Player

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Yazata, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Yazata Valued Senior Member

You've all heard NBA players like Steph Curry thanking God for their success. Well, what most people don't know is that God is a former player. He played with the Washington Wizards for two years. It's true!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Shammgod

After landing Kevin Durant, all the Warriors need now to fill out their roster is God.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

He'll be a bench player signed to the veteran minimal and might be a factor in the playoffs. God is good but he's no Lebron...

Yazata likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ted Grant II Registered Senior Member

You may be right. Not being a follower of the game probably explains why this is a new and interesting fact to me.

I have, however, noticed that people often pray to their favorite god for assistance when competing. In the same way that drugs are considered unethical, perhaps prayer should be banned for the same reason. In fact, if you have God on your side, you have a better chance of winning than any drug user.

Something I've never understood, is why does God answer prayers ? He already has a perfect plan for the future, so why would he change it, just to please the gullible ?

I would expect God (if he exists) to favor people who have exercised the big brain he gave them, not some idiot who believes fairy tales.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.