God’s glitch in Eden. A & E had to break God’s second command to accomplish the first

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Jul 27, 2013.

1. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

No I don't. Deciding who is a "superior being" is repugnant.

Are you seriously saying that adults are superior to children because children are innocent?

Understanding the distinction between "different" and "superior" is not hiding.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I am saying that any mind that would choose innocent bliss as depicted in that clip over having the knowledge of good and evil is a fools mind.

Yet that is what Christianity advocates when calling the gain of a moral mind a fall.

Regards
    DL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

"Have you already shown all you have and can now only throw stones and run away?"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Too many of your ilk for me to bother with.

Regards
    DL

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

" 'Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt' "

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

That doesn't make any sense. If the mind was innocent to begin with, it didn't have the capacity to make decisions, foolish or otherwise.

What Christianity advocates is a fall from grace - i.e. a loss of innocence. The whole question of good and evil revolves around the fact that there are good and evil sides to everything: sex, work, even being godlike. You can't fall without being in a high place to begin with and you can't go to a high place without the risk of falling.

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

If A & E were innocent, then God was unjust in punishing. Right?

Regards
    DL

11. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I quoted what I read and I responded to what I quoted. If you think I missed something, you'll have to be more specific.

You'll have to make up your mind. If God "punished" Adam and Eve, then that was a fall (from grace). If their new situation/enlightenment was an improvement, it wasn't a punishment.

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I can and did. You cannot and did not.

Thanks for this.

Regards
    DL

13. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

You're running away again. Just answer the question: How could Adam and Eve be "punished" and made "superior" at the same time?

14. arauca Banned Banned

Who said he punished them , He just said go out of my garden, because you did it once you will do it again.

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Was he going to have Satan fool them again like the first time?

Double up on his prick points?

You forget that he also actively and analogically locked away the food that would keep them alive.

That is called murder my friend so love your murderous God all you like. Satan loves that side of him as well.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

They could not. Punished is the Christian thinking. Not the thinking of the Jews and it is their myth.

How is becoming like God a punishment?

Regards
    DL

17. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mr. Greatest I am, you ask, "How is becoming like God a punishment?"
    Do you have an answer to that question?
    Perhaps someone who had went through an Apotheosis and became like God would be able to answer that question.

This was posted in a thread, a while back :

"... Here is my short anecdotal story.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
    I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
    I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”..."

Perhaps the person who posted that would be able to answer the question that you ask.

What do you think............

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I think that becoming like God to be our number one moral priority.
    Even Socrates said that man's greatest work was to improve his character.

Only Christians seem to forget that they are to become as Gods as they strive to emulate him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Churches do not teach what Jesus taught though.

Regards
    DL

19. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

So : "How is becoming like God a punishment?"

20. arauca Banned Banned

"Churches do not teach what Jesus taught though."
    A christian should follow Yashua and not the church . Church is not responsible for my life , it is me ., Church is a group of people that gathers to praise the Lord.

21. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Read slower.

"I think that becoming like God to be our number one moral priority. ".

Regards
    DL

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree but Christians do not follow Jesus at all.

He told us to accept the burden of salvation for ourselves meanwhile Christians are all trying to ride him as their scapegoat whipping boy savior.

Quite pathetic to see.

Regards
    DL

23. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

So, your question : "How is becoming like God a punishment?"
    And your answer : "I think that becoming like God to be our number one moral priority. "

The speed of reading has nothing to do with it.
    First off, you ask how becoming like a mythical/fictional creature is punishment.
    Then you state your thought that becoming like that mythical/fictional creature should be OUR number one moral priority, as an answer.
    Who is/are this OUR you speak of? And how is punishment akin to a moral priority?
    ...........Read slower............
    y. o. u. p. r. o. v. i. d. e. n. o. a. n. s. w. e. r. s. o, n. l. y. i. n. a. n. e. i. n. c. o. h. e. r. e. n. c. e.