Global Warming , proof humans will learn time travel ?

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Cazzo, Feb 10, 2009.

1. MadCat Registered Member

hmmm

I tend to agree and disagree. As for reversing within 50 years...maybe. The waters will be hard to fix. Strain it of all the oils and other pollutants. Addressing the issues yes, DOING something about them quick enough no...We could create massive job opportunities on focussing on infrastructure and replacing all the bad with good, including efficient cars. As well as creating more jobs or industries that focus on global warming repair and preventative measures. Killing two political issues with one stone. Sadly here in Canada, BILLIONS were given by the government to global warming and environmental purposes, but no one knows where the money went to. So I wonder if no one knows where it is, is anything getting done.

MadCat

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

Perhaps the money's being spent on that time machine to send all the CO2 back 400,000 years ago; thereby saving us now and creating the 70 foot increase in the ocean levels 400,000 years ago. :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe that's where you left your brain too.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's weather not climate LOL.

8. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

"Ha, and these last few weeks have been VERY cold for us. The car park at work being like an ice rink.

But, but, but GLOBAL WARMING!!!!111!!1 "

Global warming is a calculation of the global mean temperature. The temperature in your town was taken into the average. The temperature of the towns around your town were taken into the average. The global average is increasing very slowly, however some places are experiencing drastic changes in climate.

"Actually, now it's referred to as "climate change".
    Perhaps all changes of climate are now "because of man" as well.."

Climate change is totally independant of global warming, but the global temperature does affect climate. Air, ground, and water are all affected by sunlight which increases thier temperature. Depending on many factors, a climate system is formed by long term weather patterns.

Man has the capacity to change climate, but no, man is not the only source of weather. To be perfectly blunt, Cazzo: use your brain. I respect your opinion, but you are a fool. I cannot change your mind, but I am trying to educate you so that you understand the answers to the questions that you have asked. Next time you do not attempt to use reason, I will let you stay a fool. Please educate yourself, please. I cannot make you care, you have to lower yourself to the same playing field that we are all on.

9. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

Madcat,

As with all new age scientific endeavors, equipment costs are expensive. The money went to computers, weather stations, salaries, soil tests, and computer software. It also went to new technologies in energy saving techniques for homeowners (you can probably apply for money to do some home repairs!!), new technologies in MANY areas. People have learned that chemistry is a MOFO. They dont want arsenic and mercury in thier soil... so lots of tests my friend. Then in the future, someone is going to have to figure out how to get it out of the ground.

As of now, plants are being used to pull heavy metals out of the ground. Then someone will go along and take all the plants. Its all a big mess, but there are alot of great people out there trying to make a difference. You are right about no one DOING anything because there isnt any money to be made. Most people just dont care that our soil is going bad. There are tons of job opportunities and ideas, but nothing can get started without cash flow. Hence, government spending.

10. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

this is exactly why I am convinced Cazzo is a 15 year old girl