Ghostly pedestrian caught on cop's dash cam

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

A ghostly pedestrian is.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Why? I can't imagine anything more mundane than a person walking across the street. What's next, a video clip of a poorly-lit bowl of fruit?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Ghostly = like or related to ghosts.

The first pedestrian definitely looks ghostly to me. The car runs right thru it. The second pedestrian also looks ghostly, all white and appearing to vanish in the middle of the road. Any more questions?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Yore just playing games here: you didn't answer the question. The question was if you think this is a video of a ghost or just a normal person who looks "ghostly".

What I don't get about your schtick is that there doesn't seem to be any reason for it, besides plain trolling. If you really believe the video shows a ghost, just say so and say why. Instead, it appears that you didn't start the thread to discuss the video, but intended instead for the thread to be a way to annoy people with a game about the definition of "ghostly".

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

If I say it is a ghost Emnos will ban me for making a claim without supporting evidence. So in the attempt to be hyperobjective, I merely propose it looks like a ghost. You can't deny that. Both figures I might add. Did you see the one at .027 seconds? How do you explain that?

9. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

You had the issue explained to you several times and either you don't get it or don't want to get it. Instead, you are making it worse.
    That's not hyper objective, it is deceptive gamesmanship.
    Of course I can: no one has ever seen a ghost and been able to prove it. What some of your videos look like is pop-culture fictionalized visions of what ghosts might look like. But most, including this one, just look like bad misunderstandings of photography.
    I had to watch several times to see what you are talking about. I see fog or dust that you apparently think is a ghost.

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Looked "ghostly" to me... a good effect if it was faked.!!!

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Maybe it was faked by a ghost.
    Pretending to be a different type of ghost.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

:worship:

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So in other words... you are trying to use the volatility of the English Language to skirt the idea that you are making a claim you know you cannot support, and instead pose the thread as a postulate of what it might be...

what...?

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

More like posing a thread about what it looks like. Hence the adjective "ghostly." Also trying not to give mods another excuse to ban me. Is NOT saying it's a ghost now an infractionable offense too?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not at all - I'm just confused as to what your intent was with the thread.

Magical, let me be blunt - you are posting this video as a claim that it is a ghost. Don't insult our intelligence by claiming otherwise.
    That's fine - as I've said before - if you want to claim it is a ghost or other phenomenon, explain WHY you think it is and back those claims.

I'm going to hold you and everyone else to the same standard here - whether you are arguing PRO or CON to the statement (for it or against it), you will be held to the same platform of expectation in terms of evidence provided. You must back your argument either way.

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I thank it ant a ghost.!!!

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Nope..never claimed it was a ghost. The video speaks for itself. IOW, it shows 2 ghostlike figures at different points of the drive. I've already posted where to find them. The first is a transparent humanoid figure standing in the middle of the road that he drives thru and then pulls over to investigate. The second is of a white humanoid figure that disappears in the middle of the road. On this basis both figures appear ghostlike. What else do you need? Them holding a sign saying "I'm a ghost"? Also, who would possibly be walking around on a deserted country road at 12:16 AM?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Et tu clueless?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I cannot answer that MR - I'm not sure what it would take to convince me they are legitimate spectres... I've had experiences with things that I've not been able to explain (from the well-documented "orbs" to what appeared in my peripheral vision as a spectral car driving alongside me), but I can't just jump to "paranormal" as my default answer.

Not everyone does the usual 9am-5pm thing man... a lot of people in this country work second, third, or even graveyard shifts... to them, midnight is our afternoon.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So you ARE claiming that it's a ghost...

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

On closer inspection, it looks faked. Immediately after the 'ghost' disappears there is a dark block covering the area.

^Download images and click through them. Especially, go back and forth between 3rd and 4th. Seems something is off.

Edit:

Actually, here: [video]http://www.enmos.eu/temp/ghostly.m4v[/video]

Edit2:

This one might be better: [video]http://www.enmos.eu/temp/ghostly2.avi[/video]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  23. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

It looks to me like the "dark blob" is present throughout the entire video in one form or another. It appears to me to be an area not covered by the car's searchlight.