Ghost Hunters

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Ivan Seeking, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

I watch this from time to time for fun. I was watching an episode the other day and noted that they do a lot with their magic flashlights these days. Allegedly they can ask a question and the "ghost" causes their flashlight to turn off or on according to the question. Like magic, the flashlights respond to the questions!

So what do they ask? Are you John? Are you a man? Did you die here? Okay, thanks! :bugeye:

If they really believed they were in communication with a ghost, wouldn't their questions be a little more interesting; "Is there a God?", "Is there a heaven?", "Do you exist in a different realm than us?", "Do you feel love or pain?". If I thought I was in communication with the dead, my questions would go a little deeper than name, sex, and cause of death. So one has to wonder if even they really take this seriously.

Next is the EVP business. If these EVPs can be heard only after the fact on a recording device, then why can't the audience hear these sound over the TV? Why do $10 recorders capture the sound, but not video cameras used to record the show?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

They take the money seriously. And they apparently think being on TV is great - even if they are making asses of themselves.:shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

If the ghost hunters wanted to show evidence that their EVP recordings are genuine, all that's required is to use two recorders and show that they make identical recordings. But I've never seen an EVP verified by a second recording.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fredchurch Registered Senior Member

ghost

ghosts dont have a brain and cannot communicate with us. a ghost is a current of electric energy not to different than a lightbulb. they do make sounds and sometimes will say incomplete sentences. they can scare you thats for sure but naver hurt anyone.