Ghost girl

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by birch, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! Ok..so much for science proving or disproving things exist.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

? Isn't that why you said ontological? "...relating to the branch of metaphysics dealing with the nature of being..."

You were, in essence, concurring that anecdotal experiences are not really useful at informing us about reality.

Science isn't about "proving what reality is"; it's about building models that are predictive. That means they are useful in understanding (predicting) our world. Science doesn't try to say what "actually is". That's a philosophical thing.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So science isn't about cataloging phenomena in nature based on empirical evidence? Why is everybody here always saying then that there's no scientific evidence for ghosts?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. birch Valued Senior Member

No. That is actually not correct either because the reply wasnt to say i know more of reality in total but to the others reflex assumption they do and minimize others experience as must be imagination category because thats not what they have experienced or doesnt fit their current dogma of reality.

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Because there is no scientific evidence for ghost
    Well that would be my dumb dumb guess
    Huey Dewey and Louie concur

If if if you know of ANY scientific evidence for ghost please oh please present it

In fact why not go one better. Write up a paper and submitted it to say Scientific American

I will be the first in line for a autographed copy

Guilty as charged. When I hear of any happening which exceeds the bounds of reality, IN MY DUMB DUMB MINION UNDERSTANDING GRASP OF THE DOGMA OF REALITY, I jump to the conclusion what ever it was which was experienced was not real

Two points to make
    1. I do not contend that something happened
    2. I do not contend the person has the opinion what happened was / is real
    3. OK 3 points. It goes in the don't know basket or unexplainable
    4. Ar 4 points. Unless evidence comes forward to explain this apparent breaking of the rules of reality, as I understand them the happening can stay in the unexplainable basket forever
    For some in the unexplainable basket evidence has come forth to be able to take the happening out and place it in the Explained - case closed basket

ALL of those have made the transition due to the evidence coming forth that they do in fact conform to reality, and not just my version of reality.

Many remain in the unsolved basket

If anyone has any type of strange experience please report it in as much detail to the nearest skeptical person you can find in an effort to clean out the unsolved basket
    Your experience may just provide the missing link between, not only your strange experience, but thousands of others, the missing link between unexplained and reality

The skeptics of the world will raise a statue in your honour

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No scientific evidence of ghosts? Ok.. If you say so. But then there's no scientific evidence of persons inhabiting human bodies either. How would you scientifically confirm something like that? And how would you scientifically confirm the existence of a person existing OUTSIDE the human body, when you can't even confirm the existence of a person existing INSIDE a human body.

10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Yes I do say so. However if you do happen to know of any scientific evidence please feel free to share. Remember scientific - which would excluded everything you have posted to date

How perceptive and so true. And this nugget of outstanding wisdom is relevant how?

I have not the foggiest idea. Use your supernatural abilities to figure out a scientific method. Preferably one which does not involve YouTube clips

Re read the above

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!