Getting a prostitute for your son. Acceptable or no?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by skaught, Jan 6, 2009.

?

Is it acceptable for a father to get his son a prostitute?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  3. Other

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. swarm Registered Senior Member

Just because the religious wingnuts freak out about it, that doesn't mean that it really isn't a bad idea.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

Perhaps I'm getting the definition wrong? Does it simply mean non-exclusivity? All I know is that even with the hooker I was with, I felt a bit of an attachment; and I only saw her once. Being polyamorous, I'm fine with non-exclusivity, but I don't believe I'll ever have a sexual relationship with someone that means nothing to me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scott3x Banned Banned

I'm sure the flock agrees

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. If you ever become interested in actual debate instead of preaching religious dogma, let me know.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

EXACTLY!!!!

The reason why we have so much violence in US, is because guys are not getting enough sex from the girls. The girls are either feminists, low-self-esteem duches, or are taking all one selective guy.

Guys are not getting blowjobs, start hating the world, stop blowing things up while making different excuses for it, and end up dead with others' dead.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  8. scott3x Banned Banned

There is definitely some truth here, although I think we can do without the insults to the girls. Isolation and contempt from one's peers can and has created the types of school serial killers that have done the Columbine and Virginia killings.

While the topic of sexuality is rather explosive, it is finally being put in more, and the abstinence only education is fortunately now on the wain. There is one element that may well still be missing however:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again- what children need is more relationship councilling. I believe it's tragic that for some, the time they need teachers -most- isn't in the class, but at recess. I actually created a -supervised- recess when I was an english teacher in Mexico (we'd play a sport, at first dodgeball, then baseball but kicking a ball instead of with a bat). I personally think supervised recess can be -so- much better than unsupervised. In one class, I even dedicated a fair amount of time to resolving a dispute between a girl and a fair amount of the rest of the class; I'd just let them talk and interupt when things were getting a bit too hot; I then spoke to both parties separately after the discussion.

9. swarm Registered Senior Member

No strings attached or casual sex, as I understand the term, would be sex where you have no expectation of creating a lasting relationship. So it would go from the classic one night stand through possibly "friends with benefits" where the sex is (in theory) incidental to the friendship.

Because there is no lasting relationship expected there is no real expectation of fidelity, further encounters, or relationship maintenance. Its just having sex with each other that time.

10. swarm Registered Senior Member

Whatever.

11. scott3x Banned Banned

I personally always want to form lasting relationships (unless I found myself not getting along with the person, in which case I would definitely want to halt anything to do with sexuality with the person). However, I can envision being with someone who would only want a short term relationship. Our goals would differ (I would want long term, they'd want short term), but I think it could work. I would definitely find it preferable to the company of a hooker, who one could easily believe is solely doing it for the money instead of the pleasure of it, no matter how temporary.

Since I'm polyamorous, I have no problem with the idea of sharing a person. In practice, it can frequently get more complicated, but I have had some contact with the polyamorous community and I know that it can be done despite possible complications.