Getting a prostitute for your son. Acceptable or no?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by skaught, Jan 6, 2009.

?

Is it acceptable for a father to get his son a prostitute?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  3. Other

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. John99 Banned Banned

you got some line of BS.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

Again, John, your ability to quickly come up with assumptions is unparalleled

Perhaps you are alluding to my tryst with a certain hooker. It was certainly an exception to my general rule. Make no mistake, however; I would have liked to know her better. And I certainly doubt I would have wanted to simply continue to purchase her services without getting to know her better. The whole issue dissapeared, however. It was the only time I ever visited the island of Cozumel and I no longer even remember the strip club I went to.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

No. I just figured it was overflowing from the 911 thread. <g>

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. swarm Registered Senior Member

Its nice that you find shelter in chanting "prove it" like some kind of mantra. Since you admit "majorities have found it to be immoral" and I've already pointed to:

Turpitude in its ordinary sense involves the idea of inherent baseness or vileness...

It has been held that the following offenses are crimes involving moral turpitude:

• Soliciting for prostitutes

[This is taken from Handbook of Criminal Evidence by Davis, 2000 edition.]
    http://www.gapsc.com/Ethics/moral_turpitude.pdf

I'm left wondering what you are looking for.

Even in the few places where prostitution is legal, it is not looked upon with respect. In fact the only prostitutes I can think of that command any respect in their society are the geisha and even that is starting to fade.

But of course you are a special exception to this. There is no need for you to think for a moment that you were as lame as any other john. No, no so obvious is the nobleness of you transaction that I must be blind to think it was lame.

The Germans and Dutch do a much better job with it, but even they don't think its an ennobling experience which shows outstanding moral fiber. Amsterdam is in the process of cleaning up their red light districts because they feel the corruption is starting to get out of hand.

If you wish to believe you are inherently lame because of a youthful mistake that is certainly your call. Personally I'm of the opinion that such things are just part of growing up. Some mistakes you have to make for yourself. They are failings only if you don't learn from them.

Of course part of learning from them is being able to recognize that they were mistakes.

Yes, definitely and without a doubt using prostitutes is lame.

I'm glad Charlie is finally wising up a bit. You do know actors aren't noted generally for their high moral standards? You do realize Charlie is not respected for his prostitute use.

8. John99 Banned Banned

9. scott3x Banned Banned

:bugeye: I don't understand.. perhaps I don't even want to

10. scott3x Banned Banned

Call it whatever you like. The point is you can't prove your assertion.

Personally, I think these types of arguments are best suited to a religious type of forum, not a scientific one.

Yes, yes, by 'moral majorities'. These aren't scientific arguments, they're arguments for the herd. Go graze amoung them and leave me in peace.

Even in places where prostitution is illegal, some people look upon it with respect. Your argument doesn't say much, other then that people believe different things.

I'm not saying that I would ever want one of my children to be a prostitute. While it's not always true, I'd say that most prostitutes are generally from the lower class. What I -am- saying is that I respect the profession, just as I respect the people who work at fast food restaurants and other low paying jobs; these are the people who are most likely to turn to prostitution as, in comparison, the wages are better. There are, ofcourse, more risks involved and ofcourse there is the flock going on about moral torpitudes.

God you made me laugh there

. My action certainly wasn't a rare occurence. The difference between me and most, however, is that I don't settle for the 'normal' explanation that it should be a 'moment of shame'. I wanted something (sex) and when given an opportunity to obtain it in a way I felt was adequate, I did so. Do I think that, under better circumstances, it would have been better to have had a girlfriend to do it with? Sure. But circumstances weren't better and I had grown tired of waiting for Ms. Right.

Now I'm laughing again

. I've never argued that it was.

How are they 'cleaning' them up?

A nice twist of words, laugh

. I said nothing of the sort and you know it.

Only I don't think it was a failing. This is the sum of our disagreement.

Fine, go ahead and preach. There's clearly no stopping you

Who said I respected him for his continual use of prostitutes? I respect him for his belief that WTC 7 was taken down by controlled demolition, which is something else altogether. My argument was simply that, unlike your assertion, I don't believe he is a 'total loser' just because he purchases the services of 'lots of hookers'.

11. swarm Registered Senior Member

You are the proof of the assertion. Little gems like: "Who said I respected him for his continual use of prostitutes?"

Oh here is a good one too: "I'm not saying that I would ever want one of my children to be a prostitute."

You know I'm beginning to get the picture that you are pretty ignorant about prostitution altogether. Fire up google and educate your lame hypocrite ass.

12. scott3x Banned Banned

I simply believe that paying for sex is something that should be done sparingly, not in abundance; I have always maintained that it is a poor second to having a relationship with someone. In point of fact, even normal relationships can frequently have a monetary component, although it's not always the case. I'm currently not looking all that much as I don't have a job right now, but I may be getting a part time one today or tomorrow and I think I'll be going to the local polyamory meet today.

Indeed. I have never denied that the desire for prostitutes and being one are both syptoms of a world that isn't ideal. Does that mean we should reject the people prostitutes and the people who purchase their services or understand the reason that both groups exist and attempt to make it so that such things are unnecessary?

Why do you believe that I am "pretty ignorant about prostitution altogether"? I believe I know a fair amount of prostitution, including its sordid side. I believe that further legalizing it would do a great deal to improving it. In all honesty, I believe that prostitution would be much better as a type of 'sex therapy'. It certainly started me in my own experiences with sexual intercourse, and I believe it did so in a good way. You are, ofcourse free to disagree with me, but I doubt you'll get far. You didn't live my life; I did.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

What if your son doesn't like your choice of Prostitute?
    You should at least give him a check list first.
    Perhaps he would like a fat ugly woman.
    There are men's magazines full of them.

14. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Any guy who had you as their mother and had to deal with you day in and day out would probably need the services of a hooker.
    I bet Marie Barone (from Everybody Loves Raymond) would be easier to be around than you.

Wait, all this time I assumed that the OP implied that if a dad got a prostitute for his son, it was merely an offer?
    I don't see any dad forcing the issue of getting a prostitute for his son.
    "Here son, nail this hooker I got you for your birthday, or I will disown you."

What does the last statement of this paragraph have to do with the first one?
    Talk about a total subject change within one paragraph.

As for services rendered being used sparingly, well that just depends on the person. If I were wealthy, I would probably utilize those services once or twice a week.
    But then again, unlike some members on here, I understand the difference between comitted/relationship monogamous sex and just wanting some no-strings-attached sex.

15. swarm Registered Senior Member

Do you understand the difference between having no strings attached sex and having to pay some one to have sex with you?

16. scott3x Banned Banned

For all my disagreements with swarm, I have to agree with him here; I'm not a fan of no strings attached, but I believe that even no strings attached is preferable to hiring a prostitute. At best, it can be like a therapy session, but people go to therapy precisely because they've got a problem to begin with. Yes, it can be argued that we all have problems and it can certainly be argued that many people have sexual problems, but forgetting the fact that one has a problem and -that- is why one is paying for sex, is, in my mind, the wrong way to go. I also believe that, like drugs, legal or illegal, it's something you generally do -not- want to become dependant on if you can help it.

I personally doubt I'll ever forget that when I did it, it was precisely because I was too shy to actually establish a long term relationship with a woman at the time. The years passed by, however, and I finally managed to have a one year sexual relationship with my second girlfriend. Difficult, yes, but I did it, and I certainly learned a great deal from it.

17. scott3x Banned Banned

Not sure if Orleander was referring to you as one of the 2 guys. What I -do- know is that it seems that these somewhat sly insults are going, in my view, a bit too far. I'm willing to bet that you have no evidence that Orleander's children would, in fact, require the services of a hooker. But even if it were true (my mother probably never imagined that I would feel the need for one), it's not something that I personally would mention to a mother.

Yes, I really don't think that's the way a father would put it to his son. Anyway, I think the wise thing to do would simply be for the son to choose. In places where it's legal, this type of thing isn't so hard to do. In places where it's illegal, you may want to save up for a trip to where it's legal. I personally wouldn't want to try to do this thing in a place where you could get arrested for it; some present -that- would be

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am sure that almost everybody here knows exactly who she is referring too, except you.

19. copernicus66 Banned Banned

But is there such a thing as 'no strings attached' sex? I don't think so.

With a prostitute, she provides the service, you provide the money, and that's it. The debt is paid. No "OMG I'm preggers" or "Waa, you didn't call back" or "WTF? You're seeing *him*? You bitch!"

20. scott3x Banned Banned

Perhaps. I could guess but it's generally not my thing. So care to share?

21. John99 Banned Banned

who cares? scott is doing important research he cant be bothered with women.

22. scott3x Banned Banned

Midnight assures me there is ;-). I have my doubts though.

Prostitutes can get pregnant too. And do all the other things you mentioned. The main difference, however, is the way society perceives them; as in, generally negatively. In a very real way, I would contend that unless they are servicing some particularly rich clients, their rights, both from society's 'moral' standpoint, as well as from a legal standpoint, are significantly diminished.

I really do wish I knew more about the prostitution underworld in some ways. I read a story recently in a newspaper, about a former prostitute whose pimp would use violence to keep her with him until she finally went to the police. I've heard stories about 'human trafficking', wherein people are brought illegally from other countries to engage in prostitution, many times under false pretences from the people who will use them.

-However-, I have also heard from a few prostitutes who find that the biggest drawback of the job is the fact that it's illegal where they're at. I firmly believe that prostitutes can be hands on sex therapists. However, in the current political climate, wherein they frequently have to worry about their supposed 'protection' (aka pimp) on the one side -and- law enforcement on the other, it can be rough.

I certainly have empathy for some of the clients as well. I was fortunate enough to hire a prostitute where it was legal to do so; I didn't find her on a street corner, she was sitting with what I believe were a bunch of others and when we sat down, the waiter himself brought them up. So she didn't even have to solicit. The hotel we went to was, I believe, part of the same property; we did what we did and then back we went.

Personally, it sounds a heck of a lot better then the idea of being 'busted' by fake prostitute-but-really-a-cop, follow the herd mentality that it's 'vile' or what not (let's be frank, it's "sin", put into the law).

23. swarm Registered Senior Member

There is, but it requires mature people. If you are going for drama queens or other immature people then don't expect no strings attached.