Get rid of prisons!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by River Ape, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

I'm sure it would never occur to the criminals to form gangs and throw those they didn't like outside of the boundary, so they'd be instantly decapitated.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

The idea of prison is absurd. If a person is irrepressibly violent or destructive, they should be confined in a mental hospital until they are improved - whether or not they have committed a crime.

Afterward, they should be reintroduced into society under electronic monitoring and under a specific plan to make speedy restitution for the benefit of their victims. Those who have caused harm without violence (such as embezzlers and burglars) would skip the first step in lieu of outpatient counseling, whilst undergoing step two.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There are new ways of altering the way we think. How about if we just altered these criminals minds into believing they had done 50 years of prison time without ever doing a day?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

where's the justice in that? Gonna change the victim's minds and make it so the crime never happened?

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If they really believe that they served that time then they will feel alot of inner pain for all the time they lost but we gain for it cost us little.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And what about the victim's? They lose everything?

Baron Max

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Tell me, didn't they already have whatever was done to them by the criminal happen even with a real prison time? It seems that if there maybe a way to get rid of prisons but adjust the brans of criminals then we should try to do that instead of just putting them away.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, sure ...but now, with your "brain adjustment method", the victims not only have to live with what the criminal did to them, but they have to watch that same criminal walking around enjoying life in their very midst. That ain't nice to punish the victims twice, is it?

Well, golly, why don't we just "adjust" everyone's brain, then we can let everyone do whatever they want to do to everyone else. Wanta' rape some girl? Hell, no problem, just rape the hell out of her, then go to the "brain adjustment center" and have it all erased .....and everyone is just happy as little pigs in the cool shit on a hot Texas day.

Baron Max

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

£1 +£1 Rebuilding Surcharge? What a rip!

I have had an idea for an alternative to prisons. Put people into suspended animation for the period of the sentence, say by lowering the body temperature. You could just stack them in rows. Much cheaper, and they'd be no bother. Then when the sentence is finished, thaw them out.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

When a prisoner gets out of real jail after they serve their respective time for their crime they are again set free into the community in which they committed their crimes. So in reality they will be back again no matter what you do to them except kill them of put them away for life. Most people in jails today are there because of drugs or some other non violent crimes they commit. Why not at least perform this on those people if that would make you feel any better?

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Time heals all wounds ....or sometimes ....or most of the time ...or ...most times people forget.

So ...why not just perform your "brain adjustment" on everyone, then no one will have to worry about crime? Let people do whatever they want, then just perform your "brain adjustment" so everyone forgets the crime altogether?

Personally, I think jails are for punishment, not for rehad or any other such bullshit. If someone does something wrong, we punish them. Your way is letting them off without any punishment .....I don't like that.

Baron Max

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

No big loss.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps the victim also could be "adjusted" to forget what happened to them.

So you really think by putting a 18 year old away for 5 years for smoking pot is the best way to stop pot smoking? Or for that instance a 70 year old caught stealing food should get a year or two for their criminal deed?

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sure. Let's just "adjust" everyone to forget all of their problems and troubles.

Seems to me that you're just grasping now instead of providing any valid argument or discussion. Why not just face it - you don't like the idea of people going to prison. Just say it, just admit it, and we can stop this silly back-n-forth bullshit session.

Baron Max

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You seem the one who bull shits, not me. I have given you perfect examples of what I say could work but you only cuss at me and give me nothing to compare it with.

19. Atom Registered Senior Member

Anytime you want to talk politics...make my day..I'm a libertarian but yes, I'd welcome more threads on politics. I'm brutal!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OMG, this really happens?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Where do you live?

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I was being a little "over the top" but I think you understand what I'm saying. So many pot smokers are serving time, so many crack addicts but so few BIG TIME DEALERS!!! What's that all about?

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, look at it this way ...if we get rid of all the buyers and users, then the dealers won't have anyone to sell to, so they'll be gone, too.

Baron Max

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

what does everyone propose we should do with all the criminals if we get rid of prisons? would you like a child abuser living next door to you??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.