German States Begin Banning Hijab

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Eluminate, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

http://www.turks.us/article.php?story=20040402093348817
    I seen this article on bbc.co.uk not sure if they mension it here. 5 More german states have laws that are like the one Baden-Wurtenburg passed in the works and will probably have them passed soon. So Germany is definetely going to get rid of it slowly but surely. I commend them on banning hijabs.

This reinforces my belief in the slow but sure trend of anti-islam thats spreading through europe. I posted on it when the French banned hijab. The main thing the europeans dislike is that by showing islamic symbols in public schools it propogandizes public opinion to sway in their favor on all issues which is very despicable.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zero Banned Banned

Okay. So the Germans are practicing bigotry once more. Gettin' back to their Nazi heritage in a different way with different targets. So entire Europe is catching that fever, and Muslim rights everywhere will be violated because of Islamic fanatics, who happen to be a great minority, who just use the name of their religion to justify killings. Europe is making no sense and is illogically extending "Islamic terrorists, must resist" to all of Muslims. Explain again why banning the hijab is "commendable"?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Geez.

-- Long live the Female Messiah!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

By having someone remove their "hats" isn't bieng racist or bigotry at all. I believe that this in no way stops anyone from practicing their religous views whatsoever. If anyone would think that by removing a "hat" would cause a person to lose their religon, those people don't have much intelligence whatsoever. Remember they aren't allowed to wear them at schools only, so once they leave school they can do as they please.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Smoking pork chunks on a red Friday raping your mother's bridge partner

It fallaciously calms people's irrational fears.

Er ....
    Neither will someone lose their religion if you force feed a Jew pork, make a Catholic choke down red meat on a Friday, or rape a Baptist virgin.

But it doesn't mean it's right to do so.

It's not as if they have to burn incense in class, or carry knives as part of their religion.

I mean, when it's not Muslims, Americans have problems with very simple dress codes in schools:

• ACLU. "Judge Rules in Favor of Michigan Studen'ts Right to Wear Anti-War T-Shirt to School." October 1, 2003. See http://www.aclu.org/FreeSpeech/FreeSpeech.cfm?ID=13913&c=87
    ACLU. "At ACLU Urging, FL High School Ends Discriminatory Graduation Dress Code." May 23, 2002. See http://www.aclu.org/StudentsRights/StudentsRights.cfm?ID=10387&c=156
    • Benjamin v. Natalia Independent. See http://www.tea.state.tx.us/commissioner/2001/008901.DOC Note: This is a .DOC file download.
    Kaytie v Forney Independent. See http://www.tea.state.tx.us/commissioner/2001/040101.DOC Note: This is a .DOC file download.
    • Tinker v. Des Moines. See http://www.landmarkcases.org/tinker/home.html

"In the absence of a specific showing of constitutionally valid reasons to regulate their speech, students are entitled to freedom of expression of their views."

- Tinker v. Des Moines, 1969 -​

Now--and just work with me here--if we're going to skip dress codes for the Bible; if we're going to skip dress codes for nonconformity and diversity's sake; if we're going to toss graduation dress codes for equal-protection gender standards, we can certainly make room for the hijab.

Foolish paranoia and cultural arrogance are no reasons to go banning the hijab in the name of freedom.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  8. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Bigotry and hatred will lead only to bigotry and hatred:

Look at thess pictures:

http://www.geocities.com/headscarfban/

Taking off Muslim girl hijab by force !! so much for WESTERN FREEDOM AND HUMAN RIGHTS !!!

They might oppress us today, but we will liberate them tomorrow.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Islam has been in many parts of the world for centuries. It is that most of the time Islamic peoples conform, or are tollerant of the countries dress codes that they reside in. When they are in America they have, in the past, dressed according to whatever dress codes were appropriate where they lived which never interfered with them being Islamic.

10. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

i think its totally different. The majority in europe is feeling that they are being force fed to live up to a minority view and agenda. What is happening is fairly simple countries like france and germany and others are feeling that the country has been hijacked by immigrants and their ideals + agenda and they are begining to take the helm back. This is symbolic of that shift and change. The muslims in those countries have long felt that they should be accepted as is and the majority should conform to suit their needs instead of the other way around. This is reality smacking them in the face.
    http://www.indolink.com/displayArticleS.php?id=040104075113
    (if the first link didn't work try this one)

Notice they are banning it in public institutions just like the French so that Muslim views wouldn't influence the public body.

11. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

In before Pentax defends it.

12. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

It most certainly is bigotry. Our convention of removing a hat indoors is arbitrary, and not even a particularly passionate point for most anyone. These "Hats" however are holy to them, and they believe women should have their hair covered at all times. Its a stupid crazy belief, but as long as you are going to insist that religion is a part of civilization you want to keep, you have to admit its no less or more valid a conviction than anything else religious. This is an intolerable ban designed to persecute a religious group. Holy hats hurt no one, its not even hard to see over them if you are sitting behind someone who is wearing one!

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty carries an article discussing the hijab in Germany, France, and the US: "Headscarves in the headlines, but countries take different approaches."
    You did not read that last sentence incorrectly.

Go figure.

If you're really afraid of Muslims, what will happen when you can't tell them apart?

What I'm getting at is that you should let Muslims dress as their faith dictates; that way, if you're afraid of Muslims, you'll always know when one is around.

Are beards and temple locks banned anywhere right now?

14. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Forget the religous symbols. Ban religion.

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Ban banning.

16. I Am F_AQ2 Registered Senior Member

Eluminate
    The Muslims in those countries have long felt that they should be accepted as is and the majority should conform to suit their needs instead of the other way around.

They do want to be accepted as they are but what makes you think they want the majority to conform to their needs? What 'conforming' is required by the majority when somebody wears a hat? It is their own decision. I would wager it would be a different story if they were attempting to ban wearing a cross.

Cosmictraveler
    It is that most of the time Islamic peoples conform, or are tolerant of the countries dress codes that they reside in. When they are in America they have, in the past, dressed according to whatever dress codes were appropriate where they lived which never interfered with them being Islamic.

That does not make it right. Most blacks in America conformed during slavery because they had no other option. On this premises then we should return to slavery. Just because people are forced to conform does not mean it is right.

taken from ht://www.turks.us/article.php?story=20040402093348817
    The State justice minister voiced reservations, saying the law could be easily invalidated by the constitutional court for its religious discrimination.

Even they see that it blatantly discriminates based on religion.

17. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

The story is about a TEACHER wearing religious symbols and influencing NON-Islamic children.... But this basicly bans all headscarve wearers in the public sphere. Imagine the influence teachers have on little kids.

I m sure some of them would ask what it is and improvise at home to the detrement of their secular and non-religious parents....

NON-Religious people have every right to protect themselves from Religious ones who practice and imprint their beliefs on others. SO IT IS COMMENDABLE AT LEAST BY MY VIEW! Hijabs should be banned all through Europe period.

18. munim_786 Banned Banned

the more countires start to do this the more angry the people will become. theres no point it is just gonna make people hate the west.

19. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Or perhaps the West will succeed in destroying Muslim culture within the borders of its States?

That would be sad in a way but also funny, considering the Christians would probably escape unscathed.

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Dear Lords,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of myself, the following declaration of sympathy with Muslim aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, um, myself (in light of rising European persecution of Muslims).

"I view with favour the establishment in Israel/Palestine of a national home for the Muslims, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Muslim communities in Israel/Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Muslims in any other country."

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of anyone who gives a rat's ass.

Yours sincerely,

H.W. Balfour

21. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

It's not that I like the ongoing trend at all, but logic dictates that if you push people they start pushing back at some point, this can be said for palestines pushing back for instance and also now for europeans feeling threatened and pushed by a dogmatic fundamentalistic branch of islam (are there other branches anyway?). In Holland there has been plenty of freedom and tolerance for different cultures to co-exist, wich for instance the surinam and asian people have done very well, kind of respecting the laws and customes where it matter, of the host country while retaining parts of their culture. Now the islam is more dogmatic bend or break religion wich goes against most of our basic values, wich is why islam culture does not mix fluid with western culture and why Morrocan kids for example make bad headlines all the time in our newspapers (that includes the left wing newspapers).

For instance , if i ever go to saoudi - Arabia, I would perhaps drink alcohol in my private appartment, but you wouldn't catch me with a can of beer walking in the streets of Riaad, because I wouldn't want to insult people of the host culture/country (besides the religious police would have your hands chopped off).

and that's exactly what I mean with the dogmatic nature of islam, geared towards conquerring, obedience enforced by heavy heavy sanctions. Now the lack of these heavy sanctions for immigrants in western europe means that they suddenly feel free to kinda "walk with a can of beer in our streets and insult us" (figuratively speaking), now taking the hijab is the first sanction of some "religious" police like you have back home, hey maybe we should adapt even more muslim values and introduce hands and headchopping for offenders...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  22. Eluminate Registered Senior Member

angry = nothing when they can be deported for acting out on that anger...
    And Europe is defenitely feeling hijacked by the muslim faith. Most of Europeans don't care much about mid east , they simply don't give a flying ****. But the muslim minority does pushing their agenda on is begining to annoy the core europeans. This annoyance and frustration out of feeling that your country is hijacked by a minority gives ground to nationalism + reinforcements of core values and beliefs in defense of minority onslaught...

sounds a bit prophetic but I think its true.

23. subject Registered Member

Ignoring all the hatred in your speech:
    The idea is to make schools neutral grounds. In Germany they are also banning all large Christian symbols along with all other religions, let it be on students or walls.
    It makes sense to me. You are supposed to learn. Step out of your limited world (and all of our world's are limited) and try to reach out to others without prejudice. I think any organised religion should be flexible enough to accommodate minor compromises like this, in order to widen horizons. What is the worst that could happen? Chances are it will make your life only richer.

Ps: Could somebody tell what the story of the Hijab is?

Last edited: May 2, 2004