German Propaganda Narrator

Discussion in 'History' started by Truenemo1889, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Truenemo1889 Registered Senior Member

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. Some of you have probably have seen German propaganda movies of World War 2. Many of those movies have one and the same narrator. His voice can uniquely be associated with propaganda movies/documanteries. Who is this narrator and what happened to him ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Man, to find that out, you'd probably have to look at Leni Reifenstahl (sp?). She did pretty much most of the cinematics associated with the Nazi government. Goebbels considered her a threat to his position, but he didn't have the eye for the moving picture that she did, and she didn't have the touch for weaving words that he did. Put those two together in advertising, and none of us would stand a chance. Research Ms. Reifenstahl and find out who she used during those years.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Working Class Hero Skank Monster Registered Senior Member

Yeah, and after the war she was pretty much succesful in claiming she was not a nazi... just an admirer. There was a British Fascist who defected to Germany and narrated any English language propaganda, as well as broadcasting propaganda on the radio. Nicknamed, Lord Haw Haw, but i dont remember his real name.

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

She claimed that until she finally died last year. I was sick of hearing her on the radio or see her on TV everytime someone dragged WW II up.

But I really can´t think of any other who would´ve documented most of the propaganda films.

9. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Lord Haw Haw was William Joyce. Born in New York, moved to Ireland when he was three. joined the British Fasciti Party in the early twenties and from there got into hitler and co. Thats all i can remember.