Genetics Trasformation

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Kumar, Oct 15, 2003.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

are you aware that it is not possible at this point in time to clone primates?

and how are you going to make organs without making a human?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I have found this similarity in the offsprings of least produtive partners who may have only one child. Although it is said, it is not possible in primates but may be some relation with cloning .

Organs, as they propose. This may not be exactly cloning but can be one kind of biotechnology by cloning procedre.

What they mean by this; see the site;
    http://www.humancloning.org/benefits.php

Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

identical twins are natural clones.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Natural clone but from two partners. I am talking from one partner. Is it possible that cell (not fertilized ova) due to some injury etc. or its DNA got embedded in uterus & develop as child of one partner.(just speculating) as 90% similar(non twins) are there.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No, that is not possible.

9. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Then how cloning is possible?

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You take an egg, enucleate it (fancy word for taking the nucleus out) and insert a nucleus from a somatic cell.

The key word is 'egg'.

11. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Thanks for details. If we look at all three types of clonings i.e. Embryo cloning,DNA cloning & Therapeutic cloning , Therapeutic cloning seems to be much usefull. No doubt cruelty & unnaturality is involved. But there are so many allowed cruelities like abortion are allredy existing. Most of the ova(say 99%) are naturally dying & if some life is given to some of them, is it a bad thing.

Now the other question, DNA in enucleated ova can develop a embryo. Now, suppose a women naturally have blank ova(if possible) than some how DNA from male or her own cell enter in that ova & then develop in to embryo. Is it possible.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

no, because there are some serious technical hurdles. There is a thread somewhere in sciforums about it. But I can't be bothered to look for it.

It is always simple on paper. Try to do research yourself and you will see that things are very different in real life.

13. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Very true words. Thanks. Today, I studied on cloning definition & some details. Discussions with you remained very specific & usefull.I leared a lot. Thanks & best regards.

Btw, can we discuss something about diabetes(some unusual thing) read at;

http://www.homeopathyhome.com/ultimate/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000258;p=1#000009

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i'm not interested in homeopathy

15. Kumar Registered Senior Member

But this subject is on some 'can be mistake' in diabetic current theory on insulin resistance. If this forum is suitable to discuss medical issues.

16. spookz Banned Banned

have i mentioned that lamarck rules?

17. blackholesun Registered Senior Member

YES, medical issues. Not homeopathy, which by all accounts isn't real and does not work.

18. Kumar Registered Senior Member

OK. As a guest, I have to give respect to host. Posted in other topic 'Observation & Opinion on Diabetes' in this forum.

19. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I have two questions also posted in other topic:-

1. Sugar is a simple food whereas insulin is a highly sensitive
    hormone. Diabetes is a hereditary disease. If sugar can be the responsible factor for this hereditary inheretance or Insulin? In other words, In Diabetes two changes takes place in type2. First, the blood sugar increases, second, the insulin secretion in blood also increases side by side till pacreas is working properly. Now which of these two will be the responsible factor which can cause additional genetic manifestations/hereditory inheritance or additional polyphenism. Sugar or Insulin?

2. If it is insulin, then if Insulin resistance will be caused by insulin or sugar(read ist posting)

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

diabetes is not a polyphenism

21. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Ok, I just want to know that which is out of Sugar and Insulin can be a responsible factor for causing Insulin resistance?

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

maybe both are

23. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Diabetes

Causes

Type 1 diabetes is believed to be an autoimmune disease. The body's immune system attacks the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin.

Type 1 diabetes may run in families.

Environmental factors, such as certain types of viral infections, formula feeding beginning before age 3 months (that is, breastfeeding for less than 3 months, or not at all), and exposure to certain food additives, such as nitrates and nitrosamines, may also contribute.

Type 1 diabetes is most common in people of non-Hispanic white persons of Northern European descent, followed by African Americans and Hispanic Americans. It is relatively rare in those of Asian descent.

Type 1 diabetes is slightly more common in men than in women.
    Type 2 diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is believed to have a strong genetic link, meaning that it tends to run in families. Several genes are being studied that may be related to the cause of Type 2 diabetes.

Ethnicity: Certain groups, such as African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Japanese Americans, have a greater risk of developing type 2 diabetes than non-Hispanic whites.

Aging: Increasing age is a significant risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Risk begins to rise significantly at about age 45 years, and rises considerably after age 65 years.