General homophobic interest

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Flash, Feb 5, 2000.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Lori, MC,
    look gals, in England it's definetly, 'bonk', 'bonking', 'bonked'. They have car bumper (fender) stickers that say, 'honk if you bonk'.
    You will find that The British will never doink or boink unless they've been to Brooklyn NY.
    Lesbians?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    "The crows are already stoned", he said.
    With a look of dispassion on his sad face.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MoonCat Registered Senior Member

Okay, Tab', we'll let you slide. The English always say things wrong anyway. (I'm KIDDING!)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Do you use contraceptives during your regular sex? I bet you do! But if you do, then you are violating the original "intent and circumstances", as claimed in your religion. How is your sex, then, any more "right" than homosexual sex? (Neither type can possibly produce a baby!)

Additionally, it is one thing to "CHOOSE" to abstain, or <u>perform</u> some other act. It's an altogether different thing when it comes to personality. You can't "CHOOSE" who you are, even though you can choose what you do. Big difference there. BIG, BIG DIFFERENCE.

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori Registered Senior Member

Sorry Boris,

Wrong answer. I don't believe in birth control. I think that the entire idea is hideous, disrespectful to God, and based upon greed, lust, and general self-interest. And no, I'm not on the pill. If my husband and I have sex, and he chooses not to want to get me preggers, then he has to choose to wear a condom, or choose to pull out. That is his decision. All I know is that whenever he wants it, it's my job to give it. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Also, are you still trying to tell me that someone can't change their perceptions????? Give it a rest already would ya? I'm getting bored. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

------------------
    "Go Jesus, go! Go Jesus, go!"

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

8. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Well, I must say you surprised me. So you don't use contraceptives. You also hate your husband, and are considering divorce (am I right?) But you still want to risk having a baby -- at this point in your life??? How irresponsible is that?!

You think the idea of contraception is silly??!!! If you want to discuss that, start a new thread please, you're gonna need it!

And yes, I'm still trying to show you that personalities can't be changed at will. NOTE: "personality" is quite different from "perceptions". Boring or not, it's the truth -- no matter how strongly you are bent on denying it.

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited February 11, 2000).]

9. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Lori,

I just read over my last post and yours, and realized I want to say a little more...

Wait a minute! If your husband chooses to use contraception while having sex with <u>you</u>, then it's OK?! If you think the whole idea is "hideous", then how come you are willing to submissively participate in it? Isn't this complicity through a failure to intervene?

How come pregnancy is a decision of your husband, and not you? You mean to tell me that you have no choice in the matter, and don't even want to have a choice in the first place?!

This is what you think is the will of your Lord?! Submission to your husband? Anything he wants, it's your job to give it??!! I can't believe what I'm reading here!

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

10. Lori Registered Senior Member

Boris,

I don't hate my husband and I don't want a divorce, so whether you think it's "smart" or not isn't really relevant to me. The fact is that we're married, now whether we should have gotten married to begin with may be a point of contention, but it shouldn't be impossible to work out at any rate. And if I'm going to get married, and I'm going to lay down with that guy, then I don't care if it's CONVENIENT FOR ME OR NOT (which apparently you use the terms convenient and smart interchangably), I will expect that if I get pregnant with a child that I will embrace that result whole-heartedly whether he does or not. Everyone has their own life to live, and I'm going to be the ONLY person lying on MY death-bed, so convenience and self-interest, whether it be my own or anyone else's, isn't relevant to me anymore.

And for Pete's sake Boris, someone can change their personality at will. All it takes is a little honesty, a little open-mindedness, some confidence, and loving support. If what you said is true then behavior modification and salvation would never work. I know that you're not used to hearing this, but YOU'RE WRONG.

------------------

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

11. truestory Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Sorry... It almost sounds like you are using the Bible to avoid making certain decisions and to avoid taking responsibility for some of your own actions in your marriage.

For example, if you truly believe that you should submit to everything that your husband "wants," that he is the one who is responsible for making all the decisions, then why don't you give him the money which he desires. If he desires to sit home and do nothing while you work and pay the bills, why not do as he desires?

On the other hand, if you will not do everything he desires because you know that some things are wrong, and if some things he wants directly conflict with your beliefs then, if your husband says that he wants a divorce (which goes against God's teachings), and you are against it due to your beliefs, then let him be the one to file and when you go to any hearing, state your opposition based on your religious beliefs. Please do not use the Bible to justify submitting divorce papers because that is what your husband says he wants.

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited February 11, 2000).]

12. Lori Registered Senior Member

TS,

What you say is true but to a point. My husband may CHOOSE to ask me for all of my money to waste on whatever. I am not his slave, I am his wife. I am in no way shape or form saying that I will choose to divorce him over ANYTHING except adultery, because it says that's it in the Bible. BUT, I do not have to subject myself to abuse. Ms. Christian, do you think that God wants us to be abused by our husbands????? Submission does not mean stupidity either. I asked my husband to stay with his parents because he was making my life an absolute living hell and I COULD NOT POSSIBLY keep up with his spending habits. REMEMBER ESAU??? AND if my husband STATES that he has DECIDED of his own volition to end our marriage, then whether or not I pay for the stupid thing is irrelevant. If he decided he didn't want to, then it wouldn't ever happen. I'm also not real impressed with the tone in you and Boris' last messages. I think that you're just pissed off cause I've made a point that you're not willing to face up to. But hey, that's just my opinion right?

------------------

13. truestory Registered Senior Member

Lori,

You are right. It is your opinion based on a misperception.

Do I think that natural homosexuality is a deviant behavior? Absolutely not. I think that sexuality exists apart from sexual behavior (the act) and that homosexuality is just one form of natural human sexuality. I think I made that very clear previously.

The tone of my last post was intended to be thought provoking and, if it was the case that you were using God's teachings to suit specific circumstances and not others, one of caution. It followed a subsequent post of yours and was in no way indicative of retalitation. Believe me, I am not wired that way.

What I was simply trying to get you to think about was, how and when do you apply God's teachings? Always? Almost always? Sometimes? Rarely? Never?

Do I think you should submit yourself to abuse? Absolutely not. You must love others as you love "yourself." Allowing yourself to be subject to abuse is not indicative of "love" of oneself.

Do I think that you should submit yourself completely, in all things, to your husband? Absolutely not. In marriage, two become one, not just sexually, but in all matters. Both husband and wife have moral responsibilities and obligations to each other and to the marriage.

Do I think you should file for divorce because that is what your husband says he wants when you know it goes against God's law concerning marriage? Absolutely not. I'm not quite sure about the marriage vows that you and your husband might have taken, however, they usually include: "for better or worse" and "for richer or poorer" and "in sickness and in health"...

Among other things, it seems that you are in a "worse" period of your marriage with your husband, it seems that he is "poorer" in many respects and it also seems that he is "sick" in a way... an extremely trying situation for you to say the least, and only you can decide what to do.

Believe me Lori, I am not judging you or mad at you and I have no negative intent in my heart. I am simply suggesting that you consider the entirety of your situation.

If you do decide to go along with the divorce, please remember that you will have to take responsibility for your own actions - whether you call it your husband's decision "alone" or not.

14. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Are you so sure that all those things aren't relevant? What about the convenience and self-interest of any child you might potentially have? If you aren't in a good family situation right now, how can you possibly justify even risking getting pregnant?

LMAO

When did "behavior modification and salvation" ever work, pray tell? Are they working so well that U.S. has one of the highest prison populations in the world? Did they work so well that Communism took over the world?

One can change opinions at will. One can try and change attitudes. One can choose what behaviors to engage in. But one CANNOT change their own personality! For Pete's sake, Lori, and for Jesus' too.

You've been "labeled" as bisexual, not because you express certain views -- but because you claim that either sex is equally attractive to you. You ideology, choices, etc. DON'T MATTER to your sexual orientation. You can't "choose" NOT to be attracted to beautiful women, although you can choose not to get into romantic relationships with them. Similarly, homosexuals cant "choose" to be romantically interested in the opposite sex. And I know of heterosexuals (friends) who, although willing to admit that certain men are attractive to them, consider same-sex intercourse revolting and disgusting. Revolting, Lori. That's not a choice. Finding boiled broccoli to be revolting is not a choice either.

As for pregnancy control -- I don't believe it was God's intent that Earth suffer from overpopulation. Though hell, I don't even believe in God in the first place...

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

15. 666 Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Opppsss!

A bit of embarrassment on my part! on to other things...

Are you forgeting that you have the right to not have to live like this. DO you realy understand the full implications involved with remaing in a relation ship with some one like this? It's called an
    enabler. I am verry familar with this sort of thing, my father was a terminal alcoholic (refused to stop drinking untill he was dead). By staying with someone like this who refuses to change the habbit you only help them continue. Through various means that you may not even be aware of. The spouse of an alcoholic / drug abuser needs as much help as the alcoholic / drug abuser. I have put a couple of links below to a few sites about this. I wish only the best for you!
    http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/terrace/gjl37/index.shtml The center for recoverery http://www.oceansofenergy.com/crank.htm A personal story of an addiction to crank http://www.pta.org/commonsense/ Common senes rasing drug and alcohole free children
    It will be a difficult job if you chose to have child with this man. http://www.davidthomson.com/ and here is a link to a good book about addiction, A fellow ship of man and women by David Thomson

I know that you said he uses pot, but even that can cause major problems. One the bigget misconceptions is that pot is not addictive. Well first there are 2 type of addiction. Physical dependence and the one pot is most known for, Psychological dependence. Secound a child of an alcoholic has a fity percent chance of carring the gene to predispose him /her to addiction to alchole. Of those who do there is apoximatly fifty percent of them who are predisposed to addiction to pot. Pot is so similar to alcohole, it is both a sitmulant and a depressant, that it easy for an alcholic of child of an alcoholic to become addicted to pot. Once again I wish only the best for you and any future children you may have!

------------------
    All I know is what I understand. All I understand is what I know.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited February 11, 2000).]

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

666--

In some ways, pot wrote the book on psychological dependence. Psychological dependence, as a difficulty of marijuana use, only came about after the following anti-drug arguments had failed:

* Reputation--only loose women use marijuana; apparently, using pot gets a woman raped, and it's her own damn fault.

* Race--much like the "Planned Parenthood" eugenics letters, a letter went to the President explaining that marijuana prohibition could significantly reduce the crime problem among racial minorities; the logic here was that they would all be in jail.

* Health--a 1972 report by the U.S. Bureau of Narcotics demonstrated, at the least, that there was no evidence of marijuana being a carcinogen.

* Crime--the last 28 years have demonstrated that the crimes the War Against Drugs hopes to eliminate would largely not exist were certain drugs decriminalized.

In the early 1980's, while schools (in my area, at least) were botching the Drug War as badly as possible, people feared the addictive cocaine. I remember learning about addictive substances like cocaine, heroin, and marijuana. Were caffeine or nicotine addictive? The answer then was "Yes, but in a different way." And then in 1993 I saw the '72 report, and the only pot-addiction literature I've seen since originates within anti-drug campaigns.

(This does go somewhere. And all of that to support the following....)

It seems to me that psychological dependency on marijuana is symptomatic. We might counsel a user against his/her dependency, but as it is a symptom, the conflicts that motivate drug use/dependency still remain. I'm usually a little sarcastic about it in the following sense: "Great, now he's depressed, pissed off, and sober." And that combination is just as bad as depressed and stoned.

I would assert that the child of an alcoholic parent becoming psychologically dependent on marijuana is less genetic than it is acquired behavior. I would further assert that attempting to treat marijuana dependency before treating the underlying family problem will result in a null sum, at best; they might not be smoking pot, but the symptoms of the greater problem will manifest themselves differently.

Otherwise, I must apologize for butting in here. I'm aware that the bulk of the post I'm responding toward actually focuses elsewhere. But the Drug War, if we must have it at all, calls upon me to speak out whenever I see what I consider those misconceptions.

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    Take a side you say, it's black and gray. And all the hunters take the hunted merrily out to play. We are one, you say, but who are you? You're all too busy reaping in the things you never sown. And this feast must go on and on and on .... Nobody gives a damn. (Floater; "Beast")

17. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

OT:

Tiassa,

as far as marijuana goes, I'd vote to not only legalize it but create incentive programs for growing and industrially implementing hemp. What better way to save the forests, replace cotton, reduce crimes, etc, etc?

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Boris--

It may not be fair to say, "What better way?" After all, we can't know what better way until we can see the sum of hemp legalization.

Of course, that seems to be the whole issue. If memory serves me correctly, the same group of people who try to keep medical and industrial hemp research illegal are the same ones who say legalization is a bad idea because there's not enough research.

But I'm just whining.

What better way, indeed ... I'm all behind you there.

As a side note, in 1992, in Oregon, a marijuana legalization bill failed because several out-of-state, anti-drug groups outfunded the measure's supporters. Those anti-drug groups consisted of the usual DARE lunatics, PDFA, and then an assembly of funds from cotton, paper/lumber, pharmaceutical, and fuel companies. (Less than coincidentally, we had a triple-trailer measure on the ballot, to outlaw Kenworths with three trailers; the biggest spenders by far in that campaign were from Burlington-Northern and one other railroad company--they, of course, supported the banning of three-trailer rigs.)

Okay, I'm babbling. Thanx, gotta go. I'll try not to spin this topic any farther from its origin, I promise.

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    Take a side you say, it's black and gray. And all the hunters take the hunted merrily out to play. We are one, you say, but who are you? You're all too busy reaping in the things you never sown. And this feast must go on and on and on .... Nobody gives a damn. (Floater; "Beast")

19. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Tiassa, Boris,
    do we decriminalise or legalise?
    Do we only do this for marijuana, or do we include other currently illegal drugs? if so, which ones do we keep banned?
    How desirable would it be to give everyone legal access to marijuana, let's say.
    How might it affect a society's productivity,
    or propensity for accidents?

This is actually a huge subject, I'm wondering whether we should start a new thread for it!

------------------
    "The crows are already stoned", he said.
    With a look of dispassion on his sad face.