Gay Couples want to be recognized as LEGALLY MARRIED...

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by wesmorrisbabe, Jun 9, 2003.

?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/indepth/background/gayrights.html

1. I'm SUPPORTIVE of it

24 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. I'm OPPOSED to it

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I feel INDIFFERENTLY towards it

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Ok, so you haven't brought up any good points, and now are just resorting to religious dogma. I'm done with you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

In my opinion, the Catholic Church has absolutly no
    business saying anything about sexual morality.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

A lot of people with vision are considered legally blind. They all stumble.

If you had a clue, you'd realize that constricting your perspective to be interpreted through a silly book basically makes you legally blind. You're bound to stumble.

Tell us WHY it is wrong. If you say "because I read it" or "because jesus said" or "because it's christian" or "it's against nature" then you've only demonstrated the inferiority of your cranial capabilities.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." -Matthew 5:22 (KJV)

8. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I'm joking with you. Obviously your too prideful and have
    lost everything for your so called rational thinking. You cannot
    even explain in simple terms why "truth" is good. Nor
    can you even define good so how would I dare try to prove
    something morally wrong . "I have put a stumbling block for the house of Judah".

9. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I can say for sure that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. YOU ARE A FOOL to make such retarded assertions of someone you don't know.

(what I HAVE is a big fat juicy brain ready to pounce on dumbasses promoting bullshit as truth)
    I'm simply flabergasted that you could say that without having first looked for evidence to support it. You sir, are captain dumbass. (look on the bright side, at least you get to wear an eyepatch.. chicks dig that kind of thing..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)
    If it's not morally wrong then what are you complaining about captain?
    And then you tripped over it yourself didn't you dumbass?

10. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Until you can prove that truth exist
    I will continue to believe in my "false" God.
    See I know you cannot prove that truth exist
    since any prove must done using logical truths.
    Your basis that truth exist is apparently as wrong
    and baseless as God exists. Until then I will
    continue to believe that all truth is in God and from God.

Fine I will retract it but most agree that the human race is inherently selfish.

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Believe whatever the hell you want. I don't care. I start caring when you start telling me what it "wrong" or "right" and then justifying it with some "false" god bullshit. If you're gonna tell me what is "wrong" or "right" you should be able to provide a compelling argument for your conclusion. Regarding this issue, you've failed to do so.

I'd say that's a damn good thing, though it's out of control in many cases. Ultimately though, it is pure selfishness that serves the species best.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Hmmm ....

So which Nobel Prize do we nominate Saddam Hussein for? (Sorry, it's the obvious joke.)

Although I do see the merit of such a statement in the abstract, similar to the merit I see in the Law of Thelema.

:m:,
    Tiassa

13. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Is it worth even that? I'll give you a half full bottle of water (cuz that's what I have on me, by god), throw in your guilt of origional sin (you are a woman after all) and I'll see if I can't throw in a little bag of chips or something.

14. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Haha, again is this a warning or a threat? Don't worry about my wellbeing, I told you I'll be taken care of, my boyfriends, Smith & Wesson take good care of me.

You know, I've never met a guy at a gay bar or a club, and I know quite a few, and none of them tend to hang out at clubs or bars either. Not that hanging around these places is bad, we're just a more relaxed quiet bunch. I fail to see how going to these places would be a bad thing, but for those of us who don't like the atmosphere it's a good thing that you're dead wrong here, okinrus.

Oh, thank you daddy I'm glad I have your permission, after all, God is on your side, I mean you told yourself that all on your own, and seeing how as god is on your side you can't be wrong about it, right?

15. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I have not used any bibical quotes to show that
    homosexuality was against God. I'm suprised that you take great
    offense at someone stating what is "wrong" or "right".
    Bibical quotes have to be used in discussion
    because most of society is christian. It's like
    wearing a visible crucifix in a muslim city. Is it
    "wrong" no. Does offend everyone but you, "yes". Thereby
    it's wrong.

16. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Correction, most of your society is christian. The world (and the internet) are not.

Also, just because society says it is right... doesn't mean it is. If you were in a muslim city, would you assist in the stoning of an individual?

17. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Yes persol walks in the darkness of social progressiveness, and justice. Shame on him, I hope he enjoys burning in hell.

18. okinrus Registered Senior Member

People have to do everything in there moral limits
    not to offend someone while being truthfull. I've
    tried to do that here...

I would not because stoning goes against the new testament. However Paul says that when your invited to stay in a house to
    eat whatever is sent before you in good concience. However
    if there is a sin envolved, for example eating food sacraficed to idols then don't.

19. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

haha, wait a minuet, are you a christian or a nihilist? This is sad! "oh yeah well umm Uhhh no one can ever know anything, really! And so that's why I know god is right"

Ok, whatever, guy.

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Didn't say you did. You've referenced your religion and jesus or whatever though. That's "justifying it with some "false" god bullshit" IMO.
    You don't get it man, I don't take "great offense" to anything besides death threats, questions of my character, or intended harm toward my wife and children. I'm not at all offended by your comments, I'm just refuting them as vacuous.
    Doesn't make it right. Doesn't make the bible relevant.
    That's not wrong, it's rude. It's not "wrong" to be "rude". What is "wrong" IMO, is assuming that religious considerations have any bearing on what is right or wrong.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

first off does the pole say agree with the artical or agree with gay marrages?

second if i make a religion saying "gays are the chosen ones for they dont crowd the world, people should love one anyother and u should all worship ME" and all gays belive that what difference between jews marrying jews in there church and gays marrying in mine?

jews are legal marriges and you surport that so you MUST surport gays then

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i met my ex BF through a female friend

how did you meet your last GF?

23. okinrus Registered Senior Member

I cannot support what I consider sinful. Though
    having same-sex marriage by law does not really
    matter because they are going to get married anyways.
    Therefore I remain indifferent.