Gas Passes $4.50/gallon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, May 13, 2007.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

No, Cornell and Johns Hopkins. I am one of the execptions - self made rich but increasingly liberal. I undersatand how important making sure all get a good education (and health care) is to the economic welfare of a nation in this information age. thus want federal government to make the rat invested urban schools as good as those in rich neighborhoods and all sorts of ideas, you no doubt think "foolish." From my capitalistic POV,we can not afford not to when competeing with nations like China, S. Korea, Japan, even India, etc. that are placing high emphase on education for all etc. Look at the relative math and science scores in Asia, compared to US. Little wonder the US economy is losing to them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

I trust you support the voucher system then, good man.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

You still did not name one "lib" who had any role, veven a small one, in the decision to invade Iraq!

Your switch blame to those who were out of power will not work for anyone who can think.

Yes I too say we went to war for the oil profits that were going to French comapany Total and Russian suppliers of oil field equipment and services and for Hallibuton and US big oil that objective has been partially achieved.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

Ice-re:Franken:

Poor guy. I guess he just wasn't good enough, smart enough, and dog-gone it, people didn't like him.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

That's good, email it to him.

9. Singularity Banned Banned

The common american cant do a thing about this , the reason is that american democracy is controlled by illunimnati. Since there are only two parties they are out of option. Democracy has to be free, a two party system is nothing more that tyranny in turns.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

That's very true, they're working the ol' Hegelian dialectic, controlled conflict resolution.

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

To understand intent, by observing actions (the old "deeds speak louder than words" bit):

Note that the first building in Baghdad to be protected (from looting) by a ring of US guards was the oil administration building. The museum, filled with irreplaceable treasures of mankind's history did not get any protection for more than 10 days so much was lost. I think most "libs" would have inverted this order - I would have any way.

12. Singularity Banned Banned

For a very long time the only protection that was given to Iraqi people was to its oil wells.

13. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Yes, but only after all schools offer essentially the same quality of educational opportunity. However, I am not very interested or knowledgeable on how is the most efficient way to finance equally good schools. All I am sure of is that if schools are funded very locally then some will be good and many terrible, as is the current case in US. The students from the bad schools will tend to hurt the economy more than they help it. (Crime is very costly, but if you are unqualified for the jobs available in the high-tech, information society we are creating, what else can you do?)

I tend to think some aspects of the voucher system very positive - the slightly better schools would gain students and the slightly worse than average lose students. Thus, by noting change in the student attendance numbers (corrected for other factors like a local factory closing, local population aging, etc.) would call early attention to the schools developing problems much more quickly than some DC office of education could without this type of information.

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

15. Singularity Banned Banned

Since u armerican claim to have reached moon 40 years ago, have u still got rid of poverty in your country ? or do u have even more beggars now since 1969 ?

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

We have about 17 beggars in the U.S.

17. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

sooo off-topic

18. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Does that mean you agree with my post 30? If so, state that view as I do when it is germain to the thread. MANY, like the Baron, disagree yet the economic logic is very simple and clear.

To make the connection to the thread more clear:
    Perhaps the brain that could have, if well educated, made liquid fuel available more cheaply was in a poor child's body, which got bitten by a rat in school, dropped out and now uses his clever intellect to deal drugs without getting caught.

19. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Those "rat filled" schools will never perform as well as those "rich" white schools because they are filled with low IQ "minorities".

You can read what happened when some liberal judge in Missouri had his wet dream fulfilled and was allowed to spend as much money as he wanted on black inner city schools in Kansas City. You can read how well that worked here.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/08/catastrophe_in.php

The effort to integrate the Kansas City public schools is one of the most costly, misguided, and ineffectual programs ever undertaken in America in the name of racial equality. This billion-dollar effort has been so utterly a failure that only good can come of it. Catastrophe as complete as this may shake even a liberal’s confidence. This may well be the high-water mark of the astonishing efforts whites have made to build a society in the name of an illusory equality.

Kansas City came to national attention ten years ago, when federal District Judge Russell Clark ordered the school district to build and staff the best, most expensive public schools in the country – perhaps in the world. They were to be so dazzlingly good that they would both lure white students out of their safe suburbs and raise black student achievement to the white level. Judge Clark was even willing to wield dictatorial power to get what he wanted, looting both the city and the state to fund the gold-plated schools that desegregation was thought to require.

Of course, the grand experiment failed. The wondrous schools were duly built but blacks learned no more in them than before. Whites stayed in the suburbs. And now a recent Supreme Court decision will probably cut off massive subsidies from the state, leaving the city with a hugely expensive system to run and no money. If Kansas City cannot dream up new ways to make whites pay for them, the dream schools will slide back into the ramshackled mediocrity from which Judge Clark thought he had lifted them.

- snip -

20. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

We have more poverty now because we import it and pay welfare queens to breed.

21. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Dont know about the States, but in Canada there is a DRASTIC shortage of skilled blue collar workers - carpenters, mechanics, masons, electricians, plumbers, etc.

And a large number of unemployed high tech folks.

22. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Sounds like Canada needs some illegal immigrants.

23. superstring01 Moderator

Even at $4.50 a gallon it will STILL be cheaper than what most of the industrialized world pays. Americans have to accept the fact that if we aren't going to begin taking advantage of our own ENORMOUS oil supplies (as yet untapped because of whiney tree huggers), then we are going to have to pay the price that the world sets for oil. Besides drilling more at home, the USA needs (yes, in this case it means governnent regulation) a 20 plan to totally remove American electricty production from fossil fuels and converting them to nuclear, solar, wind, and hydroelectric means. BESIDES that, the farce of turning corn into fuel needs to stop and the reality of turning "other" things like hemp or sugar beats into fuel needs to be explored (the amount of convertable substances in corn is a fraction of other plants-- but the corn industry has dominated the debate... thus wins).

If not drilling at home, then the USA needs to REALLY start invading countries-- personally I'd take Canada and Venezuela over Iraq any day.

~String