Gamerz

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Stryder, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Shrike, I like you so much.
    Play the kid, come on.
    We have to set a date, because your time shall be different from the time here. So we have to make an appointment when both of you are awake.
    Oh, I like this so much.
    My son thought no one would react. I told him you want to play against him and now he says 'I am better any way', so beat him...
    He wins most of the time, really, from people on the net, last time he was playing to a 48 year old man, who plays for a long time already. But my son beat him, greatly. He IS good.
    You be warned.
    Lets set a date. Probably you sleep when we are awake. So lets find out about the time. And a day you are available.
    My son is available all week, it is school vacation here.
    So let us know...As soon as you can.
    Hahaha, I will look, til the game is over and laugh.
    At one of you.
    Thank you for playing with him. Let me hear when you can make it.
    By the way, a nice avatar you have.
    Bye.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

We need to figure out the time offset. I'll be availible over the weekend on saturday or sunday, preferably in the morning but it makes no difference to me. I'm gonna start a new thread under free thoughts advertising a sciforums starcraft game, I'm not doing it here because free thoughts seems to get the most traffic among users. Maybe backslash will join in, I hear he plays a mean game of everything. I could ally with your kid.

I assume he doesnt speak english, but I'll post further details on that other thread under free thoughts.

Thanks for the comment, how about the title? It means: Judge of Science, and I think I got the wording right. Everything's backwards and a little to the left when it comes to latin.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm just mentioning my Mate and myself use to play through him dialing my computer up, He didn't own starcraft, but I owned a copy of starcarft and broodwar and I found that if I installed both on both machines, so the build was the same, I could use the Broodwar disk and he could use the normal starcraft disk.

I'm still waiting to get that disk back off of him because I can't install it on this machine without it. (Although I'm going to try something a bit later, by pulling it from the other machine through LAN)
    ----

I managed to get Starcraft to shift over from my other computer, of course I then had to transplant the registry (at least the ones related to starcraft and broodwar) All went well, I've got the sucker working.

This means I have Starcraft/Broodwar V 1.07 up and working, I probably could upgrade more, but I know that you have to have the same build.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2001
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Time offset is 7 hours to Central Time Zone.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Does everyone see the time as GMT-it's the same time as it is here-EST, but it's posted at the bottom of the page on sciforums. Stryde there's a new version of starcraft our, v 1.08, you should check it out. Don't worry we still have a week and a half until the game.

9. Benji Registered Senior Member

Unreal tourney and quake3 omfg them games suck, like playing a poorly animated cartoon.
    Quake2 is the daddy of all online games and to date is probably still the best multiplayer experience ever!
    Its crown is challenged only by the forthcomming Return to castle wolfenstien, which in my opinion will be the online game of the year 2002.

Must be your crap hand eye co ordination as im 6ft 3" and i was undefeted at mortal combat 1/2/3 when i was at uni

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Shrike, I want to apologize for the absence of my son last Saturday. The pc crashed and was out for more then a week, nearly 2 weeks I guess...
    Sorry for not being there.
    I hope you all have had a good time and that all went well.
    Bye.

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

no we kinda forgot about it.

Screw the whole idea.

Diablo 2 4ever mayan! That game is AWSOME.

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

My son has Diablo to yes, he likes it a lot.
    But he is member of a clan who play against other clans, clan-wars, and at the moment it is Unreal Tournament what he is playing most of the time.
    But I am a little glad to hear it didn't work out because I felt guilty to you and I could not contact you because the computer was crashed.
    Have a lot of fun with Diablo, I have seen it yes. Perfect game for ' boys'.

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Is it that bad with your games?
    You have to sigh about them?
    Haha, you are funny.
    Have fun with Diablo. Send it to Tony1, it has the right name to f**k him up a little more. (sorry, that was mean)

I may not say such things but it was tempting.
    I just replied to him on the Religion thread, that is why I said it.
    But you know how to understand what I write, so no harm done.

Have fun with your games and have a nice day.

15. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

lol...no it's too good for him. I hate him too.

16. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

(Sniffle, Sniffle)

All i have been playing is Starcraft casue that is all i really have. Its not fair. I want Unreal tournament. I Need to get my comp alive again and decked out with kick ass games or I fear I may Die...... Anyone wanna contribute games to me?

17. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yes, my son plays Unreal Tournament all day long if he gets the chance.
    In the weekends he plays til 6 in the morning, online, in clan-wars.
    He is really 'addicted' to UT at the moment.
    He even practises a lot because he wants to become the best sniper of his clan, haha.

Oh you boys and your games, cool.
    Nice to see how it works and if he has a clan-war I may not talk to him, for he is busy with important business.

The best sniper, haha. Well, he can play very well, there are several other clans who want to have him.
    But for now he stays with [digital Titans], [dT].

Tristan I hope you will have your other game(s) soon, it is fun to see how much pleasure my son has playing and I should want every boy to can play the games, just because they all like it so much.

And better play the games then be violent yourself.

18. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I used to have UT, but sold it after I got bored. Now that you've been mentioning it so much I want to buy it back, I sold it online for ten bucks. Sniping's fairly easy once you get used to it, your mouse just has to be very sensitive so you can move quickly and follow your target, but it's a hellofa lot more fun to be on the front lines and get down and dirty with your opponent with the rocket launcher or something.
    I used to play Jedi Knight on the net but stopped because I got bored, I tried playing UT once but my connection was horrible and I couldn't kill ANYONE because of the lag...
    I still play broodwar, I have a battle story. It was a 2v2v2 game, and my supposed-to-be ally didn't speak much english and decided he didn't want to be my ally early in the game. He attacked me with relatively 10 siege tanks, but lucky for me I had a few dark templars in the area and they tore his tanks apart before they fired a single shot. But, I lost the game since THREE seperate people attacked me on THREE seperate fronts, but I managed to fight them off for upwards of ten minutes before I knew that I was history.
    That was FUNNN!

19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

That is what I mean yes.

My son can tell that about his games the same way you do. I love it.

He is pretty good now, other clans constantly ask him to join them, but for now he stays with the digitalTitans. They don't want to loose him either because he is that good.

Nice to hear those stories about the games.

Enjoy playing them. And go for the winning end....
    Haha. Beautifull, this, really.

20. Jay Renalsds Registered Member

Is diablo two really that good? I hear everquest was a lot better but never wanted to pay the monthly fees. I didn't think diablo two could be that good because it doesn't have monthly fees and its not that expensive. For that matter i only have a 56k connection so none of them would probably work out too well.

21. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Well, not everybody likes the same games, so you have to find out for yourself.

Don't you have a friend or so who has Diablo?

Maybe you can rent it at a videostore where they rent movies too, or in the library.

In the Netherlands this is possible, but I don't know how that is in the US.

I wish you very much luck finding out and playing your games.

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

With something like Diablo II in Multiplayer (through a modem) it's not a problem having a 56k modem, the problems occur when you computer isn't good enough to run it properly (i.e. Blue screens of death because your AGP graphics memory conflicts with the memory windows wants to use)

Or the distance you are away from battlenet servers. (Or getting your version patched as high as everyone elses)

56k is fine.

I found that Diablo (the first one) worked fine also, sometimes a little bit of slow down here or there (usually when the map changes or you've just killed a boss etc)

I just wish I could get my system to run it properly rather than having to boot ever 10 mins

A game that I'm sure I've recommended before is Dark Reign 2 that uses 3D graphics to the fullest of your system, and depending on your system stats decides how detailed your game is (Image Command and Conquer but with three dimensional units, and a scene that you can zoom and rotate like Populous the Beginning.)

I did try to run Ultima Online: Third Dawn, but the load failed and the free month subscription got wasted (now I have a wasted program on a disk, don't bother buying)

A game I tried over the net that was also a monthly subscription was http://www.darkages.com you can play for 5 days as a trial (bewarned it lags if your too far away from the servers, and the trial has limited functions and places you can visit)

Another game that I've played and is currently approaching payment is http://www.runescape.com but the payments are necessary as the guy who has put together this Java landscape and interactive system purchased a bunch of servers to keep up with the population demand. (I'm sure it will be cheap when it does establish a fee)

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I never tried everquest for the same reason but I am considering it. Yeah Diablo 2 is awsome, you can get it retail for around thirty bucks. Five really different character classes with a bunch of different spells, loads of enemies to kill, it never gets old. I bought it a long time ago and am still playing it.

I'm not one for real massively multiplayer games, since they all cost money and my comp's becoming outdated. I need to get a new one, after that I will definitely buy Star Wars galaxies. That looks SOO awsome.

I had Dark Reign 2 for awhile but the a.i was so stupid! I liked it but starcraft and broodwar is so much better, you should try those stryde.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.